Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Somalia/Somaliland talks to resume in Turkey next week

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Titanium
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Somalia/Somaliland talks to resume in Turkey next week

Postby Titanium » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:06 pm

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Somalia/Somaliland talks to resume in Turkey next week

Postby Khalid Ali » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:09 pm

Titanium are we going to have talks about talks again or do you think we can discuss the fundamental issues facing both countries :lol:

Titanium
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Titanium » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:14 pm

I think there will be another 7 point plan dealing with co-operation :lol:

How come this Ambassador was the one to break this news? Why didn't the Somalia gov't or S/Land gov't inform the media about this? Do they see it as useless meetings?

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:21 pm

The airspace stuff will be discussed and i am sure they will agree on that part

But the rest will be i think much about talks about talks

We agreed to continue the talks
We agreed that we talked in Turkey
We agreed that the Turkish leaders were present

We are not restoring relations like this nor any kind of union

The best way for them is to agree on the airspace
But to call for international mediation instead of having facilitators
Because hassan will not agree to Somaliland quest for statehood
Ahmed Siilaanyo will not agree with a union with Somalia

especially when hassan now is fighting Kenyan proxies and is in a diplomatic quarrel with neighboring countries

The best way is for international mediators to come and they work something out a compromise perhaps

Or we can let the talks fail and just move on that is option 2 But the IC does not want these talks 2 fail they haven't given a time table

hargaysaay
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Best part about getting high having sex with you is geting high having sex with you part.

Postby hargaysaay » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:25 pm

lets hope wisdom and level-headed approach carries the day.

ElfRuler
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby ElfRuler » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:25 pm

Turkey should not waste any time or resources on Somalia-Somaliland talks.

It's much worse than trying to have two down-syndrome kids to communicate with each other.

Titanium
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Titanium » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:30 pm

especially when hassan now is fighting Kenyan proxies and is in a diplomatic quarrel with neighboring countries

The best way is for international mediators to come and they work something out a compromise perhaps

Or we can let the talks fail and just move on that is option 2 But the IC does not want these talks 2 fail they haven't given a time table
Ah yes, how could I have forgotten the airspace issue. This will be the first battle between Somalia vs. Somaliland.

I think they will agree on Muqdisho controlling airspace but a certain portion of the revenue will go to Somaliland.

I think the score will be Somalia 1, Somaliland 0 at the end of next week's talks.

Do you think another scenario will occur with the airspace issue?

MrPrestige
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Ceelafweyn-Bancade ' Qardhaasa cadde Yoonisoo, qoodhiyaan ahaye ~~

Postby MrPrestige » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:37 pm

Somalia is a dead rotten corpse especially south Somalia, the sooner Somaliland cuts them off completely the better.

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:41 pm

Ah yes, how could I have forgotten the airspace issue. This will be the first battle between Somalia vs. Somaliland.

I think they will agree on Muqdisho controlling airspace but a certain portion of the revenue will go to Somaliland.

I think the score will be Somalia 1, Somaliland 0 at the end of next week's talks.

Do you think another scenario will occur with the airspace issue?

The airspace is one that needs to be discussed not sure what side it will go but i am sure they will reach an agreement on that , furthermore there is nothing else to discuss =. Unless hassan supports an official exit way out for Somaliland. But i doubt that is the case. This will take a long process they might agree on some other minor issues. But they cannot restore relations. I dont think another scenario will occur waryaa do u know who is leading the talks on Somalia , we have a new foreign minister who will be the chief negotiator for us. I hope tho after this stage , the talks some how need to fail in order for the IC to come in between and really create a framework and come and mediate between the 2.

saacJabshee
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby saacJabshee » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:43 pm

Do you think Turkey and Armenia would negotiate and settle their differences in Somalia or Somaliland? this is soo wrong on so many levels. yacni where is our pride? if we cant shake hands in mogadhisho or hargeisa i say keep the hostilities going. why is it that a foreigner has to remind us that we are brothers. i hope nothing comes out of these 'talks' and hostilities increase.

