Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Our History Before Islam

Taariikhda Soomaaliya ee ka horeysey intaan diintu soo gaarin

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators, Islam mods

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
mcali
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Our History Before Islam

Postby mcali » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:33 pm

We apparently didn't have one. Our ancestors didn't like writing I guess.

fighter
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Our History Before Islam

Postby fighter » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:36 pm

They couldn't read and write thousands of years ago and they can't read and write now in 2012.

Their history was something like today I would assume. Nomadic savages killing members of the other clan over land, water and camels.

mcali
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby mcali » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:41 pm

Some old thing just different tribe names.

It would be interesting though to read about them like we read about others in history books.

I'm starting to think that somalis were monotheists before and thats why islam was such a natural change for them.
What do you think?

AhmedBoqor
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby AhmedBoqor » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:42 pm

Jaahileyah. Lets leave it at that :up:

mcali
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby mcali » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:48 pm

Jaahileyah. Lets leave it at that :up:
I dont know man
xeer could've equaled shariah
waaq could've equaled one god

Since somalis are predominately muslim like 90 something percent, there needed to be a reason for them to be able to gravitate towards it.

To me its three things 1.They were already on a monotheistic maybe islam path(their were a lot of prophets)
2.Somalis love copying each other more than any other people
3. Islam was plainly the truth to most somalis.

Somaliman50
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Somaliman50 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:51 pm

somalis, afars, oromos, bejas, sahos and gurages were all big tribes in east africa, following the arrival of sahaba when they migrated to abyssinia, islam spread and the first places to accept islam was zeila and harrar, which were settled in and around by somalis at the time until today.

anyway its too much speculation for an era that didnt mean much today.

AhmedBoqor
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby AhmedBoqor » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:55 pm

Well in that case we should re-title this as our history before jaahileyah. I mean lets hypothetically say we did have a prophet for our people sent from Allah, at some point we fell off that trajectory of righteousness as it was destined to be for many tribes who had prophets and messengers. Then comes the period between the initial path of guidance to Muhammad (PBUH) message. That is the period of ignorance as far as I know.

But Allah knows best, don't take any of my words for fact.

mcali
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby mcali » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:11 pm

Well it might be just wishful thinking on my part but there is no doubt a prophet was sent to every nation and that all of mankind fell of at some point.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.