Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Somalia/Somaliland talks to resume in Turkey next week

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
hargaysaay
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Best part about getting high having sex with you is geting high having sex with you part.

Re: Somalia/Somaliland talks to resume in Turkey next week

Postby hargaysaay » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:11 pm

Lol at these mad isaaq trash... im glad real Isaaq aren't as weird as you on snet otherwise there would be problems
iam the real isaaq, the rest are just introverted hooligans :stylin:

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:12 pm

We already shaked hands infront of erdogan before

By the way there are no rich elites who support independence. Most of the leaders of SL were unionist but the people are ardent supporters of their freedom and independence

We staying alone alone standing ovation

sahal80
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby sahal80 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:16 pm

Cooperation will go ahead

The airspace issue is very important to the world so from mogadisho side they are likely to be ok forming a joint management as FGS and somaliland that means being two separate entities but within the old system/ex somalia.
Last edited by sahal80 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:23 pm

Sahal you are right that is the most important thing that will be discussed along the way maybe they will discuss defacto status boundaries. And maybe also discuss that the 2 sides can equally modernize their security forces. in terms of getting Military hardware equipment. Because in the previous talks they agreed that training for both sides should be considered. Other than that i think its to early and there is no mediation and both sides have little room to discuss anything tangible further than that They will possibly agree to continue the talks, unless one sides persuades the other in hard discussion and create a win win situation but i think its still to early for that. Knowing that hassan has no room to forge better relations with Somaliland when his backyard is still not in order. Maybe he will ask SL to assist in help and he might help Somaliland in an official exit way out. But its to early to speculate on that. All in All the game is not over until the fat lady sings.

sahal80
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby sahal80 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:33 pm

Sahal you are right that is the most important thing that will be discussed along the way maybe they will discuss defacto status boundaries. And maybe also discuss that the 2 sides can equally modernize their security forces. in terms of getting Military hardware equipment. Because in the previous talks they agreed that training for both sides should be considered. Other than that i think its to early and there is no mediation and both sides have little room to discuss anything tangible further than that They will possibly agree to continue the talks, unless one sides persuades the other in hard discussion and create a win win situation but i think its still to early for that. Knowing that hassan has no room to forge better relations with Somaliland when his backyard is still not in order. Maybe he will ask SL to assist in help and he might help Somaliland in an official exit way out. But its to early to speculate on that. All in All the game is not over until the fat lady sings.
Yeah, before independence and unity the cooperation will keep going on according to the old system.

Unity and independence choices are a difficult choices, however, as a middle ground it can be resolved through trusteeship and referendum if they are willing such choice.

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:37 pm

Yeah, before independence and unity the cooperation will keep going on according to the old system.

Unity and independence choices are a difficult choices, however, as a middle ground it can be resolved through trusteeship and referendum if they are willing such choice.

The lose cooperation where independence is maintained and they share foreign affairs aid for a few years with an offical exit way out with Max 5 years. I think that is something reasonable and i think the Somaliland govt can sell that to the people as long as UN supervised referendum is agreed on But i think its to early some how they need to discuss this they can agree on this. It depends how its negotiated if the talks fail. Than that is most likely what is going to be agreed on the mediators i just dont see how Somalia and Somaliland other than cooperation can agree on anything else right now. Because they hold different kind of fundamental beliefs. Somaliland already considers its self an independent state and a sovereign state. Somalia believes its the elected goverment including Somaliland very difficult.

sahal80
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby sahal80 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:01 pm

The lose cooperation where independence is maintained and they share foreign affairs aid for a few years with an offical exit way out with Max 5 years. I think that is something reasonable and i think the Somaliland govt can sell that to the people as long as UN supervised referendum is agreed on But i think its to early some how they need to discuss this they can agree on this. It depends how its negotiated if the talks fail. Than that is most likely what is going to be agreed on the mediators i just dont see how Somalia and Somaliland other than cooperation can agree on anything else right now. Because they hold different kind of fundamental beliefs. Somaliland already considers its self an independent state and a sovereign state. Somalia believes its the elected goverment including Somaliland very difficult.
Hassan sheekh has said "he will go for a referendum in order to reach unity". But there is no such a proposal now.

