Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

somali Rival tribes

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
hargaysaay
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Best part about getting high having sex with you is geting high having sex with you part.

Re: somali Rival tribes

Postby hargaysaay » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:02 pm

i like when iam high on qat :D
Which one Meru mise Harari? :mrgreen:
the one that takes me to the highest hight

gurey25
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gurey25 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:24 pm

emperior two periods the Idoor became rich is when the brits came and during the time of MSB when he gave Berbera port a special status apart from that Idoor were insignificant maybe one or two but mostly Idoor were poor and not influential.

What Gabiyow said he said it but do you see me supporting his stance?
For your info Hargeisa and Bruco were all historical lands that Ogaden used to leave prior expanding east words.

Anigu I dont support what folks did in hargeisa in the late 80's cos it was suppsoed to be a govt but anyway you guys also had to be blamed you became so weathy from MSB govt that you started looking down upon it.

I mean was it fair for all the livestock in somalia to be shipped only from BerBera and the middle men becoming Idoor?

even before the British before 1884 we used to run berbera to seylac our ship used to go as far as India and beyond the arabian peninsula and the fight between us you was before ,,, The White man arrived in our land.

as the great iidoor poet stated before

Intii aan Talyaanigu cammirin, cidhifyadaa kaynta
Miyaannaan cadceed iyo cadceed, cadaabin Daaroodka

anago cadan iyo fadhidina carigi carbeede eh
oo dhar casti iyo so raray oo cabasho na dabo joogto

I dont know was it fair that berbera was the country's port why not Somalia allready was centralized the sibidh factory in berbera and the port was the only thing that was ever built in Somaliland and even that was done with aid money from Abroad. but i am just saying

as for adan gabyow i was just saying the darod government wanted just to score some old points the mod alliance.and sure there were people who were against that.
Dude you guys never controlled Zeylac and Berbera was more of a fotress to you guys than a port.

Lets be honest apart from few successful Isaaq which were a handful and cannot be a fair representation of all the Isaaqs, you guys were living hand to mouth.

I still stand by the fact that Isaaq became wealthy during and after the British colonilism and also during the Time of MSB when all livestock imports were handled in Berbera thus with the flourishing of this trade in Middle East alot of Isaq became wealthy and Berbera was like the Silicon Valley.

So you are saying that Isaaq got rich coz of Mohamed siad barre??
:lol: :lol:
give some of what you are chewing bro coz thats sounds like the shit...

What were we doing in the 60's and 50's??

We were always controlling the livestock trade to the arabian peninsula, especially duriing the hajj season, and weve had isaaq living in India, Yemen, and Saudia throughout our history..
Trade was our lifeblood, infact we were not even camelfokkers like the other somali clans till the 1600's when the Portugese destroyed the indian ocean trade and we were forced to adapt and start camel rearing and moved away from the coast.

If you are like a massai or a dinka and consider the only real wealth in the world to be your livestock, then you are right you are richer than isaaq, far richer.

But you must know that other people consider trade goods, and gold coins to be wealth.., and we bought your camels and goats and sold it to the Saudis for a profit..

The real boom started with the Saudi oil boom, the arabs could afford more goats than before because of the petrodollars and thats when isaaq made their wealth ,
The 50's..

Its funny that you mentioned Siad barre, it was his interferance with our trade that was one of the main causes of the SNM struggle.
We could live with second class citizen status in a MOD darod Kingdom called somalia, but when you messed with our money that was crossing the line..

Hussein53
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Hussein53 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:41 am

Actually the whole reason why the Darood nicknamed us as IDOOR is because of the trade and the Issaq always controlled all trade routes in North Somali, our forefathers used to trade in slaves, gold, ivory and livestock way before the british came.

Also if you look at all the somali's without exception that have Saudi citizenship are Issaq furthermore Sacad Musa and that was due to our strong trade links. In-fact Af Weyna restricted our trade by introducing trade licences at berbera that was only given to Darood men.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.