Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Somalia and Somaliland agree on 3 points after 72 hour talks

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Somalia and Somaliland agree on 3 points after 72 hour t

Postby Khalid Ali » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:52 pm

All three are useless points and why I have stated in the beeso topic. As usual Isaaq only focus on the $. Money from Egal airport, for God sack there are only three airliners that use it and the money Kuwait donated went into the pocket of Silanyo and Hirsi Gaab. If they can steal it, why should I care about a man in Hamar stealing it from here too?

Tuug wa tuug. Makes no difference. Waxan odhan laha intu Hirsi Gaab iyo nin foreign ahi with UN tag xaadi laha, ka Somaliga ahi ee Xamar jooga hayska xaado maybe he has better plans in Xamar. Lakin Idoor is not only selfish, greedy but they don't see that. They only see ninka kale.

Somaliland way fashiilmataay. The only thing left is someone to blow the Horn and disperse the crowds around the MIG tower.

Sorry but i disagree intu hawiye qaadan laha , Xirsi gaab and wasiirka aviation ha iska cuno

Stop being such a drama queen waryaa :lol:

SultanOrder

Postby SultanOrder » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:53 pm

Khalid we shall see. ..

Hawdian
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Hawdian » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:01 pm

Khalid,

I don't need to chase Hawiye just so Hirsi Gaab can cash it. If he wants to chase them let him chase it but it has nothing to do with Isaaq people. Wa laba tuug oo iseryanaya. This has nothing to do with artificial countries and imaginary sovereignty. Can't even get the basics right.

God bless.

Ramadan kareem to you all walaalayaal.

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:04 pm

You can take it later from Xirsi remember xirsi is still isaaq and one of us he might be a bit bossy and a bad administrator but i dont mind him stealing from Somaliland aslong as no foreigner steals from SL

Hawdian
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Hawdian » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:07 pm

Aniga tuugi wa ii tuug whether he wears Isaaq, Darod, or Hawiye shirt. No difference.

BlackRain
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby BlackRain » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:48 am

You can take it later from Xirsi remember xirsi is still isaaq and one of us he might be a bit bossy and a bad administrator but i dont mind him stealing from Somaliland aslong as no foreigner steals from SL
What a fucked up mentality

BigBreak
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby BigBreak » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:06 am

What a fucked up mentality
:lol: :lol: :lol:

sahal80
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby sahal80 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:51 am

Biases and emotions aside, I don't think the SFG is looking for any type of integration of SL into the union. They know this is impossible. In fact, I don't think they even wanted for Muqdisho to have any say in SL (not that they could anyway). It will basically be like any other country but what Muqdisho will try to do is make Hargeisa do their federal responsibilities for their people like making and distributing passports to the people (Somalia passports) and visit or meet foreign govts for them but in the name of Somalia. Muqdishom ay be the capital but it looks like the Somalia govt wants federal responsibilities to be done by both Muqdisho and Hargeisa. They may even try to have Hargeisa as the other capital equal to Mog. There won't be dividing the responsibilities but they'll both be doing it at the same time. Sort of like sharing a cake and both eating it with the same fork. The airspace revenue is the first step it seems. Why would the Somalia govt agree to headquartering it in Hargeisa if this wasn't the case? Its blatantly obvious. This is not a win for Somaliland and its not exactly what Muqdisho wanted. There is not going to be a humiliating defeat for either either side when this is all said and done

Its headed towards shared federalism between Muqdisho and Hargeisa with federal states in Somalia who come under Mog

I thought what Muqdisho was pushing for is Somaliland stay autonomous but Muqdisho only does federal responsibilities. This doesn't seem to be the case anymore

I am,

Abdi "Political Analyst" Johnson
Great analysis.

Yeah its a long process and mogadisho doesn't want to rush hargeysa. there are future talks either in hargeysa or mogadisho if somaliland agrees. these talks will form a joint committee to estimate the civil war and cure the grieves.
Last edited by sahal80 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

gurey25
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gurey25 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:57 am

sahal

the main issue is money.
somaliland lost billions of dollars in investment all in the last 5 years.
Will somalia agree to somaliland being the sole authority to issue licenses and contracts,

This will move a major obstacle for us, and makes recognition less attractive if you can get 90% of the benefits of recognition with this.

Integration can take 20 years for all we care if this SFG can agree to this point.

sahal80
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby sahal80 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:14 am

sahal

the main issue is money.
somaliland lost billions of dollars in investment all in the last 5 years.
Will somalia agree to somaliland being the sole authority to issue licenses and contracts,

This will move a major obstacle for us, and makes recognition less attractive if you can get 90% of the benefits of recognition with this.

Integration can take 20 years for all we care if this SFG can agree to this point.
Yeah the talks are economically motivated and therefore the cooperation on security and stability so the foreigners can invest in both the two sides.

SFG doesn't control in reality but has the legitimacy thus, they wanna get some share.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.