There are countries who are pushing for the cooperation on security and stability as two separate entities in oder to invest in both sides. Its good for both of our peoples but to reach real solution depends on mogadisho and hargeysa. As you said mogadisho is not strong enough to decide so let us keep the cooperation and get your share in your name as long as hassan sheekh doesn't claim you.

grandpakhalif
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby grandpakhalif » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:02 pm

talks between hawiye iyo isaaq don't concern us.

Waqooyism

Postby Waqooyism » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:49 pm

Somaliland needs to close the door on the meaningless talks. Hassan NGO (Cullusow Airlines) is looking for photos for his Instagram page.

South should resolve their million issues before pretending that they have issue with Somaliland. They (Cullusow and associate) should first hold direct talks with Sheikh Farole, Sheikh Godane, Sheikh Madobe, Sheikh Dahir Aweys, Sheikh Ibrahim Maeed, Sheikh Robow and the other million Sheikhs.

SL wa doqon wana dameeri dhaan racdaay. Sida laanta baxaraasaafka iska licliicmanaysaa in whichever direction the wind blows.

Konfur need to hear the reality and SL should ask the IC to facilitate talks between those Sheikhs and Cullusow.

As far as I am concerned, Somalia has already violated the terms and conditions of Ankara Accord and for that reason don't deserve another chance.

If Silanyo is to ever take an advice, I call on him to pull out and give Cullusow the middle finger :)

We don't want to sit down with dameero with more Sheikhs than the Talibans.

Bilis
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Bilis » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:39 am

Absolutely no discussions or agreements about airspace should be considered. We are talking about how the two governments can come together, not on air/land/sea demarcation. Frankly the SFG's recognizes that there is an entity within the Somali republic, they also recognize that they must talk and cooperate with this entity to form some kind cohesive state, but they do not recognize their claim to sovereignty. Any talks of demarcation must first be preceded by recognizing sovereignty, and simply we are not there yet.
That's basically the situation.

gurey25
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gurey25 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:28 am

Absolutely no discussions or agreements about airspace should be considered. We are talking about how the two governments can come together, not on air/land/sea demarcation. Frankly the SFG's recognizes that there is an entity within the Somali republic, they also recognize that they must talk and cooperate with this entity to form some kind cohesive state, but they do not recognize their claim to sovereignty. Any talks of demarcation must first be preceded by recognizing sovereignty, and simply we are not there yet.
That's basically the situation.
This issue will be dealt with, its not moqadishu's choice, and it cannot run away from this.
We let this issue sleep when the airsapace was controlled from nairobi by the UN.
But the UN just handed over control to somalia without taking us into consideration and they have been given the boot.
UN officials now have to apply for a visa before stepping on Somaliland soil, and no UN chartered planes can land anymore.
They have to come on commercial flights.
It is in the UN's interest to resolve this, somaliland has been too nice, and siilanyo too soft on this issue.

The talks are not about how we can come together, its about agreeing to talk, and to cooperate about mutual interests.

This is what the talks next week will be about, and the next talks in london will fail, and this will then require mediation not facilitation.
This is when the real negotiations will start.

AhlulbaytSoldier
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AhlulbaytSoldier » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:02 am

Titanium, get your title correct nigga:

Somalia and Maamulka Khatland, Maamulka Waqooyi, Maamulka isaaqsiilland.
You are making appear as if sland is a country.

Maybe you are isaaq pretending to be hawiye. :shock:

I will withdraw my support for the Govt if they give in to these secessionists.

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:42 am

Hutuking whats with all the cay nin weyn iska dhig, its not regular qabil bashing thread

LeJusticier
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: base of sufism. Imam Le Justicier ...Xerta Dareenka

Postby LeJusticier » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:24 am

Turkey should not waste any time or resources on Somalia-Somaliland talks.

It's much worse than trying to have two down-syndrome kids to communicate with each other.

Co sign :lol: :lol:

AhlulbaytSoldier
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AhlulbaytSoldier » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:39 am

Guys dont you agree that these useless talks from a useless disunited nation should be postponed after Turkey deals with the protests? They dont have frikking time for maryocalasta bickering over clan disputes.
Let Turkey first deal with the terrorist protestors. We support Erdogan.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.