Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Biography of Yusuf Haji Adan

Dedicated for Somaliland politics and affairs.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Siciid85
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Biography of Yusuf Haji Adan

Postby Siciid85 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:03 pm

removed image: virus - that site was hacked.

Our father, the late Yusuf H. Adan, was a national icon who cut his image as an educator, artist and a visionary freedom fighter, truly a beacon of the Somali Nation. Survived by ten sons, six daughters, forty grandchildren and five great-grandchildren, his was a life crammed with fascinating achievements although this had not gone into his head. On the contrary, humility and simplicity always remained his forte.
During our childhood in Hargeisa, it was not possible for us to contemplate the intricacies of the day-to-day life of that man who, together with mom, was the centre of our little, simple world. But, as we grew up, we became steadily intrigued in his endeavours.

As an educator, he was a disciplinarian and adapt organizer. At the same time, the artist in him was often pushed to the surface by his soft side that oozed out while he played with us – his children. Add this to the fact that although he had taken numerous risks in his political and professional activities, the wellbeing of the family always remained uppermost.

The man, whose devotion to his inclinations and responsibilities knew no bounds, was born in 1914 in the Hargeisa neighbourhood of Jamo-weyn. Hargeisa was known then as Herer from which he drew his alias “Yusuf-Herer.” By age 10, he completed his Quranic studies in 1924. Subsequently, he proceeded to the countryside in a bid to be steeped in nomadic culture and get good command of both the Somali language and literature – a fact that gave him the tools for turning out an accomplished poet.

In 1928, he was off to Sudan for formal education which was unavailable in British Somaliland Protectorate at the time. But, it took a decade before he emerged the only one among a bunch of compatriot students in Sudan to readily throw his weight behind the late Mohamoud Ahmed Ali’s drive to extend formal education to the protectorate. Thus, he attended a teacher’s training college after graduating from high school, coming back to Hargeisa in 1939, fully prepared for his role as a future educator-cum-co-founder of a system that would prove the spring-well of a nation thirsty for formal education. And in 1940, our father kick-started his teaching career, joining Mr. Ali as the only other teacher at the just established Berbera elementary school.

A year later, however, their ambitious plan to entrench the system they strove for had a setback. Dislodging briefly Britain out of the protectorate, Italy destroyed the Berbera school, the only institution of its kind in the protectorate. With the return of the British rule, Our father was transferred to the District Commissioner’s office in Hargeisa. But, no sooner had the new situation materialized than the duo opened Sheikh Bashir Elementary School in Hargeisa, the first center for formal learning planned and established by Somali educators. Civil servants at the time, both of them devoted their spare time to running the school, which they financed with their meagre salaries. The first lot of their students includes:

Dr. Ali Sh. Ibrahim, the first medically-trained doctor from Somaliland the first enrolled student of the new school. The late Ambassador Mohamed Hashi Abdi, the late Abdirahman Ahmed Ali, the First President of Somaliland, the late Mohamed H. Ibrahim Egal, the Second President of Somaliland, the late Suudi H. Adan, a teacher prior to his premature death in the 1958, and father’s younger sibling.

Our father’s political life took shape in the 40s. As he was still a student in Sudan in the 1930s, he had exposure to the anti-colonial revolutionary spirit of Almahdi whose long-drawn-out struggle took the British to task in Sudan before being defeated. So, with the germ of nationalism already in his blood by the time he came back to Somaliland in late1939, his determination to establish a political movement to rid Somaliland of colonialism was strong.

In 1943 he founded the first political organization, Somali National Society (SNS), in Somaliland. His pivotal supporters in this endeavour were: the late Yusuf Meygag Samater, the late Mohamoud Jama Urdoh, the late Mohamed Osman Fod and the late Abdulqadir Suldan Abdullahi, (who eventually replaced his elder brother, Suldan Rashiid) The SNS, however, was banned in 1945, being re-established on January 1st , 1946 in Burao before morphing into a political party called Somali National League (SNL) in 1952, which, eight years later, together with other political groups like the United Somali Party and the National United Front, enable Somaliland to wave bye to more than seven decades of colonial rule.

Thanks to his indefatigable political activism during that crucial period, the colonial government forcibly exiled our father to England in the same year as the SNL was born. Much to the chagrin of his tormentors, the move proved to be a blessing in disguise since it gave him to chance to further his education at Exeter University in the U.K.

With the advent of independence and unity between the protectorate and the former Italian Somalia, in July 1960, he opened the first Somali Embassy in the Arab World in Cairo, the Egyptian capital, as the Charger De Affaires. During his four-year sojourn in Cairo as a senior Somali diplomat, he continued his ceaseless struggle for educating more Somalis. Hence, he managed to create thousands of scholarships for Somali students from every corner in the Horn of Africa.

