Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Haile Selassie I. on Somalis/Somalia

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Oxidant
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Haile Selassie I. on Somalis/Somalia

Postby Oxidant » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:38 am

Question:
The future of the Somali peoples living in the territories bordering on Ethiopia under the rule
of the three powers has been the object of speculation in some foreign newspapers lately.
While some appear to have grasped the problems that have to be dealt with in the future,
they often make it appear as if the only solution lies in the permanent division of these
territories which is undoubtedly detrimental to all concerned in this region. What is the view
of Your Majesty in this all-important matter?

answer:
In the years following the Second World War several attempts have been made by politically
interested parties to create situations that would arouse our anxieties concerning the
Somalis living in the territories bordering on Ethiopia. What we see from time to time
appearing in some foreign newspapers is motivated by the same policy of preserving
self-interest by creating dissention and disharmony in this area which cannot be said to be in
the interest of the peoples of the region.

Our attitude to the Somalis who belong to the same race as the Ethiopian people and share
with them a common history, has always been crystal clear,
namely, that of supporting
everything conducive to their wellbeing and progress. It was in keeping with this policy that
we recently invited the leaders of United Nations Trust Somalia and had talks with them here.
our strong appeal to our Somali brothers is to be aware of those who, in the furtherance of
their self-interest, seek to plunge this area into chaos, thereby disturbing the peace that has
reigned in this part of the world for a long time. Much harm can be avoided by understanding
in time the real intentions of these self-seekers.

quote from Haile Selassie I- The Formative Years by Harold G Marcus;

As the awful prospect of war became evident, the emperor began planning Ethiopia's defenses. In May, 1935 he travelled to Harer, met with the Ogaden's Somali leaders, and raised the specter of racial war to enlist their support. He told his listeners:
"I am the emperor of all the blacks and all the blacks are my subjects," particularly those "currently enslaved by the whites in Somalia." All black men, the monarch contended, shared a responsibility to defend the black motherland from whites determined to "destroy your religion and mine, confiscate our goods, and place us under harsh discipline--incompatible with our love of liberty."

The_Emperior5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Suldaanka Guud beelaha reer Sheikh isxaaq Bani Axmed Bani Hashiim. In the republic of Soliziland

Re: Haile Selassie I. on Somalis/Somalia

Postby The_Emperior5 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:42 am

He was such a great man His majesty Emperor Haille Sellesie :up:

FHA1223
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby FHA1223 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:49 am

You are so stupid.

The_Emperior5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Suldaanka Guud beelaha reer Sheikh isxaaq Bani Axmed Bani Hashiim. In the republic of Soliziland

Postby The_Emperior5 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:50 am

Why do u hate the King of africa?

grandpakhalif
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby grandpakhalif » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:50 am

You are so stupid.
U sheeg waa amxaaro lover :lol:

Oxidant
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Oxidant » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:52 am

The_Emperior5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby The_Emperior5 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:01 pm

president cigaal in the back.

Oxidant
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Oxidant » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:08 pm

I was talking to my Ethiopian friend. I said to him "Ethiopia should restore the monarchy, since Ethiopian pride is at an all time low due to Zenawi's rule". Oh man, he got cut. He said "Hell no, over my dead body". Most Ethiopians hate this guys,

king of kismayo
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby king of kismayo » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:08 pm

has always been crystal clear[
god willing I will piss on top of selassie grave

qoraxeey
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby qoraxeey » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:21 pm

:down: :down: :down: :down:

i hate him :roll:

he imprisoned many somalis

bastardkaa :evil: .. the brittish gave him Ogadenia

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:26 pm

His Excellency Mengistu Haile Mariam helped end primitive feudalism & aristocracies under Haile Selaisse:
In this country, some aristocratic families automatically categorize persons with dark skin, thick lips, and kinky hair as "Barias" (Amharic for slave)... let it be clear to everybody that I shall soon make these ignoramuses stoop and grind corn!

Oxidant
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Oxidant » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:28 pm

His Excellency Mengistu Haile Mariam helped end primitive feudalism & aristocracies under Haile Selaisse:
In this country, some aristocratic families automatically categorize persons with dark skin, thick lips, and kinky hair as "Barias" (Amharic for slave)... let it be clear to everybody that I shall soon make these ignoramuses stoop and grind corn!
:lol: :lol:

Maybe because Mengistu Haile Mariam looked Bantu

Mengistu Haile Mariam was actually a good leader. He treated Muslims and Somalis better than Meles and Haile Selassie I.

qoraxeey
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby qoraxeey » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:29 pm

:x u are not caadi walle

calling amxaaro leader

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:32 pm

Oxidant,

Mengistu was a more shrewd and progressive leader than his rival in Somalia.

The most powerful act of Mengistu was to take the Ethiopian Airlines flight into exile when he saw defeat looming.

2ndtoNone
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby 2ndtoNone » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:34 pm

has always been crystal clear[
god willing I will piss on top of selassie grave
as muslims we are not suppose to do that to graves.

the good man mengistu of gaal maryam ditched Selasie's body in a toilet. imagine beign pissed on by smelly amxaaro for 15 yrs

certain jobs are best left for the gaalos to carry out.
Last edited by 2ndtoNone on Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.