Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Aroos time....

Soomaalida waddankan ku dhaqan

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators, Islam mods, uk mods

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Warsan_Star_Muslimah
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Aroos time....

Postby Warsan_Star_Muslimah » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:30 pm

Summerrrrr.....Summer time, aroos time for a lot of londoners, being hearing about loads of weddings, masha-allah. 8-)

Guurkeena guur qeyr gurigeena guri nage
:rose:

:rose: :som: :rose:

snoop12
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Aroos time....

Postby snoop12 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:03 pm

no Shukansi no Aroos :|

DANGIRL
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby DANGIRL » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:43 pm

I'm not a fan of weddings. In fact, I avoid them like the plague. :down:

black velvet
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby black velvet » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:09 am

I went to a wedding the other day, very nice :clap: Made me think of my own :shock: :down:

Spursman
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Spursman » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:55 am

Went to 2 weddings so far this summer liveo ruunti :lol: :up: mashallah we have some qalanjos still. aroos wacaan.

ImaGangstaGangstaGal
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby ImaGangstaGangstaGal » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:34 pm

Masha Allah to All da newly weds n its such a beautiful thing to get married n inshaAllah may Allah(swt) bless us all with a good husband/wife.

military-mind
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby military-mind » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:40 pm

Theres no MashaAllah about a somali weddin

a xalimo is gettin Married and shes half naked :|
half if not all of the xalimo's in the place are semi naked lol
some even shake der futo about :lol:
faraxs are too busy tryin to sweet talk them they even act a fool just 2get them

no blessin in a weddin just bare shaydaans ravin it out wid da lights on :arrow:

wastegal
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby wastegal » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:52 pm

faraxs are too busy tryin to sweet talk them they even act a fool just 2get them

no blessin in a weddin just bare shaydaans ravin it out wid da lights on :arrow:
PARTY A.R.D

black velvet
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby black velvet » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:53 pm

You know that's what I was thinking. Why is it ok to show your back, your arms, your cleavage during a wedding but considered being cheap other times? Morals are on holiday during wedding season eh?

Highland
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Highland » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:33 am

Black velvet, Somali weddings to me is the apogee of happiness for the family and friends and our interactions are relaxed yet modest. It's tradition, culture, caado, whatever you call it.
Society disapproves of certain pattern of behavior that the religion allows and vice versa.
For instance, a Somali man wearing shorts in public is frowned upon even though our religion approves shorts that hang just below the knee cap.
We don't eat zebra, reptiles though it's permissable.

We must be able to understand the differences and be aware of the invasion of other cultures.

Highland
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Highland » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:39 am

I am now saving lots ££ for my future Somali girl. I don't know her yet. She lives in my dreams.

wastegal
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby wastegal » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:45 am

I am now saving lots ££ for my future Somali girl. I don't know her yet. She lives in my dreams.
Awwwww

black velvet
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby black velvet » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:50 am

Black velvet, Somali weddings to me is the apogee of happiness for the family and friends and our interactions are relaxed yet modest. It's tradition, culture, caado, whatever you call it.
Society disapproves of certain pattern of behavior that the religion allows and vice versa.
For instance, a Somali man wearing shorts in public is frowned upon even though our religion approves shorts that hang just below the knee cap.
We don't eat zebra, reptiles though it's permissable.

We must be able to understand the differences and be aware of the invasion of other cultures.
I really don't understand the relation of your statement to mine unless you are saying that it is in our culture for women to dress 'indecently' during weddings and we should accept it as such. 'Relaxed yet modest' that is very vague - I guess we all have different definition of what we think is modest.

FAH1223
webmaster

Postby FAH1223 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:27 pm

if I get married, im prolly gonna have to have an aroos but its gonna be real low key and laidback

the thought of feeding and entertaining hundreds of skinnies aint my cup of tea though

black velvet
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby black velvet » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:50 am

if I get married, im prolly gonna have to have an aroos but its gonna be real low key and laidback

the thought of feeding and entertaining hundreds of skinnies aint my cup of tea though
:shock: Cheapskate :lol:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.