Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Barre, a family men visiting his wife in kismayo

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Faranacab
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Barre, a family men visiting his wife in kismayo

Postby Faranacab » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:22 pm

There a couple of hills near Gabiley with that name Juffo Urey and anotherof wich I forget the name of
Jufo mici dheer is the other one? This one is in northeastern of Ogadenia, on the road between Aw-barre and Wajalle. It is a tall mountain with a peak on top of it. Its peak looks like canine teeth, hence the name.

Jufo also means more than 2 Jilibs.

As for the topic, Tallo is right. Gedoweb had it yesterday. But they must have edited.

SultanOrder

Postby SultanOrder » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:39 pm

Thug, is that mountain or hill part of a range? If so, it would make sense since. Also jili is a sub group of a jufo.

Faranacab
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Faranacab » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:10 pm

PO, to me the literal meaning of Jilib means the knee, and Jufo means more than two knees. For example, when a mother tells her daughter "naa lugaha is ku juf", she meant to say bring the two knees together.

There you go with the origins of the two words. :P

sadeboi
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby sadeboi » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:20 pm

That was posted on gedoweb..I read it and was so annoyed then they edited it. Juffo means bigger sub clan..jilib is the closer sub-sub-sub clan

Thuganomics
Location: Arguments gain nothing but resentment, Disscussion however creates learning

Postby Thuganomics » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:59 pm

PO, to me the literal meaning of Jilib means the knee, and Jufo means more than two knees. For example, when a mother tells her daughter "naa lugaha is ku juf", she meant to say bring the two knees together.

:lol: :lol:

There you go with the origins of the two words. :P
Farancab that's the one Juffu Micidheer :up: :D
Annaku waxaanu nidhaa "Naa dhi-dhibso"
PO: Not sure 100% if it's a part of a range but I think you might be right

Faranacab
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Faranacab » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:08 pm

:lol: :lol: @"Naa dhi-dhibso"

Thug, I'm familiar with that one as well. Somali is indeed quite rich language. There are lot of ways to get your message. So lets not restrict it to certain villages. :lol:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.