Other positions he held in the post-independence era include:
· 1964- 1970 the political councillor in the Somali Embassy in Khartoum
· 1972 the founder of the first Somali National Folklore Dancers to retain the cultural values
· 1972- 1977 Director of Heritage & Culture of the Ministry of Information & National Guidance in Mogadisho, Somalia
· 1978-1980 Advisor in the Academy of Arts in Mogadisho
· 1980-1984 Regional Director of the Ministry of Culture and Higher Education in Hargeisa
· 1988-1990 an SNM Warrior.
· Finally, June 2004, after a long stay in London, our father returned to his birth place, Hargeisa, where he peacefully passed away on February 15th, 2005.

Conclusively, it is not easy for a child, any child, to write about his/her parents. The task is more daunting when that parent is a national figure. Thus, I would like to wind up this piece with a very brief word to my father: “dad, you were one of a kind!”

Bio By the children of the Late Haji Yusuf Adan

Of legend and martyrdom: a letter to the Late Yusuf Haji Adan.

Dear Great One,

There are grim moments when the soul desperately needs to shed tears but the tears refuse to drop out of the eyes and roll down the cheeks because they know one’s grieve is too deep to be alleviated. Such dreadful experience is my lot this chilly, dreary winter evening when the air is empty of soothing, sweet bird songs and the thrilling rustle of tree leaves dancing to the tune of a gentle summer breeze.

Now, as I forcibly drag a reluctant, miserable body along a poorly lit Toronto back street, pulling a mournful, long face reflecting the intense pain gnawing the heart, a gripping flash back of a day in my childhood life forces itself into the forebrain:

It is a bright sunny Hargeisa day. A couple of evenings back, the city was blessed by “miraale” a heavy night rain storm. A large number of happy livestock in festive mood: bleating sheep and goats, mooing cows and roaring camels, with their little ones frolicking around them, throng the “Dooxa”, the dry water way at which Hargeisa valley bottoms.

Today’s scenario could well be as inviting: An overcast sky, together with the humid monsoon winds blowing across the Indian Ocean this time of year, promises more rain to further eliminate the traces of the past harsh “jiilaal”, the dry season. Thus, it is the kind of morning a spoilt brat like me would hate seeing his parents near his bed, especially if it is a school day.

Therefore, after a futile attempt in feigning sickness, my father, a no nonsense man and this morning’s target of my wrath, forces me to go to school. A few decades later, after realizing that I had the good fortune of seeing in the flesh a national icon, who happened to be you, at my school, I would be very grateful to him for having foiled my childish design.

Predictably, I clearly remember how things unfolded in that morning. I was taking the morning break when an Education Department lorry suddenly darted into the yard of my school as I played with some classmates. When the vehicle, which carried students from, Amood came to a halt, an energetic man jumped out of the front seat. From the excitement his appearance had stirred among the teachers and students, it was evident that he was a highly esteemed personality. And that personality was none other than you.

In fact, some vivid mental pictures of the occasion are still glued to the memory. More precisely, your pleasant face, strong and portly body, brisk steps, animated smile and friendly demeanour were a breath of fresh air. That is why, perhaps, a perennially quoted verse in your inexhaustible repertoire sprang into the head the moment I learned about your departure:

Just like a rain which graced a verdant land,
swept by the rays of a rising sun afterwards -
that is what you, indeed, are.

Yes! Vanity was never your ally. Even so, one can’t help getting the feeling that the foregoing lines aptly depict everything that you were during your sojourn in this dimension. That is particularly true if one, only for a moment, forgets the romantic twist too often given to them and reflects more upon the legacy of a giant who gave everything he had to people he selflessly adored.

As a founding father of modern education in the ex-British Somaliland Protectorate, one of the first freedom fighters the whole Somali nation ever knew, an accomplished artist, and a great visionary, you, indeed, were the “rain,” and “the rays” and “the rising sun” which, together, “graced” and “swept” the “verdant land”, the generations of human beings illuminated by the education system you had co-founded with another super hero, the late Mr. Mohamoud Ahmed Ali.
Of course, your unflagging determination and strong passion to educate your people are reflected not only by your deeds, but also by the literature you bequeathed to us to educate the average person about the virtue of education versus the devastating effect of ignorance. In this respect the following lines a make a deep impression on the mind

Right at the seat of ignorance
one get dehumanized
(Ignorance) is the neighbour of all the diseases unleashed by God
It has alliance with poverty, the killer of humans
Oh! Before our people become learned,
The heart bars me from the pursuit of wealth

One day, The love of education will dominate our kin
One day, The upcoming children will be helping hands for you
One day, this lot in Sheikh ,
Their influence , will envelope the land
One day, that ailing stomach will heal.

