Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lebanon, Egypt, Jordan open market to Puntland Livestock

Dedicated for Puntland politics and affairs.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Xamud.

Re: Lebanon, Egypt, Jordan open market to Puntland Livestock

Postby Xamud. » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:41 pm

Xamud:

I Think that is a bad Idea. You can't ask the nomads to give up their way of life that they have been use to for thousands of years just like that. If they all flock to the cities and abondon their way of life, they will live in poverty. As you know, there is not a lot of opportunities as far as jobs goes in large cities, although it is getting better. The only skills the nomads (geel giiraayaal) have is how to herd their lifestocks, they don't have a lot of skills, education, and they don't know much about the city, how would you have them compete?

I would not advice them put a garage sell poster on everything they own and move into town immediately, but rather that they move in gradually as things develop. Nomads are a vital part of our culture, am not suggesting we get rid of it, just minimize it, 70% of the population are nomads, this means that 70% of the population are depending on live-stocks, which again depend on rain and grazing land. Things would be much better if less people were living a nomadic life-style, even most conflicts would go away.

tightrope
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby tightrope » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:53 pm

There is a lot of cattles to my suprise, I thought only goats, sheeps and camels could live in Puntland's climate. I saw tons of Camels and goats while I was there but I have never come a cross with cattles. [/color]
The plains between southern Bari, northern Nugaal, and eastern Sool are Puntland's cattle belt. People there are exclusively known for cattle ranching. In fact, the term "Ciise Riyoole" only refers to the Muuse Ciise branch surrounding Garowe, my branch (Abukar Ciise) are almost exclusively cattle ranchers.
WHAT ABOUT POULTRY? :lol:

abdisamad3
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby abdisamad3 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:21 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
go perform an ass shaking for your yugandheese master, :lost:

abdisamad3
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby abdisamad3 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:21 am

longlive Puntland, :up:

udun
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby udun » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:35 am

:up: :up:

This will definitely boost the PL economy, and Somalia as a whole.

Maanta neefka ariga ah wuxuu joogaa $80.00 halkii uu 2010 ka joogay $43.00.

abdisamad3
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby abdisamad3 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:11 am

:up: :up:

This will definitely boost the PL economy, and Somalia as a whole.

Maanta neefka ariga ah wuxuu joogaa $80.00 halkii uu 2010 ka joogay $43.00.
the train is leaving soon brother I suggest you jump onboard before you get left behind in that shithole, ;)

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.