Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A young Somali mother starved her baby to death while ‘living fantasy life’ on Facebook

what's happening now.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Talktalk

A young Somali mother starved her baby to death while ‘living fantasy life’ on Facebook

Postby Talktalk » Sun May 24, 2015 6:07 am

Young mother who starved her baby girl to death while living 'fantasy life' on Facebook is spared jail for a second time

Image Image

Iman Wyse avoided jail after she admitted killing her four-year-old daughter
Infant died from severe malnutrition and dehydration, a post-mortem found
A judge spared her jail last April after learning of abuse she had suffered
Avoids prison sentence for a second time despite failing to cooperate with probation officers

A young mother who starved her baby girl to death while living a ‘fantasy life’ on Facebook wept as she was spared jail for a second time.

Iman Wyse, 20, was given an ‘extraordinary’ suspended prison sentence after she admitted killing her four-month-old daughter Amani Abdi.

The tiny girl was taken to hospital from Wyse’s home in Mile End, East London, on October 4 2013.

She was pronounced dead just 15 minutes later and a post-mortem found the infant had died from severe malnutrition and dehydration.
At the time of her daughter's death, Wyse was suffering from post traumatic stress disorder and had been spending a 'disturbing' amount of time on Facebook, a court heard.

She was heavily pregnant when she fled Somalia and returned to the UK at the age of 17 and ended up living in squalor.
Wyse was spared jail in April last year after a judge was told of the catalogue of abuse she had suffered.
But she was hauled back in front of Judge William Kennedy at Snaresbrook Crown Court for failing to cooperate with probation officers despite the ‘extraordinary chance’ he had given her.
He told her: ‘You remember when we last met, I looked you in the eye and I told you I was going to give you quite an extraordinary chance.

‘I told you it was essential that you cooperate with the people trying to deal with the tragedy that had enveloped you.
‘You’ve let yourself down, you’ve let me down.’
Sparing Wyse jail a second time today, he added: ‘This is one of the saddest cases I have ever seen in my 25 years as a judge.
‘You came here with a tiny child and you simply couldn’t cope, I am not going to send you to prison today.’

Wyse was found to have been suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder at the time of her daughter’s death, but received no help from social services, who believed she was coping well as a mother.
At the time of her daughter's death, Wyse had been spending a ‘disturbing’ amount of time on Facebook and invented an imaginary life, claiming she was living with her mother and three siblings while on a gap year before university.
She left her home address last November and had not been in touch with probation officers until she was arrested in April this year.
The judge changed the defendant’s condition of residence order to an address in Southwark with one of her aunts and increased her supervision order from two years to the three year maximum.
She was also given two years to pay a £900 fine and she will not be allowed unsupervised access to children under the age of 11.
Wyse appeared at court in a black trouser suit and white t-shirt, but without the hijab she wore at earlier hearings.
She wept as her sentence was read out and promised the judge that she would comply with his orders.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -time.html

Talktalk

Re: A young Somali mother starved her baby to death while ‘living fantasy life’ on Facebook

Postby Talktalk » Sun May 24, 2015 6:10 am

^

“She was heavily pregnant when she fled Somalia and returned to the UK at the age of 17 and ended up living in squalor.
Wyse was spared jail in April last year after a judge was told of the catalogue of abuse she had suffered.”

I don't know what to say. I’m just speechless.

Lamagoodle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: A young Somali mother starved her baby to death while ‘living fantasy life’ on Facebook

Postby Lamagoodle » Sun May 24, 2015 6:11 am

:( :( :(

Did she use the " I am a victim of abuse" excuse?

What happened to that mother in Indiana ( I think) that starved her kids to death?

Itrah
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Itrah » Sun May 24, 2015 6:11 am

She's probably mentally ill. Schizophrenic or something.

Machiavelli2
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Machiavelli2 » Sun May 24, 2015 3:40 pm

She's probably mentally ill. Schizophrenic or something.

Definitely she has some sort of a mental illness.

"At the time of her daughter's death, Wyse had been spending a ‘disturbing’ amount of time on Facebook and invented an imaginary life, claiming she was living with her mother and three siblings while on a gap year before university."

The theme is always the same, few like her could be here with us in Somalinet.

FieldMarshalMenace
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby FieldMarshalMenace » Sun May 24, 2015 3:48 pm

I think I've heard her story from someone in the UK..her family tricked her into going to Somaliland where they forcibly married her off but she almost arrested her family when she made it to the embassy in Ethiopia ...

SiennaEarth
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby SiennaEarth » Sun May 24, 2015 4:21 pm

The evil bxtch needs to be sent to prison with no parole. Wtf I don't care how much abuse you got how do you let your kid starve to death? What a witch. If she was abused that should have motivated her to be a better parent than her parents were to her.

gedo_gurl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gedo_gurl » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:49 am

Half Somali.....

She is still young, was raised terribly (dragged up) and then raped by an older 'husband' figure in Somalia somewhere. Her parents should be in prison for pimping their daughter out.

Thuganomics
Location: Arguments gain nothing but resentment, Disscussion however creates learning

Postby Thuganomics » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:37 am

Technically she's not Somali,as only mum is Somali

Rambie
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Rambie » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:43 am

:pacspit:

JSL3000
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby JSL3000 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:57 am

Wtf she is crazy, what a sick lady :down:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.