Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

peace in hamar depends on

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
gurey25
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: peace in hamar depends on

Postby gurey25 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:28 am

[quote="MAD MAC"]True. But does one justify the other?

If my neighbor rapes my wife, does that make it OK for me to rape his?[/quote]

No its Ok for you to kill him and blow up his house.

Invading a country and attempting hegemony is illegal , so is insurgency.
in effect internatioanl all is total bullshit.

if international law cannot prevent illegal invasion of a country they have no say in insurgeny or terrorism.

gurey25
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gurey25 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:32 am

Muskia stop bieng silly.

you want the habr gidir to carry spears, stand in astraight line infront of xabashi tanks and then get slaughtered?

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Steeler [Crawler2]
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Steeler [Crawler2] » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:42 am

"Invading a country and attempting hegemony is illegal , so is insurgency.
in effect internatioanl all is total bullshit.

if international law cannot prevent illegal invasion of a country they have no say in insurgeny or terrorism."

I would make the same arguement. The problem with international law is it is not enforceable. Because there is no meaningful enforcement agency.

This is how the US ended up in Iraq. This is how it ended up in Afghanistan. Terror groups do not abide by any law or set of moral conduct, and that causes a reaction which ignores same for practical reasons.

BUT, I have to add, the biggest objection I have to insurgents is they are notoriously difficult to control. When the wars end, the insurgents often turn on each other and you end up with a protracted and very ugly civil war that is difficult to reign in again.

Padishah
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Padishah » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:02 am

America was practicing Hegemonic invasion before any nonsense like terorism showed up! What was Vietnam all about?

musika man
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby musika man » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:06 am

[quote="gurey25"]Muskia stop bieng silly.

you want the habr gidir to carry spears, stand in astraight line infront of xabashi tanks and then get slaughtered?

Laughing Laughing Laughing[/quote]

^^

the opposite. just like somaliland. i want them to use their heads, mobilize themselves and peacefully depose the tfg. the ethiopians will leave. it is ayr stupid, not all habargedirs are involved. they leading few lost ogadens and others to oblivion and no hope for somalia.

Steeler [Crawler2]
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Steeler [Crawler2] » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:56 am

"America was practicing Hegemonic invasion before any nonsense like terorism showed up! What was Vietnam all about?"

Vietnam was about the containment of communism. During that era, there were two competing ideologies, both vying for global domination.

However, I think what you object to is the American empire, dubbed by pundits as Pax Americana. This empire is not a traditional one, and it has both benefits and costs to those who are members. It is also an empire which will use military force to defend it's interests - economic or political. This is what the Islamists hate (they really want to replace it, as the communists did before). The poorer countries of the world also tend to view this empire as avracious (your view) and resent its power and willingness to use its power. As a result, they seek to curb Pax Americanas influence across the globe. What people like you have failed to figure out is what are the red button issues and how do you avoid pushing them. You would rather flip PAx Americana off - which NEVER works and always causes the group doing it to eventually get squashed. The way you work with this particular empire is to use what I like to call the "Asian Technique". You co-opt it.

Gedo_Boy
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gedo_Boy » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:59 am

^^^^ In other words, work with the system and accept the status quo?

Steeler [Crawler2]
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Steeler [Crawler2] » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:23 am

"In other words, work with the system and accept the status quo?"

In other words, work with the system and gradually work to change those elements of the status quo you are disatissfied with, recognizing that there is no perfect solution. If you use violence to try and change the status quo, the consequences can be VERY painful.

Padishah
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Padishah » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:38 am

Sudan did not push the 'Red Button' issues that you're talking about, but Clinton still decided to send a cruise missile careening into a supposed 'munitions plant' that turned out to a Pharmaceuticals manufactory. Conversely, Israel bombs a defenceless Intelligence warship of yours, and gets nothing.

One day you implement a Democracy, you get overthrown. You do America's dirty work, you get overthrown, put into a show trial and lynched. You train and equip a group to fight the Soviets one year, and are screaming terrorist at them during another.

There is no set pattern to American whims; one just to hope your socking dikk well enough to get a reprieve.

Steeler [Crawler2]
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Steeler [Crawler2] » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:54 am

Funny how we don't have these complaints with any western European country or with Thailand, Japan, South Korea, Brazil...........I could go on and on.

In fact, since the cold war ended, the only places we've employed force are Kosovo, Albania, and Islamic psycho countries.

James Dahl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby James Dahl » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:45 pm

MAC, by your standards the American Revolution was illegal.
That makes Queen Elisabeth your rightful government, since the US Congress isn't valid.

Steeler [Crawler2]
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Steeler [Crawler2] » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:33 pm

James
The American Revolutionary Army was just that, an Army. Not an insurgency. Note the difference.

But I am not challenging the Somali insurgents on the grounds of legality so much as intelligence. What they are doing is not smart and not in the best interst of the Somali people.

James Dahl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby James Dahl » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:20 pm

Actually the British referred the americans by the following:
"Rebels"
"Anarchists"
and my favorite:
"Jacobites"

Which in 18th century language is the same as todays
"Insurgent"
"Communist"
and
"Terrorist"

In the 18th century if you were in Europe and you said you believed in liberty, the police would shoot you.
Today if you're in America and you say you believe in Sharia, the police would probably shoot you as well.

How far we've progressed...

James Dahl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby James Dahl » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:30 pm

On the contrary, the insurgents are the only smart ones. If the government wins, they'll be so beholden to the USA and Ethiopia that all their resource and export rights will be all sold off to pay their debts. Somalia will have crushing economic stagnation and foreign ownership of everything to add to their already long laundry list of problems.

That's even worse than being annexed by Ethiopia, at least if they were annexed they'd have a say, no matter how faint.
It would basically be Palestine in Africa.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.