Today, as a bereaved nation whose heart is heavy with sorrow mourns the loss of yet another hero’s hero - you - several decades after the death of the late Mr. Ali, small wonder that the fruits of your ventures are scattered all over the globe and active in every sphere of human endeavour: they are parents, grandparents, academics, architects, businessmen, doctors, economists, engineers, politicians, scientists, soldiers teachers - one can continue ad nauseam.

If your profuse and undying imprints on the matrix constituting Somaliland is without comparison, your contribution to the wider Somali nation remains equally fascinating, to say the least. When the nationalist movement was just beginning to pick up in the former Italian Somalia, you made indefatigable efforts to alert the whole nation not only to the larking dangers of the day, but also the indispensable need for cooperation:

Oh, Somalis wake up!
Wake up! And lean upon each other
And at any given moment
do prop up the weak amongst you.

Britain occupied Hargeisa and its environs
Snoozing France is in Djibouti from where it (hiifaaye ) us
And further to the Haud
America pushed its scouting mission.
O, Somalis, do arm yourselves
You are encircled.

These are only an example of your revolutionary war cries at a time you were vulnerable as a colonial government employee, the only source of gainful work in Somaliland, then. Even in the post-colonial days, your unyielding commitment to concretizing the aspirations of the masses struck terror in the hearts of successive civilian governments, while the military dictatorship denied your right, to retire in Hargeisa, to keep an eye on you at closer quarters. Thus, you were always under the microscope of corrupt, immoral and ruthless regimes- a fact which drastically jeopardized your personal progress.

The many odds you faced in this world notwithstanding, thanks to your unshakable faith and tenacity, the ruthless ploys of the enemies of freedom and progress utterly failed to deter you from consistently pursuing your principles and harnessing your artistic and intellectual talents for the benefit of the nation.

That is why, o, great one, your departure have brought to a close a golden era in the historical annals of our people - an era in which urbanization widely spread, secular education flourished, and Somali nationalism peaked. It was also a period during which Somali art - theatre, music and singing - entered a new phase and blossomed not only to reflect what is beautiful in us but also emerged a deadly weapon in the hands of relentless nationalist like you.

Unfortunately, while your short-lived joy over the independence of Somaliland and Somalia which, eventually, proved hollow, and their subsequent ill-advised unity was tremendous, the sorry state to which things deteriorated no sooner than the aliens had left our soil was the last straw. Instead of inheriting a country basking in peace with citizens bound together by the warm spirit of universal brotherhood, the whole nation became rent by hatred, wrecked by oppression and unravelled by corruption - trends that spewed massive violence that eviscerated your grand dream of seeing the birth of Great Somalia one day!

All said, however, the gloomy situation which developed immediately after “independence”, is not without its silver lining: just like the sphinx, Somaliland rouse from its ashes and we regained our sovereignty. Thus, “Naaso Hablood,” are, once again, free to resume nurturing us as they did for all their children since time immemorial. Against this backdrop, O, the great one, although we have committed your body to dust, your spirit will never fade away since it is woven into the fabric of the nation!

So long great one.

By Mohamed Y. Urdoh

P.S

O, great one, before calling quits, I’ve got a question for you: remember that little stone you took from Somaliland when you were exiled to England in 1952, for your part in unleashing the Somali National League (SNL) By the by, where have you left it? Please tell me. I need it so badly. Well, I’m waiting to hear from you. Until such time, I will console myself with these lines of yours:

O, you, this stone,
Of consciousness and brain
You display none.
God who created you
Formed you in this way
Oh! My country and land,
Their intoxicating aroma (which you exude )
Indeed, I get it coming from you.

When Mr. Adan was exiled to UK in 1952, he took a stone from Somaliland to symbolize his country. One day, a British student at Exeter University, where the former was attending at the time, attempted to confiscate the stone, assuming Mr. Adan was worshipping it. This touched off a physical fighting between them. Mr. Adan wrote the poem from which the above-mentioned lines were extracted after recovering the stone.. The words in the brackets are implied.

