Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Somali youth for peace workshop in Beled Hawa

Dadka ku dhaqan ama ka imaaday gobolkan

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Advo
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Somali youth for peace workshop in Beled Hawa

Postby Advo » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:12 am

CoolPoisons
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Somali youth for peace workshop in Beled Hawa

Postby CoolPoisons » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:39 am

cute chickz except 1

QansaGabeyle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby QansaGabeyle » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:43 am

Allah ha u gargaaro caruurtaas. Waxbarashada ku dadaalla! It is funny how some around here like to misinformation about the region not having high schools when kids in Gedo are the most educated in Somalia. :up:

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Sheikh Voltage ibn Guleid-Shire al-Garbaharawi, Oil Baron

Postby Voltage » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:49 pm

Qansa what is the importance of what a couple of illiterates on Somalinet say?

Gedo has the best high schools in the whole former somalia!

Also, this peace workshop was organized by the American embassy in Kenya as part of their diplomacy programme.
The workshop was almost entirely organized by seven staff members at the local U.S embassy and the initiative was led by the Public Diplomacy Officer for Somalia, Mr. Mark Zimmer.

The embassy also provided funding for the workshop; paying for staff, accommodations and meals and other expenses during the five day seminar.

The workshop had a wide ranging and eventful agenda for the lucky 50 students who were selected by merit. Activities included: Quran recitation competition, football (soccer) matches, volleyball, handball, arts and crafts, poetry writing contests, and essay writing contests. The workshop also gave the students a chance to voice their opinion while having an open forum style discussion with the embassy officials. Some of the topics covered were the possibility of co-existence, non violence, U.S - Somalia friendly relations, education, career development and the role of youth in the peace process.

At the programs conclusion, it was not only the children who left with a sense of accomplishment and fulfillment; but rather everyone involved took something with them from that unique experience. The U.S Embassy was extremely satisfied with the workshop and its results.
http://hiiraan.com/news2/2008/Sept/soma ... ndera.aspx

QansaGabeyle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby QansaGabeyle » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:12 am

Somalis are natural born haters. Subxanallah. I have to admit I do not know somali people as much as I thought I did.

HAUDflower
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby HAUDflower » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:44 am

http://www.fsausomali.org/fileadmin/uploads/pdf/190.pdf

Statistically-speaking, Gedo isn't the most educated region in the country, far from it. There are more schools, according to that map, between Jamaame and Jilib, than the entire region of Gedo. Bardheere and Garbahareey are on track, but Luuq, El Waaq, and Belet Hawa are absolutely terrible when it comes to school.

And a line has to be drawn between Mogadishu/Northern Somalia standards and Southern Somalia standards. You can't begin to compare them.

For example, the photo below demonstrates an ultra-modern school, which is only a primary school in Hargeisa, which can't be replicated in Gedo anytime in the near future:

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Voltage » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:13 am

That map shows more schools between Jilib and Kismaayo then the entire tri-state of Puntland. :lol:

Analytically speaking, the information posted is from 2004, by then both Puntland and Somaliland were at the height of their development schemes (they have fallen since) but for Gedo it was just starting. For example, the above school whose pictures I posted is called Markabley High School in Baardheere.

Building started in 2005 and it opened in 2007. :up:

Another thing you do not seem to understand is the necessity to build schools in Puntland and all other areas in Somalia is not very strong in Gedo and I'll tell you why.

The majority of Marehan parents who really want to educate their kids, and especially in the border districts such as Beled-Xaawo, they look to Mandheere and the Kenyan professional curriculum schools. For example, my late grandfather had kids in the middle 90's in Beled-Xaawo. As soon as they were school age, my mother enrolled them in Mandheera Kenya schools. This is the case for a lot of Marehans and especially in the border districts. They have the opportunity to educate their kids in a real, established, national curriculum of a functioning nation known for strong education and more then often they take advantage of it. Trust me, if Boosaaso was in Beled-Xaawo's geographical location, local schools would be non-existent. :up:

p.s. As for Somaliland, I am not going to go scouting across the internet but I remember when that building was built and since then I have seen colleges, businesses, and assortment of other sectors use it. It must be leased buildings.

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Voltage » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:25 am

For example, everytime the Kenyans close the border temporarily, you read this complaint from Marehans:

Talaabadaasi ay qaadeen Ciidamada Ammaanka dalka Kenya ee ay ku xireen Xadka ay Soomaaliya la wadaagaan ayaa waxaa si weyn uga qeyliyay Waalidiinta Ku nool gobolka Gedo kuwaasi oo sheegay in aritaasi ay saameyn ku yeelatay wax barashada Caruurtooda oo ay sheegeen in ay wax ka baran jireen dhanka Mandheera ee Dalka Kenya.
http://shabelle.net/news/viewnews.asp?newsid=1287
iyadoo sidoo kalena saaka dib loo soo celiyay ardaydii wax ka baraneysa Gudaha dalka Kenya ee dhinaca xadka uga tallaabayay.
http://www.mareeg.com/fidsan.php?sid=7936&tirsan=2
Dad fara badan oo saaka ku fekirayey in ay u shaqo tagaan Beledxaawo ama Mandheere iyo arday waxbarasho u aadi laheyd gudaha magaalad Mandheere ayaa hakad uu galiyey xiritaanka xuduuda,
http://www.gedoweb.com/index/modules.ph ... le&sid=787

Simply said, our location has blessed us. Our kids are the only kids in Somalia who have continued to receive a good and sound education ran by a functioning state known for good education.

I just came back from Kenya, there are more Marehan students in Nairobi secondary schools and colleges then all sujui clans combined let alone reer Somalia Somalis.

QansaGabeyle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby QansaGabeyle » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:57 am

Well put Voltage. Nairobi, Busia, Nakuru, Garissa, Siyedlow, Mandhera, Wajiir etc. all have schools that offer good quality education for a really cheap price. Somalis in Kenya should all take advantage of it.

Unclebin-
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: shibis, shangaani iyo shabellehoose= Shanshi Serenity

Postby Unclebin- » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:26 pm

Voltage

One correction...

The most schools in the map are in hargeisa and Bosaaso districts...

Look at the colour of the map.

Secondly Mashallah.

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Voltage » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:47 pm

Not the most schools, the most enrollments. In any case what that map has taught me is Sacad, Dhulbahante, and Warsangeli are seriously lacking in education.

garowegal
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby garowegal » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:07 pm

wow the classrooms look neat :up: Thanks for sharing.

The Magnificent
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Chillin' and Drinking 2 cubs of Arabian Tea With General Mohamed Said Hirsi 'Morgan' !!!!!!

Postby The Magnificent » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:29 pm

Gedo region gets help from it's only settlers, and that's the Mareexaan-clan.

Hargeisa get's helped from the entire European Union, United Nations & the U.S, so now..how the hell are you gonna compare that @ HaudFlower? :? :? :? :?

Without any outside help, the entire Daarood clans are doing good job, by their own, while Isxaaq is getting unlimited help, such as billions of dollars flowing through into their little huts in the Mountains of Northern Somalia. :twisted: :lol:

The_Emperior5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Suldaanka Guud beelaha reer Sheikh isxaaq Bani Axmed Bani Hashiim. In the republic of Soliziland

Postby The_Emperior5 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:08 pm

is it me or are reer gedo people verry talll dhahdeere nimanku wada qoor dhadheera ma ogaden ba dhalay talow

sadeboi
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby sadeboi » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:47 pm

:lol: :lol: Emprior qof kale baad tahay walle...lakiin I will let you know Marexaan are not short in general, the ones I know and I have seen are majority tall. Reer-gedo marry each other mostly.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.