Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Emirate owned MV Laila used by Somalilanders released

Dedicated for Puntland politics and affairs.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Cinque Mtume
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Emirate owned MV Laila used by Somalilanders released

Postby Cinque Mtume » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:10 am

reports stated that the Somaliland victims paid 250.000 dollars and the MV Laila docked at Berbera port today. :up:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SahanGalbeed
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Emirate owned MV Laila used by Somalilanders released

Postby SahanGalbeed » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:15 am

I think we should take our anger out on the pirates we already have in jail transfered from the Seychelles
Regardless of who done what and when , anytime there is a pirate story whether on Al Jazeera or the local radio , i would torture them :lol:

mody21
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby mody21 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:18 am

I think we should take our anger out on the pirates we already have in jail transfered from the Seychelles
Regardless of who done what and when , anytime there is a pirate story whether on Al Jazeera or the local radio , i would torture them :lol:
they are mostly mooriyans from hobyo so we dont care what you do to them

nomadicwarlord
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby nomadicwarlord » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:19 am

reports stated that the Somaliland victims paid 250.000 dollars and the MV Laila docked at Berbera port today. :up:

That means SL won't be able to pay the salaries of its civil service the next 2 years.

SahanGalbeed
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby SahanGalbeed » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:21 am

they are mostly mooriyans from hobyo so we dont care what you do to them
negative , they are majeerten , wallahi i swear

Cinque Mtume
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Cinque Mtume » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:21 am

Who cares about those handful warsangeli pirates? :lol:

News Update: the spokesman of the Somaliland victims confirmed that 300.000 dollars has been paid, not 250.

And they're also accusing the PL minister of ports and fisheries of getting his share of the money. :lol:

SahanGalbeed
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby SahanGalbeed » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:22 am

Look , if we have the money , we'll pay like everybody else.
Laakiin everybody else doesn't have majeertens in their jails , just sayin :lol:

Oops sorry yes they do , from India to Korea , but they don't retaliate like we will
Last edited by SahanGalbeed on Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cinque Mtume
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Cinque Mtume » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:23 am

That means SL won't be able to pay the salaries of its civil service the next 2 years.
:lol: :lol:

SahanGalbeed
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby SahanGalbeed » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:25 am

It is clearly visible that the pirates still enjoy popular support in Puntland , no matter the lip service given the world community by its president .
The accusations made by the Somaliland ministry of i dunno what , are not that far fetched

mody21
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby mody21 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:27 am

It is clearly visible that the pirates still enjoy popular support in Puntland , no matter the lip service given the world community by its president .
The accusations made by the Somaliland ministry of i dunno what , are not that far fetched
Mr idunno what, has the same relevance to PL as you have given him :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SahanGalbeed
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby SahanGalbeed » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:28 am

Are you a woman by any chance ? You seem to be a little obssesed with everything I say , it is not that important you know .

mody21
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby mody21 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:31 am

Are you a woman by any chance ? You seem to be a little obssesed with everything I say , it is not that important you know .
saxiib check which section your in and tell me who is obsessed with who ..

SahanGalbeed
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby SahanGalbeed » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:32 am

Section-ka ma hooyada ba ku kiraysay , inaga hadh haddaba naaye , yaanan ku caayin e !

mody21
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby mody21 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:36 am

Section-ka ma hooyada ba ku kiraysay , inaga hadh haddaba naaye , yaanan ku caayin e !
all I hear is the ramblings of an obsessed man, take you nonsense else where

Cinque Mtume
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Cinque Mtume » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:45 am

Somali pirates release Panama-flagged ship amid ransom reports

HARGEISA | Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:38am EDT
(Reuters) - Somali pirates have released a Panama-flagged vessel they seized two months ago allowing it to continue on its way to the breakaway enclave of Somaliland, the ship's agent and a government official said on Thursday.

Pirates hijacked the MV Leila in February near Oman, seizing the ship with its cargo of goods and cars, and then sailing it to the semi-autonomous region of Puntland in Somalia.

The vessel was en route to Somaliland at the time and the pirates said they would impound it until fellow pirates being held in the enclave's jails were released.

On Thursday, Mohamed Osman, the head of Somaliland's anti-piracy task force, told Reuters the ship had been released.

"I have spoken to Omar Apocar, Deputy Manager of the Port of Berbera, who has confirmed to me that the ship has been released in Bosasso and will most probably anchor in Berbera tonight," he said, referring to Somaliland's port city.

Ahmed Farah Mohamed, the ship's Somali agent in Berbera, told Reuters the release took place when a ransom was paid after talks among local elders, businessmen and shipping agents.

"It took almost a month of negotiations by a committee of seven people ... and a down payment of $250,000 ransom, for the pirates to release the ship. The ship is expected to arrive at Berbera port in the next few days," he said.

The payment of a ransom could not immediately be verified - Osman said the authorities in Somaliland had a policy of not paying ransoms. :lol: :lol: this is like a broke nigga saying he has a policy of not paying for shit

"I have no official information on money changing hands. The official view of Somaliland is that no ransom should be paid," he said.

Somali pirate gangs typically seize ships in the Indian Ocean and the Gulf of Aden, holding their cargo and crews until they receive a ransom.

In February, Somaliland's parliament adopted legislation that classified piracy as a crime, allowing pirates convicted abroad to be transferred to the enclave.

Somaliland, which declared its independence from Somalia in 1991 but is still not recognized internationally, said the laws were proof of the territory's commitment to fight maritime attacks off Somalia's shores.

Puntland - the area where the MV Leila was held - is notorious for piracy and has frosty relations with Somaliland.

(Reporting by Mark Anderson and Husein Ali Noor; Writing by George Obulutsa; Editing by Yare Bayoumy and Andrew Osborn)

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.