Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cinque Book Club

Dedicated for Puntland politics and affairs.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Cinque Mtume
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Cinque Book Club

Postby Cinque Mtume » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:20 pm

I recently copped an interesting book called Kilo Two written by Belgian military captain Johan Goyvaerts. For the Americans and Canadians, there's an English version on Amazon.com.

It's about his story when he and 4 fellow elite soldiers under his command were sent from Kismayo to Afmadow on 26th of March 1993 to monitor the movements of the SPM militias there.

What should have been an operation of 4 months, lasted 10 months. The 5 men came back psychologically traumatized out of Somalia and the captain himself had to get a bullet removed out of his skull.

Only after 4 years was he physically and mentally able to write this book about his dark days in the Jubba Valley.

Highly recommended if you want to know more about the Kismayo Wars of the early 90s and the roles played by Gen Morgan, Col Jess, Gen Gabyow and the Americans and Belgians.

Amethyst
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Cinque Book Club

Postby Amethyst » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:04 pm

Cinque, I'm only finding the Dutch version so far. Looks to be an Interesting read, though.

Btw, Would his brigade be the ones caught roasting that Somali kid over fire as well? Bastards. :x

metamorphosis
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Cali iyo haaruun, miyaa gabal isaaq ciilay? Reer Cali miyaa wada cuskaday, curadadii reerka?

Re: Cinque Book Club

Postby metamorphosis » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:14 pm

I think I know my own history better.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.