Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Columbus, Ohio

Dadka ku dhaqan ama ka imaaday gobolkan

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
QansaGabeyle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Columbus, Ohio

Postby QansaGabeyle » Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:50 pm

Maxaa dad qurme degan yihiin meeshaas. Shocked It is almost as focked up as Toronto and London.

Advocatar
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Chilling In SANAAG, Makhiir State Of SOMALI, enjoying TUNA fish

Re: Columbus, Ohio

Postby Advocatar » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:59 am

u serious?, I have never been out there but I assumed things were pretty bad when my shy young cousin all of a sudden went wild on us, (she's now married though), but dammmm, I wouldnt want my kids growing up in Minnisota, Ohio or San Diego.

Seattle and Virginia are rated the best places for somalis in terms of diin, akhlaaq, reer-magaalnimo and civilizenimo. Cool

QansaGabeyle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby QansaGabeyle » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:38 am

Somalis in Virginia are old timers that have arrived in America before the somali refugee influx. For that reason, they are more reer magaal than others. As for Seattle, I don't know much about that place so I will not comment on it. I would like to hear what some of the people that live there think of the Columbus. Aniga I had high expectations for the somali community in Columbus compared to the ones in MN, TO and London but it is gradually becoming like these other cities.

Luq_Ganane
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Luq_Ganane » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:19 am

Places like Ohio, MN, Atlanta, Toronto etc. (I've been to all of those places) you'll find people in every game. You'll find very serious about the deen types, strong Somali culture types, low life guys and hoodrat chicks etc.

VA is a smaller everybody knows everybody tight nit community and even stuff like earrings or tatoos is considered a BIG DEAL. Laughing Laughing

I've been to MN and I saw a guy fingering a girl on a bench in broad daylight. Shocked

QansaGabeyle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby QansaGabeyle » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:25 am

Luugh, did I tell you I used to live in back in 1996? I lived in Alexandria for a little while before I moved up north for a better food stamp and TANF package. VA is nice and people are hospitable laakin even the dudes that look like inay caadi yihiin got alcohol in their fridges. But that is what is good about them, they never let it leave the fridge and get picked up from the side of the street. Laughing

Luq_Ganane
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Luq_Ganane » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:28 am

^^

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing ,

You hit it right on the head. People in VA are very wierd. I seems they do everything that people in other places do, but somehow they do it in much more of a sharaf way. For instance so many times I'd go to older Somali who looks a normal traditional Somali guy, but then when you go to his house he's watching CNN and nightly news with a heineken on hand. Or you'll go to a cafe in DC and you'll see oldtime former Government members coming to the bar and saying "get me a scotch". Shocked Laughing

Lakin somehow you NEVER see Somalis on the side of the road wobbling drunk. So you lived in Alexandria? Were you around the skyline/Southern Towers area? Did you used to hang out at skyline? That was a primetime spot back in the '90s, and even though I was a kid, the most sophisticated fadhi ku dirir used to occur at the bread and chocolate there. Laughing Laughing

Sadaam_Mariixmaan
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Sadaam_Mariixmaan » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:47 am

I love the Reer Diini/Dhulbahante hoes in Ohio Cool Laughing Laughing Laughing

Shankaroon_614
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Shankaroon_614 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:59 pm

War hana ceynin! Dad aad iyo aad ufiican baa meesha dagan like myself Cool

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.