Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

sheekh shariif Vs sh. Dahir Awees

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

who do you support

Total votes: 0

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
ModerateMuslim
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: sheekh shariif Vs sh. Dahir Awees

Postby ModerateMuslim » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:39 pm

my support's for whoever's fighting the stinking ethiopians! and to that point, right now, it's neither. however, sh. sharif, to me, comes off as a politician, i.e. he seem to be a man of no principles and therefore bribable.

i'll take the "wait-and-see" approach to hassan dahir aweys.

Haddad
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Haddad » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:45 pm

I support Sheikh Mukhtar Robow (Abu Mansur).

abgaalKING
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby abgaalKING » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:15 am

alluring sxb i apologize walaahi waan iska kaftamayay i dont hate any somali qabiil and some of my best friends are mjs.

Somali_4Life
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Somali_4Life » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:04 pm

My support goes to the person who is honest to his words.
Sharif said UIC will not talk to puppetregime until kuffars leave somalia. Did he not commit treachery to UIC and his own words?

Whoever thinks they will leave after 2 months needs some serious help. History reveals that invading armies leave countries they occupied by force,and not talking.

Haddad
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Haddad » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:17 pm

Somali_4Life wrote:Whoever thinks they will leave after 2 months needs some serious help. History reveals that invading armies leave countries they occupied by force,and not talking.
True. In history, it has never been documented an invading/occupying army that left the country it invaded/occupied peacefully.

Grant
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Grant » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:30 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The US and Germany, Japan and the Philippines. Italy and Somalia. Britain and Somaliland.
Russia and the Soviet Republics. Iraq.......?

Times and conditions change. Revolt and military power are not the only arbiters of national control.

Haddad
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Haddad » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:42 pm

Grant wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The US and Germany, Japan and the Philippines. Italy and Somalia. Britain and Somaliland.
Russia and the Soviet Republics. Iraq.......?

Times and conditions change. Revolt and military power are not the only arbiters of national control.
Germany and Japan are still occupied, since there are tens thousands of US occupying forces and a number of military bases. The Philippines is also a US colony, since there are US military bases. With regard to Somalia and Somaliland, each is indirectly ruled by its former colonial masters, since neither can rule with Shariica without its former colonial masters intervening through invasion, occupation, covert/overt operations, coup d'etat, etc. Iraq is still under occupation.

Grant
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Grant » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:33 pm

Where do Russia, NATO and the Cold War fit into your scheme of things, Haddad ? :P

Are you even aware the Barre regime was a Soviet client state, financed largely by foreign donations and unrepaid IMF loans?

As you lament your inability to impose Sharica, note that it has never been successfully codified. Versions in Saudi Arabia, Iran, Pakistan, Jordan and Afghanistan are all different because of cultural additions to Islam.

When the Wahaabbis in the ICU got control of Baraawe one of the first things they did was remove the tomb of Shaikh Aweys al Baraawe from the mosque and plant him in Biyoole. It was his writings that held off the Christian missionaries and retained most of East Africa for Islam. Surely moving him was a violation of the tenets of his tariqa and a serious ogeysii over the area of Baraawe. This is something the colonial powers never so much as considered doing.

Count your allies in the Muslim world. Now count the countries in the West who have provided asylum to muslims because of civil war or oppression. And consider your ability to worship as you will in each.

Methinks you deserve much razzing..... :P :P :P

Wise-Man
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Wise-Man » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:21 pm

I support both Sheikhs and none of them will never and ever disappoint me, insha allah. They might have different opinions about solving Somali problems but neither of them will ever want to destroy our nation.

BABYGIRL123
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby BABYGIRL123 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:28 pm

Its clear shiikh aweys doesnt want peace and sheikh sharif is trying to save the somali people.

American-Suufi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby American-Suufi » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:34 pm

Sheekh Shariif an honest Muslim. :up:

Dahir Awees and al-shabab :down:

IslamState

Postby IslamState » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:59 am

No seems to be answering the Question. But I will. I Support the only true Sheikh in this discussion and his name is Sheikh Hassan Dahir Aweys.

The Shariff was a somali patriot before he made the grave mistake of signing the Djibouti agreement which justified the killings of innocent somali's by the occupying Ethiopians and their TFG Women.
He became another out-smarted somali.

Sheikh Aweys for President Of Somalia :somalia:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.