MrPrestige
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Ceelafweyn-Bancade ' Qardhaasa cadde Yoonisoo, qoodhiyaan ahaye ~~

Postby MrPrestige » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:48 pm

Reer Koonfureedkan ohiin badana, war wa la idiin furay ee naga amuusa, waraaqihiina qata.

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:53 pm

Do you think Turkey and Armenia would negotiate and settle their differences in Somalia or Somaliland? this is soo wrong on so many levels. yacni where is our pride? if we cant shake hands in mogadhisho or hargeisa i say keep the hostilities going. why is it that a foreigner has to remind us that we are brothers. i hope nothing comes out of these 'talks' and hostilities increase.

Spare me the crocodile tears hargeisa is not neutral ground Mogadishu not neutral ground, we have major problems we have deadly past there are many things that needs to be solved i am glad we are in Turkey any country that is neutral ground i am for it i am sure those in Somali are for it. Foreigners know our dispute by they way were foreigners to each other 2 , we just speak the same language which makes us understand each other better. But we have different political realities nationalities cultures traditions. And we have clearly different aspirations.. Talks will most likely some how in the end fail maybe not the talks next week but the talks that follows will eventually fail inshallah. hostilities is always good. on Somaliland side when koonfurians say Somaliland we will never accept it , Somalilanders sharpen their knives and become more radical its kinda good because it keeps them vigilant. For Koonfurians its good to , they keep the hope alive , their hope is mostly based on Somaliland , that it one day returns so the hostilities is a win win if u ask me lol. Imagine if walanweyns accepted Somaliland and said fair enough yeah u came in 1960 do what u like. We support you the likes of faisal ali waraabe , could no longer spew hate against walanweyns. And SL politicians would be forced to deliver real progress in Somaliland instead of talking shit about ictraaf walanweyns and other politics.

hydrogen
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby hydrogen » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:57 pm

Lol at these mad isaaq trash... im glad real Isaaq aren't as weird as you on snet otherwise there would be problems

SultanOrder

Postby SultanOrder » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:59 pm

Absolutely no discussions or agreements about airspace should be considered. We are talking about how the two governments can come together, not on air/land/sea demarcation. Frankly the SFG's recognizes that there is an entity within the Somali republic, they also recognize that they must talk and cooperate with this entity to form some kind cohesive state, but they do not recognize their claim to sovereignty. Any talks of demarcation must first be preceded by recognizing sovereignty, and simply we are not there yet.

saacJabshee
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby saacJabshee » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:05 pm

Spare me the crocodile tears hargeisa is not neutral ground Mogadishu not neutral ground, we have major problems we have deadly past there are many things that needs to be solved i am glad we are in Turkey any country that is neutral ground i am for it i am sure those in Somali are for it. Foreigners know our dispute by they way were foreigners to each other 2 , we just speak the same language which makes us understand each other better. But we have different political realities nationalities cultures traditions. And we have clearly different aspirations.. Talks will most likely some how in the end fail maybe not the talks next week but the talks that follows will eventually fail inshallah. hostilities is always good. on Somaliland side when koonfurians say Somaliland we will never accept it , Somalilanders sharpen their knives and become more radical its kinda good because it keeps them vigilant. For Koonfurians its good to , they keep the hope alive , their hope is mostly based on Somaliland , that it one day returns so the hostilities is a win win if u ask me lol. Imagine if walanweyns accepted Somaliland and said fair enough yeah u came in 1960 do what u like. We support you the likes of faisal ali waraabe , could no longer spew hate against walanweyns. And SL politicians would be forced to deliver real progress in Somaliland instead of talking shit about ictraaf walanweyns and other politics.
i have a feeling silanyo's regime is enjoying this more than culusows regime. these ictiraf raadis love taking pictures next to foreign officials. they stand so straight and look so sharp. time wasters. anyways you get my point. if we cant shake hands in somalia/land i don't we will do it infront of erdogan. i think we need to put this s/land project to rest. let them do as they please. dont think they'll go far. even if they did get recognition, then what ? they would still need UN AID. wallahi i dont believe people in Sland want to seperate but they ones that want separation are a strong, rich and influential minority.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.