Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Somalia and Somaliland talks fails and collapses,.THANK GOD!

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Even123
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Somalia and Somaliland talks fails and collapses,.THANK GOD!

Postby Even123 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:49 pm

Somaliland:Somalia-Somaliland Dialogue Collapse after Both Sides Fail to Resume Talks in Istanbul

The ongoing Dialogue Talks between Somaliland and Somalia seem to have collapsed with neither of the two sides have clearly stated why they have not resumed the ongoing dialogue talks which were to resume today the 8th of November in Istanbul, Turkey.

At the time of our reporting both the Minister of Foreign Affairs Hon Mohamed Bihi Yunis couldn’t be reached because of his exclusivity but sources close to the Somaliland Ministry of Foreign and International Cooperation told us the talks have collapsed and there is nothing to talk about since neither of the two sides seems interested in conceding to the demands of the other.

Somaliland Minister of Commerce and International Cooperation Dr. Mohamed Abdillahi Omer who himself was part of the Somaliland team speaking to the state owned television few days ago said , “Somaliland sees no reason of continue and participating in the talks with Somalia because to the talks have-not attained any legal basis and also because of unwillingly partner(Somalia)who at the moment is preoccupied on unstable Jubaland.

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Somalia and Somaliland talks fails and collapses,.THANK

Postby Khalid Ali » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:51 pm

source?

Even123
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Even123 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:54 pm

source?
why did you hear something else on why the talks didnt happen today???,....anyway here's the source;

http://somalilandpress.com/somalilandso ... nbul-45796

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:57 pm

No official statement from Somaliland , thats not a very good source , i doubt the talks have failed and if they did , than thats good , international community need to arbitrate , we want honest mediation from countries such as Norway Britain France. Any how i still doubt these talks failed no statement from Mogadishu nor statement from hargeisa.i think the talks will happen from 10 November to 13 November.

hydrogen
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby hydrogen » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:00 pm

we want honest mediation from countries such as Norway Britain France
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:02 pm

What is so funny, i would add the US to if they want to join the negotiation table south Africa to.

Even123
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Even123 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:04 pm

i think there is some truth into this claim that somalilandpress has stated, but in all serious khalid, i thought silaanyo and Turkey said the talks would happen 8th nov!

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:08 pm

I dont believe it aslong as there is no statement from hargeisa or mogadishu neither the SL govt and the govt in xamar have talked about this, if the talks have to fail they have to fail in Turkey , and not before they even occurred.

Even123
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Even123 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:09 pm

I dont believe it aslong as there is no statement from hargeisa or mogadishu neither the SL govt and the govt in xamar have talked about this, if the talks have to fail they have to fail in Turkey , and not before they even occurred.
true :up:

Somali-Transporter
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Somali-Transporter » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:10 pm

we don't negotiate with terrorists

sahal80
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby sahal80 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:39 pm

Even if they attend the talks this time will reach a deadlock

I have revealed long time of the ICAO being againist removing the airspace HQ to hargeysa because of their already made system that they deal with the world capitals and that each country has a code in there system and that their somali code starts with MOG a shortness of mogadishu international airport.

This line wich says perhaps the ICAO... Is the first one to confirm what I said but not yet stating the reasons.

Somali govt may suggest of fikra jadida wich is about picking up the call from mogadishu and then connect them with the office in hargeysa when it comes to that region as they are againist the first choice. Thus, I expect the talks to fail or reach a deadlock.
Perhaps ICAO finds the air control office headquartered in Mogadishu more profitable"

"Somalilandsun - The Somaliland government has declared the former agreement with Somalia to seat a shared air-traffic control office in Hargeisa, in the words of the former Minister of Foreign Affairs, Dr. Mohamed A. Omer, as null and void.
Mogadishu thankfully abrogated the agreement unilaterally in collaboration with or in the behest of ICAO. (Perhaps ICAO finds the air control office headquartered in Mogadishu more profitable"

Hodan94
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Hodan94 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:47 pm

What a waste of time. I knew ot would fail the very instant they mentioned dialogue. Sillanyo started this too early. We should start this talk in 50yrs. Time.

hydrogen
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby hydrogen » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:51 pm

We should start this talk in 50yrs. Time.
By then you will become an old lady rotten with qabil, how would you cope with the possible heart attack?

sahal80
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby sahal80 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:57 pm

What a waste of time. I knew ot would fail the very instant they mentioned dialogue. Sillanyo started this too early. We should start this talk in 50yrs. Time.
the more earlier the more it is in your interests because now the somali govt has solved its southren political problems...eg kismayo etc. The world would look at it in a different way than before and that it can do more.
Last edited by sahal80 on Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

original dervish
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby original dervish » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:01 pm

Perhaps a stage reached already. :lol:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.