Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Somalia and Somaliland agree on 3 points after 72 hour talks

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
sahal80
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Somalia and Somaliland agree on 3 points after 72 hour t

Postby sahal80 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:42 pm

Well ofcourse yes but only 3 points were agreed nothing else but ofcourse Mogadishu wins to because the airspace will be managed by a joint committee and their members will be seated in hargeisa, still be some attachment but at least its a start

But so far only 3 points have been agreed

These talks will not head any where until there is mediation
Just that.

The joint committee was a somaliland proposal and i heard earlier that somalia is ready to accept it. Besides the world pressure bc of somaliland banning the UN flights it still serves somalia though it doesn't make somaliland as part of the FSG but forms a country unity.
Last edited by sahal80 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BigBreak
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby BigBreak » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:43 pm

at the end of the somaliland will be an official country period

AbdiJohnson
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiJohnson » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:17 pm

Biases and emotions aside, I don't think the SFG is looking for any type of integration of SL into the union. They know this is impossible. In fact, I don't think they even wanted for Muqdisho to have any say in SL (not that they could anyway). It will basically be like any other country but what Muqdisho will try to do is make Hargeisa do their federal responsibilities for their people like making and distributing passports to the people (Somalia passports) and visit or meet foreign govts for them but in the name of Somalia. Muqdishom ay be the capital but it looks like the Somalia govt wants federal responsibilities to be done by both Muqdisho and Hargeisa. They may even try to have Hargeisa as the other capital equal to Mog. There won't be dividing the responsibilities but they'll both be doing it at the same time. Sort of like sharing a cake and both eating it with the same fork. The airspace revenue is the first step it seems. Why would the Somalia govt agree to headquartering it in Hargeisa if this wasn't the case? Its blatantly obvious. This is not a win for Somaliland and its not exactly what Muqdisho wanted. There is not going to be a humiliating defeat for either either side when this is all said and done

Its headed towards shared federalism between Muqdisho and Hargeisa with federal states in Somalia who come under Mog

I thought what Muqdisho was pushing for is Somaliland stay autonomous but Muqdisho only does federal responsibilities. This doesn't seem to be the case anymore

I am,

Abdi "Political Analyst" Johnson

Individual
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Individual » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:44 pm

------

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:06 pm

[youtube]biqXYo_bZ2M&feature=player_embedded#at=249[/youtube]

SultanOrder

Postby SultanOrder » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:33 pm

Xassan Sheikh is one sneaky bastard. He didn't get Somaliland to allow his politicians and mp's access into Somalia, but he got government official coming over. Now SFG government officials in the aviation field will be in Hargeisa, since our airspace control shall be there. I wonder what other government members he shall have there next?

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:46 pm

Somaliland is not interested to have politicians in Somalia makes no sense , our policy is we do not want anything to do with Somalia but for the airspace the office will be in hargeisa and a team of six people 3 from Somalia and 3 from Somaliland.
1. Agreed to the return of the air traffic management from the UN and decided to establish a joint control body that is based in Hargeisa to lead the air traffic control of both sides. It is also agreed that this body will propose a mechanism for equitable revenue-sharing.
Next talks will be held in October

AhlulbaytSoldier
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AhlulbaytSoldier » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:55 pm

Bad news for the cursed ictiraaf:
2. -Sameynta gudi farsamo labada dhinac ka kooban oo iyagu ka baaraan dega qaabka loo xalin karo arinta maamulka Saadaasha hawada ayadoo mas’uuliyadda maamulka hawada Dalkana ay leedahay Dowladda Federaalka Soomaaliya.

gurey25
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gurey25 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:41 pm

Xassan Sheikh is one sneaky bastard. He didn't get Somaliland to allow his politicians and mp's access into Somalia, but he got government official coming over. Now SFG government officials in the aviation field will be in Hargeisa, since our airspace control shall be there. I wonder what other government members he shall have there next?
this point is different to the other one which mentions free movement of politicians.
this is the real sneaky move and was sure to be rejected.
the aim was to save the dirty woqoyis from jail, and possibly get influence in the north.
no sorry dirty woqoyis belong in jail.

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:53 pm

The Dirty woqoyis will always not be safe in Somaliland.
These talks are not heading any where what makes them thing in October they will agree :lol:
The talks must fail in order to get renewed talks with mediation.

Talo alle udaa
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Talo alle udaa » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:19 pm

Somaliland is interested in the financial aspect of the aviation, i too wouldn't care who was sitting in the intercom.

Xamar will share with the profit it makes from aviation with Hargeysa.

SultanOrder

Postby SultanOrder » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:42 pm

You know what I find interesting is that this is now being led on the somaliland side is the minister of finances. Now I know that he was the foreign minister but still one can see that the talks with Somalia is now an internal matter for somaliland, and that is a good sign from the siilaanyo government. :up:

Hawdian
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Hawdian » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:45 pm

All three are useless points and why I have stated in the beeso topic. As usual Isaaq only focus on the $. Money from Egal airport, for God sack there are only three airliners that use it and the money Kuwait donated went into the pocket of Silanyo and Hirsi Gaab. If they can steal it, why should I care about a man in Hamar stealing it from here too?

Tuug wa tuug. Makes no difference. Waxan odhan laha intu Hirsi Gaab iyo nin foreign ahi with UN tag xaadi laha, ka Somaliga ahi ee Xamar jooga hayska xaado maybe he has better plans in Xamar. Lakin Idoor is not only selfish, greedy but they don't see that. They only see ninka kale.

Somaliland way fashiilmataay. The only thing left is someone to blow the Horn and disperse the crowds around the MIG tower.
Last edited by Hawdian on Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:48 pm

You know what I find interesting is that this is now being led on the somaliland side is the minister of finances. Now I know that he was the foreign minister but still one can see that the talks with Somalia is now an internal matter for somaliland, and that is a good sign from the siilaanyo government. :up:

He was the Foreign minister last week he was made the trade and industry minister , The New Foreign Minister is on his way he is not in Somaliland but he is in Sudan righ tnow, on Somalia's side the interior minister always led the talks on their side. But Somaliland considered it always a foreign matter , if it was not a foreign matter for SL why on earth would we held talks in turkey and not in hargeisa or berbera. The reason the trade minister led the talks is because , the Foreign Minister is still not inaugurated.

BigBreak
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby BigBreak » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:49 pm

not really, bidaar was the ex foreign minister and besides, somaliland is only talking so somalia can lead the way in recognizing our rightful independence. the composition of our delegation does not matter as the goal is still the same - RECOGNITION OF SOVEREIGNTY FOR THE REPUBLIC OF SOMALILAND BASED ON THE BOUNDRIES OF OUR PREDECESSOR BRITISH PROTECTORATE.

the delegation will do our people and constitution proud hopefully and steer us towards our aim of being a country once again amiiin

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.