Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gaaljecel

Dadka ku dhaqan ama ka imaaday gobolkan

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Demure
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Gaaljecel

Postby Demure » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:27 am

Is Shabeelada Hoose their main deegaan? Where does 90% of the Gaaljecel people live?

Somaliman50
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Gaaljecel

Postby Somaliman50 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:12 pm

Gaaljecel like some Hawiye clans, move about quite a lot. They live in good numbers in Hiiraan, Jowhar and even Kismaayo.
How comes the Ajuuraan moved away to such distant areas though? I even heard some went as far as Tanzania.

Shirib
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Shirib » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:22 pm

No their main degaan is Hiiraan

Demure
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Demure » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:17 pm

hmm I was lead to believe that most Gaaljecel live in the South specifically in Shabeelada hoose... Hey does anybody know what the Gaaljecels are known for? or what have they ever contributed to the Somali history?

For the longest time I thought Ajuuraan was a mythical clan, I don't think that I ever met one Ajuuran person either... But it would be interesting to know why they scattered so far away, particularly as they had such a rich history.

A new clan that I recently heard of is Jeejeele, I guess they are Hawiye too but a small clan. Anyone know where they live?

Addoow
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Addoow » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:24 pm

hmm I was lead to believe that most Gaaljecel live in the South specifically in Shabeelada hoose... Hey does anybody know what the Gaaljecels are known for? or what have they ever contributed to the Somali history?

For the longest time I thought Ajuuraan was a mythical clan, I don't think that I ever met one Ajuuran person either... But it would be interesting to know why they scattered so far away, particularly as they had such a rich history.

A new clan that I recently heard of is Jeejeele, I guess they are Hawiye too but a small clan. Anyone know where they live?

I think you should contact diyaasha tolka.

Somaliman50
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Somaliman50 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:36 pm

Demure, Gaaljecel and Jeejeele and some other clans are Gugundhabe Hawiye. Ajuuraan is Jambeele Hawiye. Yeah they had a powerful history. I heard it was an alliance of Hawiye clans, of which the Ajuuraan lineage established the hegemony in most of Somalia for roughly three centuries. During that time, Imam Ahmad's conquest of Abysinniya took place, and i heard some Hawiye clans like Haskul and Raarane participated, especially in Harar. Also, some commanders and fighters of that Jihad against Abysinnia took refuge in Hawiye country. Anyway, i still need to find out exactly how much terrritory the Ajuuraan dynasty covered in the horn of Africa at it's peak. Did you know some historians like Cassavelli say it was the first centralised state in Somalia until the dictatorship? Maybe Barre should have taken a leaf out of their book and the destruction of that empire :lol:

BTW, Cushite Kingdom's folks are Ajuuraan. They do exist afterall. :lol:
Last edited by Somaliman50 on Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Demure
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Demure » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:30 pm

Oh that's right I totally forgot about that Cushite dude!...but still he is just a cyber character so he doesn't count :lol:
Did you know some historians like Cassavelli say it was the first centralised state in Somalia until the dictatorship? Maybe Barre should have taken a leaf out of them and the destruction of that empire
Obvisouly Afweyne was not smart or perceptive enough, and his short sightedness ultimately caused the civil war that is still going on today :cry:

Addow,

Why? what's diyesha tolka's deal?

Somaliman50
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Somaliman50 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:58 pm

As for the question, Gaaljecel are just apart the common Somali people. There was one anti colonialist leader who was a Gaaljecel though. Diyeeshaha Tolka is a G-man 8-)

Shirib
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Shirib » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:56 pm

Hassan Barsane who was an anticolonialist and fiught against the Italians was Gaaljecel. However most of his warriors were Jiida.
In 1923 De Vechi di Val Cismon became the new governor of Somalia by the new fascist Italian regime. De Vechi made it clear that he was out to exterminate all who had opposed his government and take over the Italian vision of “La Grande Somalia.” However the locals were well armed having access to an estimated 16,000 rifles and were not willing to comply. De Vechi made his first goal to collect all the firearms from the locals especially those in the inter-riverine regions. In March of 1924 Sheik Hassan Barsane one of the leaders of the Shabelle valley called for a shir of the local clan elders. The delegate denounced the governors ordered and Barsane on behalf of the delegation wrote the following to the governor

In, the name of Allah the most gracious the most merciful… I have received your letter and understood its content, but must advise that we cannot obey your orders and join with you in a covenant… Your government has its laws and we have ours. We accept no law other then ours. Our law is the law of Allah and his Prophet… We are not like other people, none of us have ever enrolled in the Zaptie (colonial forces)! … If you come to our land to fight against us, we will fight you with all possible means…The world is very close to its end, only 58 years remain. We don’t want to stay in this world. It is better to die while defending our laws.

The Barsane revolt of the shabelle valley initially came with some success but crumbled after Sheik Hassan Barsane was captured by Italian forces on April 4th.
http://digil-mirifle.com/index.php?PHPS ... 931&page=8

Somaliman50
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Somaliman50 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:35 pm

Shirib, was Sh Hassan Barsame released after being captured?

CUSHITE KINGDOM
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby CUSHITE KINGDOM » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:00 pm

ajurans are everywhere sxb
believe it or not from what i was told
a lot of them became part of other tribes
during the ajuran vs ajuran wars.
many think that the demise of ajuran has to
do with their clan or tribe but believe me
ajurans power to an end because of
Cabdalla Dayle(ruling family) vs Seerjeele Dayle(olol Diinle).

Shirib
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Shirib » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:03 pm

Shirib, was Sh Hassan Barsame released after being captured?
No he died in jail AUN

Somaliman50
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Somaliman50 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:32 pm

Cushite Kingdom, did you hear about the story of how the Gareen family tried to poison their grandson Cali Cusmaan, but ended up killing Faadumo Sarjecelle? Oral tradition relate the story of Cali Cusmaan's birth to the birth of Moses. A wiseman once told Boqor Ajuuraan that his kingdom would be toppled one day by Cali Cusmaan.

CUSHITE KINGDOM
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby CUSHITE KINGDOM » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:02 pm

Cushite Kingdom, did you hear about the story of how the Gareen family tried to poison their grandson Cali Cusmaan, but ended up killing Faadumo Sarjecelle? Oral tradition relate the story of Cali Cusmaan's birth to the birth of Moses. A wiseman once told Boqor Ajuuraan that his kingdom would be toppled one day by Cali Cusmaan.

i didnt know, never heard of such thing.

Somaliman50
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Somaliman50 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:01 pm

Cushite Kingdom, bro i've been reading on some good sources about the Ajuuraan history and i have done some important work on it. It's a very interesting theme in Somali history and once i've finished working on it, you'll be one of the first to check it out :up:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.