Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The training of Gedo Defense Forces continues by AU/US/IGAD

Dadka ku dhaqan ama ka imaaday gobolkan

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Sheikh Voltage ibn Guleid-Shire al-Garbaharawi, Oil Baron

The training of Gedo Defense Forces continues by AU/US/IGAD

Postby Voltage » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:13 pm

We finally see actual footage of the training that has allowed the Dollow group to snatch large tracts of land from Al Shabaab in southern Somalia which led them to withdraw from Mogadishu to Gedo in order to hold off a successful push all the way to Kismaayo, Shabaab's primary base.

This is the latest batch of 1,000 men training by a united support from AU-US-IGAD and we see commanders like Col Fartaag (Barre Hiiraale's former militia commander in JVA).

Starting 13:00

http://tvuniversal.tv/content/2008

Coeus
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Assisting the Mujahideen in Galgala to free their region

Re: The training of Gedo Defense Forces continues by AU/US/I

Postby Coeus » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:52 pm

Mashallah they are hugely motivated :up:

grandpakhalif
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby grandpakhalif » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:56 pm

Gedo Defense Forces continues by AU/US/IGAD the irony :lol:

mudugawi
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby mudugawi » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:58 pm

Mashalah, waa rag aan gabaneyn. Guul IA :som:

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Voltage » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:06 pm

Only a little kid who just learned how to wash his poop thinks it is an irony. Defense agreements and allied training have existed time immemorial and will exist after us. Especially in light of the fact that Al Shabaab is part of an international web of common entities and have received support from outside the Republic, it makes sense for the other side to be supported in the effort to bring stability and governance back to the Republic. :som:

mudugawi
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby mudugawi » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:10 pm

Only a little kid who just learned how to wash his poop thinks it is an irony. Defense agreements and allied training have existed time immemorial and will exist after us. Especially in light of the fact that Al Shabaab is part of an international web of common entities and have received support from outside the Republic, it makes sense for the other side to be supported in the effort to bring stability and governance back to the Republic. :som:
Republic of Somalia :up:

grandpakhalif
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby grandpakhalif » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:13 pm

Sxb, I will tell you one thing, Al shabab is not your typical tribal militia and cannot be defeated by impoverished, khat induced, conscripted youth recruited by warlords nostalgic about their old tribal fiefdoms. Even if you have the support of the entire globe, you will not defeat them, wa bi idnillah. You don't understand the mindset, The Youth love death, and thousands will continue to join in droves to preserve la ilaha illah lah. By Allah you will never defeat them as long as they fight for him.

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Voltage » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:32 pm

They love death because they have nothing else going for them in life. This is a country in war for 20 years. There are no opportunities. Also, this is the best time someone slapped these kids with discipline and organization and showed them father figures both in personal lives and in society so they felt they have been taken in and responded amicably. They were craving to be domesticated from the mad max world of anarchy they lived in. However, they can be easily defeated if diplomacy and military is used both. For one once battles are won over Al Shabaab, the kids will be broken out of their stupor and will look at the other side clearly. If the other group is organized, efficient, there are salaries, and the peace, security, and order is being kept Shabaab only has few moments left.

It is exactly what happened to them in Mogadishu once Farmaajo became PM. They were deserted from all corners and neighborhoods turned on them when they saw they had an honest partner in the TFG>
Last edited by Voltage on Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Based
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Based » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:33 pm

Sxb, I will tell you one thing, Al shabab is not your typical tribal militia and cannot be defeated by impoverished, khat induced, conscripted youth recruited by warlords nostalgic about their old tribal fiefdoms.
These troops cannot be defeated by impoverished, wadaad induced, conscripted youth impressed into the Shabaab milita by Pakistani and Arab cavemen nostalgic about the 7th century. The entire world is moving forward and these idiots still talk about freeing Al-Andalus :lol:
The Youth love death, and thousands will continue to join in droves to preserve la ilaha illah lah. By Allah you will never defeat them as long as they fight for him.
The "youth" are usually simpletons forced into the militia on pain of death. Let's not act as if they voluntarily join an organization committed to the destruction of their homeland and the eradication of their culture. Isn't this the same organization that forces teenage girls into marrying some Paki neanderthal or thinks the Afghan salwar kameez and pakol hat are the only acceptable forms of Islamic dress? :lol:

btw, if you're not currently being sodomized by a Gitmo guard after posting this shit, you're obviously an agent provocateur waiting for some idiot to contact you :?

grandpakhalif
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby grandpakhalif » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:36 pm

Haye voltage, we will see the result.

Based, I would be very careful when using derogatory terms such as 7th century, cave dweller, paki, etc.

Based
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Based » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:40 pm

Haye voltage, we will see the result.

Based, I would be very careful when using derogatory terms such as 7th century, cave dweller, paki, etc.
Why? Does Shabaab not look to the ancient past for inspiration? Do the Afghan and Pakistani militants not live in mountain caves?

grandpakhalif
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby grandpakhalif » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:41 pm

Based are you calling the best generation to ever walk this earth "ancient, 7th century" ?

I would rather imitate their society than the corrupt "developed" countries of so called modernity.

Are you even muslim!

mudugawi
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby mudugawi » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:44 pm

Based are you calling the best generation to ever walk this earth "ancient, 7th century" ?

I would rather imitate their society than the corrupt "developed" countries of so called modernity.

Are you even muslim!
Whats with the Seeflaboodism that I constantly see with shabab sympathisers. Ina adeer Dadkaaga dhinac ka raac, :up:

Based
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Based » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:47 pm

Are you even muslim!
I love how you're attempting to change the conversation from discussing a terrorist organization's imminnent defeat to questioning my Muslimnimo :lol: :lol:

grandpakhalif
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby grandpakhalif » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:55 pm

Our discussion ends here.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.