HooBariiska
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Biography of Yusuf Haji Adan

Postby HooBariiska » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:16 pm

Yaa arxama, this man is one of the greats of the somaliland nation. ilaahay janadii farduusa ha ka waraabiyo, iyo intii horee dhimataybaa..

i want to read his last book - Geedii Nololeedkii. He was very intilligient
:sland: :sland: :sland:

Siciid85
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Siciid85 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:24 pm

Yaa arxama, this man is one of the greats of the somaliland nation. ilaahay janadii farduusa ha ka waraabiyo, iyo intii horee dhimataybaa..

Amiin, he also wrote many books & poems, inshallah i ll find the poems iyo the full versions of each book i am not sure if you can read them on online though.

HooBariiska
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby HooBariiska » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:33 pm

Amiin, he also wrote many books & poems, inshallah i ll find the poems iyo the full versions of each book i am not sure if you can read them on online though.
ok sxb, do u post what materials u can get your hands onto. I am not familiar with his poems, laakin i knw couple of his heeso, specially that big tune, Hargeisa

The_Emperior5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Suldaanka Guud beelaha reer Sheikh isxaaq Bani Axmed Bani Hashiim. In the republic of Soliziland

Postby The_Emperior5 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:37 pm

Great man ilahay ha u naxariisto qabriga ha u nuuro :sland: :up:

Siciid85
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Siciid85 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:00 am

Timocase, do you have a link of all his books that he wrote? i would like to subscribe to it.

Advo
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Advo » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:22 am

Never heard of him but interesting guy never the less

Siciid85
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Siciid85 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:13 am

Timocase here is some info about the book geedi-nololeedkii by his daughter Fawzia Yusuf Haji Adan.

Geeddi-Nololeedkii Yuusuf Xaaji Aadan Cilmi Qabile. 15/7/1914 Ilaa 15/2/2005. Taariikhdiisii Halgan ee Waxbarashada, Siyaasadda, Dhaqanka iyo Suugaanta Somalida. By: Fawsiya Yuusuf Xaaji Aadan. Daabacadii Koowaad, @ftahan Publishers, London, 2007, ISBN 978-0-9550274-1-3. By: Mj. Abdulkadir Dayib Askar.

Buuggaan Baryahaaba U Bu’ayey

“Geeddi Nololeedkii Yuusuf X. Aadan”
15/7/1914 Ilaa 15/2/2005
Taariikhdiisii Halgan ee Waxbarashada, Siyaasadda, Dhaqanka iyo Suugaanta Soomaalida

“Geeddi Nololeedkii Yuusuf X. Aadan”,
Fawsiya Yuusuf X. Aadan.
Daabacadii Koowaad, @ftahan Publishers,
London, 2007, ISBN 978-0-9550274-1-3.

Arar

Badanaa waxaad sugtood, saadaalisaa. U samirtoo, sibiq kugu soo galaa. Maba dheerayn’e, markaas uunbaan hadhimadii afka ka qaaday. Cadceeddoo kululaydna ka hadhso is idhi.Sariirtana isu gaad-bixinayaa. Waxaan isu soo melmelay, ilays si aayar ah ku saaqay guriga. Dhinacuu afaafku xigeyna u jeestay. Yaab! Ma cidkalaaba, illeyn waa wiilkaan aqal-wadaagta ahayn. Nabaddiino ka dibna, isagoo kolba kab saaraya, ayuu dhinacna iga leeyahay: “Oo saaxiib buuggaan inoo sido maanad arkaynba?” Intaan si miyir la’ u soo hinqaday, dhinaciisii u holladay. Mise waa buuggaan baryahaaba u bu’ayey “Geeddi Nololeedkii Yuusuf X. Aadan” oo Fawsiya Yuusuf X. Aadan ku fara-yaraysatay. Mareegaha Soomaalida ayuun baan ka dhaadi jiree, ma anaaba dhab u arkayba! Akhriste, maanta kaasaan wax inooga soo garoocdee, ee bal ila dhawr.

Muuqaalka iyo Magaca Buugga:

Buug baro dhaafiyey dhiggii iga dheh. Culayskiisaad ka garanaysaa inuu 213 bog yahay. Midabka buugga lagu shaqlay waxaa laga soo dheegtay kan cirka. Oo wax kale kuma garatid’e, dhaayaha caafimaad u ah. Meel badhtanka buugga ku beegan, waxay indhahaagu qabanayaan sawirka qurxoon ee loo soo xulay. Haa, waa Yuusuf X. Aadan , Ilaahay jannadutul Fardawsa ha ka waraabiyee, oo dhoolla cadaynaya, dibinta sarena la moodo inuu kor u faydayo. Gadh cad,muujinay aynigiisa, isku joogga, ka turjumaya dhaqan iyo diin jacaylkiisa, ayaa si habsami leh daamanka looga soo rogay. Shaarubaha qudhoodu kama tagsanee, way ku tirsan yihiin. In yar baa la moodaa inuu dhinac isu janjeedhinaayo. Koofiyad cadna si fiican madax ugu saran tahay. Lebiskuna kaba daran.

