Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A. Yusuf tells Somali Bantus "Somali ma tihiin, Zanzabari

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
RIIGHAYE
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: When I recognize the special significance it has for African Americans and the special pride" McCain

Re: A. Yusuf tells Somali Bantus "Somali ma tihiin, Zanzabari

Postby RIIGHAYE » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:04 am

From the book

"Americans in the Egyptian Army" by Pierre Crabites

Jareerboi

Postby Jareerboi » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:36 am

first of all whats somali? if darood jeberti was runaway slave from yemen how can hes children claim somali?
the same goes for isaaq,ahraf,sheikhaal and other minorities who came from the deserts of arabia!

Advo
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Advo » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:05 am

[quote="Enlightened~Sista"][quote="Advocatar"]They have every right to be called somali if some dudes name darood and issaq from arabia can be considered somali![/quote]

looool@arabia..you got a thing against those people?

Bantus are fellow somalis lets unite!![/quote]

lol, naah I am Darood too but I was just sheding a light on the irony.

Bantus are our fellow somalis.

WasteMan
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby WasteMan » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:01 am

didnt the midget say he was a yemeni from the jeberti tribe when he visited the president of yemen?

i think we all agree that only hawiye can call them selfs somali

Hussein53
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Hussein53 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:14 am

You lot are jokers......
If you think somali have the same culture, your wrong.......
There is similarities between ISSAQ, DHULBAHANTA and some WARSENGELI, and some OGADEN.

But there is no similarities with MJ, HG and some warsengelis and the southern ogaden.

And I'm serious there is a big culture difference between us them reer WAQOOYI BARI people let alone other somalis from the south.

So I reckon somali is just a language and anyone who can speak it is a somali so therefore the BANTU are somali and no one can deny them from it. This is just a way the darood can deprave them of there fertile and productive lands.

ANd the jareerboi is right if us ISSAQ migrated from the arabia is considered somali then why are the BANTU not consider somali, thats just racism in its purest from.

P.S
I doubt darood has arab origins like my father said there just an oromo tribe which transformed into somali after many years. ie just like hawiya.

I personally believe the darood are just a federation of tribes and actually dont have no blood relation to eachother. That why some darood tribes deny there daroodness i.e CAWAMLE
You never find this among the ISSAQ.

And I am not suggesting this with any pride what so ever.

Hussein53
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Hussein53 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:32 am

I just like to say that there is some documented proof about somali origin, and this cushtic garbage is written by some westerners, and never existed.

And this garbage about IRIR and DAROOD is created as well and has no documented proof, and was created by the somali leaders in the mid 60's to gain votes to win a majority in the elections.

And the garbage about SOMAAL and SAM which divides up the nomadic tribes from the agriculturalist tribes is rubbish too and was created by AF WEYN to suggested that all somalis come from one tribe and there is no need to divide us. Because at that time AF WEYNE was trying to destroy tribal affiliations.

I'm not sure about the south but the north is well document by arabs and the othmani caliphate and some somali, but was partially destroyed by the Portuguese in 16th century.

And ISSAQ origin is well known and well documented.

PS
The last thing I want to say is all of us somalis are immigrants and this land we live in now was originally the abbysinia (dar al habash), and the bantu are the last immigrants to come.
And thats it.
By the way it is ignorant to suggest that if you look like other somalis then you must have the same origins, this assumption is very naive. Looks can be very misleading.

fagash_killer
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: And You Can Run For ya Back-up But Them Machine Gun Shells Gone Tear Ya back Up

Postby fagash_killer » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:59 am

in that case cyusuf is not somali eather he is a somali yemeni he should run for presidential elections for yemeni and get rid of somalia lolz.

Phd in naago kudis
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Phd in naago kudis » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:01 pm

[quote="Jareerboi"]first of all whats somali? if darood jeberti was runaway slave from yemen how can hes children claim somali?
the same goes for isaaq,ahraf,sheikhaal and other minorities who came from the deserts of arabia![/quote]

take your bantu azz back to congo and malewi

TZ Somali
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby TZ Somali » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:04 am

Typical Somali bigotry. I thought we were Arabs atleast we claim to be only to be slaved by the Arabs who considers us not Arabs but cabidh. In fact if I was mushunguli Iwon't wish to be called somali, after all what have they made of the country and people? Aren't we Somali supposed to be according to typical warya myth of being of superior race than the rest of africans? Stop the bulshit and lightened up people is 2008 not 1821..fockin loosers

BruceLee

Postby BruceLee » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:31 am

loooooool I thought Bantu was darood

kenyan4life
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby kenyan4life » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:34 am

The Bantu's are Somali by nationality. ie they have Somali birth cert, Id's and Passports. they are citizens of Somalia. However they are not Somali by ethnicity.

The same way Kenyan Somalis are Kenyans by Nationality.
Last edited by kenyan4life on Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

kenyan4life
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby kenyan4life » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:37 am

Bantus simply refer to themselves as Bantu. While some speak the Somali language, most still speak their ancestral Bantu languages (e.g. Zigua) or a Bantu version of the southern Somali dialect of Af-Maay.[3] The majority of Bantus have converted to Islam but many still practice their ancestral animist traditions.

Unlike the Somalis, most of whom are nomadic herders, the Bantu are mainly sedentary farmers. Sharp physical differences also distinguish the Bantus from Somalis. The former have darker skin and are shorter and more muscular with broader features and kinkier hair than the Somalis.[6]

During the Somali Civil War, many Bantu were evicted from their lands by various armed factions of Somali clans. Being visible minorities and possessing little in the way of firearms, the Bantu were particularly vulnerable to violence and looting by gun-toting militiamen.

kenyan4life
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby kenyan4life » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:40 am

Im pretty sure the bantus would leave somalia is they had a choice.

"The Tanzanian government has also begun granting Bantus citizenship and land in areas of Tanzania where their ancestors are known to have been removed from.[7]"
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somali_Bantu

American-Suufi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby American-Suufi » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:02 am

Truth is all three mainstream Somali tribes see Bantu Somalis inferior to them and therefore mistreated and still mistreat them in Somalia. Funny is Tarods and Isaqs want to have both ways. On one hand, "we descended from Arabia and Persia, on the other, ethnicly we are Somalis, Bantus are not ethnic Somalis", they say.

American-Suufi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby American-Suufi » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:07 am

Finding ways to justify their hyprocritical racist notion of Somaliness stems from their nomadic background. It doesn't make logic. If Bantu Somalis are slave descendents of Zamzibari Sultanate and you are an Arab Persian descendant, were did the Somali ethnicity came from? Delivered to lamagodleys by Santa Nomad?

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.