Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A. Yusuf tells Somali Bantus "Somali ma tihiin, Zanzabari

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Shirib
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: A. Yusuf tells Somali Bantus "Somali ma tihiin, Zanzabari

Postby Shirib » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:33 am

[quote="FAH1223"][quote="Shirib"][quote="FAH1223"][quote="Shirib"]
We don't marry them because they used to be slaves. We marry Arabs, Oromo's etc, but mostly not jareer because they were slaves. Its a history I am not proud of, at all.[/quote]

thanks for stating the obvious, seachicken!

and yeah im not proud of it either, along with midgaans[/quote]

Your welcome CheeseHead! Whens the game, Saturday or Sunday

Touchdown SeaHawks[/quote]

saturday, 4:30 on FOX[/quote]

So on about 8:00 on Saturday we will witness the end of the Cheese Heads Playoff run!

snowflakes821
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby snowflakes821 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:36 am

[quote="Xamud."]Okey heres the bomb!

Girls-would any of you guys marry a Maadhiban(Btw if you do care about them you could start by calling them Maadhiban) or Bantu somali?

Boys would any of you let your daugther or sister marry a Madhibaan or Bantu?[/quote]

I would marry a Maadhiban. I would never marry a Bantu. Madhibaanl are ethnic Somalis who have been marginalized based on lies. We need to start taking care of our own people before we discuss Bantus.

Xamud.

Postby Xamud. » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:39 am

[quote="snowflakes821"][quote="Xamud."]Okey heres the bomb!

Girls-would any of you guys marry a Maadhiban(Btw if you do care about them you could start by calling them Maadhiban) or Bantu somali?

Boys would any of you let your daugther or sister marry a Madhibaan or Bantu?[/quote]

I would marry a Maadhiban. I would never marry a Bantu. Madhibaanl are ethnic Somalis who have been marginalized based on lies. We need to start taking care of our own people before we discuss Bantus.[/quote]

Atleast you are being honest?

The_Emperior5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Suldaanka Guud beelaha reer Sheikh isxaaq Bani Axmed Bani Hashiim. In the republic of Soliziland

Postby The_Emperior5 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:21 am

[quote="snowflakes821"][quote="Xamud."]Okey heres the bomb!

I would marry a Maadhiban. I would never marry a Bantu. Madhibaanl are ethnic Somalis who have been marginalized based on lies. We need to start taking care of our own people before we discuss Bantus.[/quote]

mabdibaan madhigaan and all these other digils and stuff arent the the same as the bantus

TZ Somali
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby TZ Somali » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:22 am

FOCK ALL QABILS AND FOCK SOMALIS TOOO WHO GIVES A SHIT IF SOMEONE CLAIMS TO BE ARAB OR ELSE...ADOON KULAHA WHO DO THINK WE ARE? ARE WE RELATED TO THE PROPHET MOHAMED P.B.U.H? SOME EVEN CLAIM THAT ARE THE SON OF GOD. GET OVER IT STUPID SOMALIS THAT WHY WE HAVE WAR.

BYE AND PEACE

Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Murax » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:39 am

Bantu are their own completely different ethnic group. For those of you from the North that do not know them, they are as different from Somalis ethnicly as caucasian and blacks in America are from each other. They were brought here as slaves from South Eastern Africa. We're a Cushitic with a maybe some sort of a Arab mixture and there a Negroid ethnic group. However in trying to be reasonable, if Issaqs came from Iraq, Daaroods came from Yemen and the Bantus came from South Eastern Africa, and D&M came from Eithiopia than we're all migrants to the land, and each of us has the right to claim Somali as a nationality than the other. However in my opinion thats NOT the case. I think most Somalis share common anscestory, but we just don't know who it is as theres no written documention on the matter only folklore. You can't tell me you can tell a Issaq from a Raxanwein or a Dir from a Daarood. Infact, this was a great topic, as it really stimulated thought. What IS a Somali? Allah knows best.

The_Emperior5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Suldaanka Guud beelaha reer Sheikh isxaaq Bani Axmed Bani Hashiim. In the republic of Soliziland

Postby The_Emperior5 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:43 am

murax so ur telling me i am related ta a jabarti war ii ga daa warkaas igu ma socde eeh

Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Murax » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:48 am

Emperior,

Okay then. Sheekada haday saas tahay, we're both immigrants to Somalia, and I'm Yemeni and your Iraqi with Amharic Reer Abti, and we have no relations.

