Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mad_Dogg question about Kismaayo 1997

Dadka ku dhaqan ama ka imaaday gobolkan

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
CoolPoisoninthisbijj
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Mad_Dogg question about Kismaayo 1997

Postby CoolPoisoninthisbijj » Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:57 am

can U give more info about campaign?

Voltage wrote:Many people were involved in the campaign, but the chief architects were:

>Gen Ahmed Warsame (Celi, Mareexaan), who was the chief architect the capture and its supreme leader:

http://www.somalitalk.com/2005/apr/Kisma3.jpg (Muuse Suudi visitng Kismaayo holds his hands)

>Col Barre Hiiraale (reer Kooshin, Mareexaan), head of the military wing

http://abaaqaroow.com/img/sade50.jpg

>Xassan Deer (reer Ahmed, Mareexaan), head of the political wing of the capture.

http://www.gedonet.com/files/xasandeer.jpg

>Bille Cabdulle Cabdi (reer Hassan, Mareexaan), the head of the finance wing of the capture.

http://www.dulmane.com/bayaanada/warark ... a/bile.jpg

>Xaawo Ugaas (reer Ugaas Shermaake, Mareexaan), head of motivation and morale, plus provisions.

http://www.somalitalk.com/2005/mar/bao7.jpg

Warsame101
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Mad_Dogg question about Kismaayo 1997

Postby Warsame101 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:54 am

Gedo forum has turned in to a forum of historical revisionism. And all of this out of spite.

Coolpoison, even though the Kismaayo liberation campaign is public knowledge which every Reer Kismaayo is aware of, it is better to
get the facts from those who actually heard the first-hand accounts of how it went down. In fact, a video was recorded during the campaign.

Bile Cabdi, financier of the Kismaayo liberation campaign? The old general, chief architect of the capture and supreme leader?

Allahu naxaristee, famed businessman and former MP in the 60's parliament, Cali Shire Warsame was the chief financier of the campaign. He was the one who bought the arms, the tools, the vehicles and all the necessities when Barre and the troops were stationed in Goobweyn (15k north of Kismaayo) and basically provided the financial means from the get go. Mareexaanka Reer Kismaayo have nothing but gratitude for him since he is one of the primary reason that Mareexaan dominate Kismaayo today. Axmed Warsame arrived after Barre called him to go through some tactics.

Secondly, when Morgan went on a spree by executing Mareexaan businessmen in Kismaayo (the first one was Boor-dage), the one who initiated the campaign to liberate Kismaayo was Barre (common info). Barre ordered the Mareexaan businessmen to move to Goobweyn and await his arrival.

When Barre and the army arrived in Goobweyn, the famous gabay titled Shilkii Reer Kismaayo was recited by Dhuurcas who started with Barre's name saying basically what happend in Kismaayo brought him out of retirement (meaning reciting gabays):

Shuqul gabay barroow wanigii sheekadiis dhigaye
Wanigii shakalka iyo ku xiray shabaq aan sideen.
Shib waataan kairi maansadaan sheeqa ku ahaa.

http://www.golkhatumo.com/Kis.htm (text)
http://www.golkhatumo.com/Shilka1.ram (audio)

By the way, try to get your hands on the video, you will see the following people giving speeches: Barre, Cali Shire Warsame (RH), Axmed Warsame, Xaawo Ugaas, etc. You can even find Yaasin Raadeer :D

QansaGabeyle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby QansaGabeyle » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:20 pm

WHo is Xaawo Ugaas? Maxaa nimanka dhex dhige mommadaan? :lol:

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Sheikh Voltage ibn Guleid-Shire al-Garbaharawi, Oil Baron

Postby Voltage » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:46 pm

The focked up thing is I just lost the long response I wrote here answering CoolPoison as well as responding to Young Warsame there. As soon as I was about to hit "submit" my wireless connection broke and when it came back and I refreshed, the body contained no words.

I will try again of course later.

Warsame101
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Warsame101 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:27 pm

QansaGabeyle wrote:WHo is Xaawo Ugaas? Maxaa nimanka dhex dhige mommadaan? :lol:

Xaawo Ugaas, the morale booster, waa geesiyad walle.

Voltage, do not let reality hit you in the face, do you really want to dispute factual history?

Who are you to dispute what went down in Kismaayo, when (a), I have personally interviewed the leader(s) who partoke in the campaign, (b), I have the video of the campaign, (c) Dhuurcas who formulated Shilkii Kismaayo poem recited when Barre arrived in Goobweyn.

Walahi, this kid needs some reality checks, give me the name of who your rumour-monger is so I can approach him. It is not healthy to fill a young mind with so many distortions.

CoolPoisoninthisbijj
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby CoolPoisoninthisbijj » Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:54 pm

Warsame101 wrote:Gedo forum has turned in to a forum of historical revisionism. And all of this out of spite.

Coolpoison, even though the Kismaayo liberation campaign is public knowledge which every Reer Kismaayo is aware of, it is better to
get the facts from those who actually heard the first-hand accounts of how it went down. In fact, a video was recorded during the campaign.

Bile Cabdi, financier of the Kismaayo liberation campaign? The old general, chief architect of the capture and supreme leader?

Allahu naxaristee, famed businessman and former MP in the 60's parliament, Cali Shire Warsame was the chief financier of the campaign. He was the one who bought the arms, the tools, the vehicles and all the necessities when Barre and the troops were stationed in Goobweyn (15k north of Kismaayo) and basically provided the financial means from the get go. Mareexaanka Reer Kismaayo have nothing but gratitude for him since he is one of the primary reason that Mareexaan dominate Kismaayo today. Axmed Warsame arrived after Barre called him to go through some tactics.

Secondly, when Morgan went on a spree by executing Mareexaan businessmen in Kismaayo (the first one was Boor-dage), the one who initiated the campaign to liberate Kismaayo was Barre (common info). Barre ordered the Mareexaan businessmen to move to Goobweyn and await his arrival.

When Barre and the army arrived in Goobweyn, the famous gabay titled Shilkii Reer Kismaayo was recited by Dhuurcas who started with Barre's name saying basically what happend in Kismaayo brought him out of retirement (meaning reciting gabays):

Shuqul gabay barroow wanigii sheekadiis dhigaye
Wanigii shakalka iyo ku xiray shabaq aan sideen.
Shib waataan kairi maansadaan sheeqa ku ahaa.

http://www.golkhatumo.com/Kis.htm (text)
http://www.golkhatumo.com/Shilka1.ram (audio)

By the way, try to get your hands on the video, you will see the following people giving speeches: Barre, Cali Shire Warsame (RH), Axmed Warsame, Xaawo Ugaas, etc. You can even find Yaasin Raadeer :D

^^warsame1, i wanted to ask U but Ur reply late.

i know gabay shiilka, i posted it before. sick gabay. I know Rer Ali Shire like Siyad Ali.

why dont U upload the video? so we all can see?

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.