Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Knaan arrives in Hargeisa

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
abdikarim86
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Knaan arrives in Hargeisa

Postby abdikarim86 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:15 am

he didn't go to Isaaqland because supposedly its the sh.it, he went there for one man who he thinks is a Musical genius and looks up2; that is Hadraawi so all you idoor punks shacking their asses, calm the fuck down
naag foqol naag :lol:

i see you've abondoned your "which nigga is pretty" topics for the moment
aar go back to what you do best

Bitching :arrow: :lol:

nomadicwarlord
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby nomadicwarlord » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:24 am

What a sellout :lol:

ToughGong
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ToughGong » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:26 am

he didn't go to Isaaqland because supposedly its the sh.it, he went there for one man who he thinks is a Musical genius and looks up2; that is Hadraawi so all you idoor punks shacking their asses, calm the fuck down

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keyse_0208
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Keyse_0208 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:26 am

Whats with all the jealousy and primitive political stuff?

The nicca going to the homeland to get some new material, good on him
4real :up:

FAH, all i can say heres alot of clowns here man.

Paddington Bear
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Paddington Bear » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:34 am

K'naan is the the only well known Somali we have that didn't get to where his at because his clit was chopped off
Was Rage Omer's clit chopped off? :mrgreen:

Oh, you said Somali! My bad.

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:35 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dhaga Bacayl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Dhaga Bacayl » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:22 am

HARGEISA, 15 December 2009 (Somalilandpress) – The famous Somali singer and rapper, K’naan arrived Hargeisa yesterday. Sources told Somalilandpress that the singer is coming to Somaliland as part of his documentary about Somali culture and literature.

K’naan is born in Mogadishu then migrated to Canada after the civil war broke out in Somalia where he still lives there. His songs and style attracted the world lately and his song was selected for the FIFA football world cup in 2010.

This is the first time K’naan visits Somaliland where he is expected to stay for few weeks before he goes back to Canada. During his stay, the singer will meet the famous Somali literature folks who are living in Hargeisa. He said he will meet the Hadraawi, Gaariye and others who are considered leaders in terms of Somali literature.

First of all let me say well done K’naan and welcome home. This is your country and we’re very pleased to have you in Somaliland. I wish him the best of everything.
With that being said, I think Knaan will have tough time dealing with the public in Hargeisa. The locals find his music, his representation in western culture and all that he posses, very disgusting and disrespectful to their culture, religion and their "Somali" way of life. They actually think Knaan and his group are everything that is wrong with our youth in Diaspora. Simply dhaqan biis that needs very good dhaqan celis cultural asz whipping. They see everyday guys that look like him, dress like him and talk like him who are on the wrong side of the equation of success on the streets of Hargeisa. They will simply group him in that category just because of his “cultural” art form. I don’t think it’s fair but that will happen for sure.

Do I feel that way personally? NO.
I think he could be a spokes person for all Somalis. More like Wycliffe for Haiti. I think he’s incredible talent and new breath of fresh air.

Do the locals in Somaliland see it differently and disagree with my views regarding Knaan and his newly found culture in Hip Hop out here in the west? 100% YES

Do they have the rights to judge and reject him due to his career path? I don’t know.

ToughGong
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ToughGong » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:29 am

EXCELLENTLY PUT WALLAHI, GOOD ON HIM FOR HIS ACHEIVEMENTS, BUT LIKE YOU SAID
IT'S NOT FROM OUR MILLAH

hanad_mn
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby hanad_mn » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:36 am

K'Naan My azz. He didn't even visit those Somali Doctors and students in the Nairobi hospitals and all he does is to Visit Hadrawi for Music. somalization his hip hop

Paddington Bear
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Paddington Bear » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:54 am

K'Naan My azz. He didn't even visit those Somali Doctors and students in the Nairobi hospitals and all he does is to Visit Hadrawi for Music. somalization his hip hop
He's only a singer, not Sheikh Ul Islam president sheikh Sharif sheikh Ahmed. :mrgreen:

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:57 am

Hanad,

He will be performing at a Somali USO style concert for the Somali Armed Forces at the main barracks in Xamar.

yawle
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby yawle » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:42 pm

Well done to Knaan. No Somali singer feels complete without going to Hargeisa and getting approval from the Hoyga Fanka iyo Murtida Somalida. :up:

Xamari_76
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Xamari_76 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:32 pm

I think he'll make a good documentary.

Cinque Mtume
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Cinque Mtume » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:00 pm

I think Somaliland will get recognition now.

ModerateMuslim
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ModerateMuslim » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:05 pm

K'naan is the the only well known Somali we have that didn't get to where his at because his clit was chopped off
:lol: :lol:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.