Marka if thats the case how are Bantus not Somali, if I'm from Arabia and you're from Iraq? lol...

The_Emperior5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby The_Emperior5 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:59 am

But the thing is i believe bantu are somalis i think they are even more somali then me

half Iraqi half habashi must ka gudhu ah aya ba iga somaliisan this holl somali thing is a myth saaxib

digil is somali
jabarti is somali
irir samaale is somali
isxaaq bani axmed is somali
ciise is somali
samaroon dhakko laxoox is somali
barwaani portuqees is somali
ilma khutub eeh sheikhaal are somali
banjuunta sanka waweyayd are somali
bantu are somalis

like what the fock a language has united these people

Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Murax » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:11 am

[quote="The_Emperior5"]ilma khutub eeh sheikhaal are somali
[/quote]

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Waan ku fahmay sxb.

Xaaji_Xundjuf
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Xaaji_Xundjuf » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:16 pm

war somalidu wa language maha dad dhalasho meel ka soo jeedda

aniga iga dhadhicn meysiid ghudhu iyo niman Ahlu bait ba waalalo aah

DR-YALAXOOW
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby DR-YALAXOOW » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:38 pm

darood binu ARABIA hadduu soomali noqdey,isagoo carabaha qaxootinimo ku yimid maxaa u diidaya dad islaam soomali ah afrikaan waa soomali bantuu inay soomali ahaadaan??

jawaabtu waa waxba.

somali bantu ama jareer weyne waa dad soomaliya deganaa boqolaal sano waana soomali xalaal ah 100%

darood oo AASIA ka yimid carab ku abtirsada yaa SOOMALI ka dhigey?

anigu waxaan qabaa DAROOOD soomali maaha waa YEMENI.

isaaqa xitaa carab ayuu ku abtirsadaa.

soomaalinimadana maaha SANKEEYGA ayaa dheer iyo timaheeyga ayaa jilicsan.

OROMADA IYO AXMAARADA canfarta timahooda waa jiclsan yihiin sankoodana waa dheer yahay, soomaalina maaha.

marka SOOMALI BANTU iyo dir hawiye raxanweeyn= soomali 100%

daarooood soomali etnic maaha laakiin waa SOOMAALI CITIZEN dhalashii ayaa la siiyey,baasaboorka waan siiney laakiin ETNICLY DAROOD SOOMAALI MAAHA WAA JABARTI YEMEN aasiya ka yimid .

Enlightened~Sista
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Enlightened~Sista » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:50 pm

[quote="Advocatar"]They have every right to be called somali if some dudes name darood and issaq from arabia can be considered somali![/quote]

looool@arabia..you got a thing against those people?

Bantus are fellow somalis lets unite!!

RIIGHAYE
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: When I recognize the special significance it has for African Americans and the special pride" McCain

Postby RIIGHAYE » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:59 am

Even Iidoors and Hawiye are Bantus.

RIIGHAYE
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: When I recognize the special significance it has for African Americans and the special pride" McCain

Postby RIIGHAYE » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:02 am

King Durr (Dir tribe)--from whom the above tribes descended from. Both Hawiye and Iidoor.

In pages 228-38, the author summarizes GRAVES' Reconnaisance of Cape Guardafui.

"He Felt that all men of colour are alike, whether they come from Somaliland or Augusta, Georgia. His object in writing the appendix was probably to prove to his New England chief that the latter took the negro races too seriously and attributed to them sins which were no theirs. But, be all this as it may, the Annapolis man pointed out to the West Pointer that the Somalis are divided into four great tribes. The names they bear are : the Mijjertains, the Oursangallis, (Warsangeli), the Ishacks and the Isaacs. The Mijjertains are the most numerous and the most savage.....................The Mijjertain Somalis claim descent from a ferocious and fanatical Arab named Darot, who was expelled from his own country aboud A.D 700. He married Dubara, daughter of Dogolla and sister of King Durr. She was a pure-blooded negress. The great grandson of this union was Harti, who became chief of the tribe. He had a son named Mijjertain, who gave his name to the race. Harti also had a nephew called Oursangalli, who did not get along with Mijjertain, broke away from the parent stock and became the head of the Oursangallis. The other tribal names were acquired more or less the same."

These are the tribes he only mentions in the book. The reconnaissance transpired after a secret treaty between England and the Khedive in 1877 assigning the Khedive several territories including all of the Horn. They attempted to bring Cape Gardafui under the Egyptian rule, but due to financial problems coupled with the Mahdist revolt, the plan was aborted.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.