In badan baad maqashay qof halgamaa ah oo mood iyo noolba dalkiisa u huray. Yuusuf X. Aadan xannuun iyo xardhaamoba wuxuu lahaa kollayba dhadhami. Qoraha oo aan waxba heemina, bal aynu hareeraha haysano. Ma is weydiisay qoruhu tolow muxuu magaca buugga kula caashaqay? Haa hadday tahay, ku sinnaan 1968 ayaa Yuusuf oo Suudaan joogga is waraysanayaan nin ay halgan wadaag ahaayeen. Qoruhuna kamabuu fogayn! Yuusuf baa saaxiibkii weydiinaya goortay qorayaan waxay soo wada mareen. Ninkii baa ku jawaabay:“Waxaynu soo wada marnay, waxaa ka dambeeyey, waxaan soo maray.

Waxaanan horta wax ka qorayaa, ‘Dagaalkaygii Quraaradaha’.”Yuusufna markaasuu u sheegayaa inuu maagan yahay qoridda ‘”Geeddigii Noloshiisa”. Akhriste, ila garwaaqsatay, in aanu magacu bilaash ku bixine, madal iyo ammin go’an lahaa. Kaas bayna Foosiya Yuusuf X. Aadan dib u milicsatay, kanna dhabaysay.

Obocda Buugga:

Kolba meel ku hakanee, obocda ina gee ma I tidhi. Qoruhu wuxuu si farshaxannimo sare leh u tix-raacayaa barbaarintii hore ee Yuusuf X. Aadan. Yuusuf wuxuu ku dhashay Togga-Herer,halkaas oo uu kula baxay “Hereri”. 10 jir ayuu quraanka ku dhameeyey. Mar labaadna,12 jirkiisii ku idleeyey. Yaraantiisii isaga iyo wiil ilma adeer ahaayeen baa ka lumaya reerihii oo geeddi ah, iyaguna markale sii kala ambanaya. Gabalku markuu sii dhacayey, Yuusufna reerkii iyo raadba waayey, cabsina ka qabay habar dugaag oo barigaa arlada lagu ibtileeyey, ayuu geed dheer dhallada uga baxayaan, isagoo welibana qaydkiisii laan geedka kamid ah isu xidhaya, Bal waatan ibtilee, kaalay adba waraabayaal dad cunoobay ka hoos dhaqaaji! Markuu ka samato baxona, sidaasi kaga calool goynayaa miyi dambe iyo hadal qaadkiisba.

Yuusuf oo ku hanaqaadaya Hargeysa, wuxuu nasiib u helayaa inuu ka mid noqdo dufcadii saddexaad ee Suudaan wax ku soo barta sannadkii 1932. Wuxuu soo laabanayaa 1939kii, markaasuu Maxamuud Axmed Cali ,waxbarashada iyo abaabulkeed kula lamaanoobayaa. Dhib iyo hawlna ku mudanayaan. Xilligaas oo dadka dacar loo mariyey waxbarashada madaniga ah, wixii soo hadal qaadana gaallo loo nisbaynayey. Qofka horseed u noqdana “Jannaa dagtay” sidii daraawiishtii Sayidka la odhanayey.

Halkee wax laga bila bay hawli noqonaysaa? Horraantii 1940kii ayuu Maxamuud Axmed Cali barbarka qabsanayaa, oo dugsigii Berbera ka furnaa, 11 arday wax ugu dhigayaan. Shaqadii u horraysayna halkaas ka bilaabayaa. Yuusuf wuxuu ahaa nin dhallinyaro ah oo firfircoon oo ardayda jimcisiga ciyaarsiiya. Waaberi ay cadceedu soo baxayso ayaa Yuusuf oo ardaydii laylinaya, dad si xun loogu soo warramay, soo abbaarayaan dhankiisa. Nasiib darrona, waxay ku soo beegmayaan, carruurtii oo marna foorarsanaya, marna kacaya, dhinaca ay cadceeddu ka-soo-baxadana u jeeda. Run bay dadkii ula eekanaysaa warkii loo sheegay ee ahaa inay carruurtu cadceedaba caabudaan. Markaasaa hilfaha loo qaadayaa, dhagax iyo wixii la haleelana,lagu boobayaa. Dhaawacyo dhiig hoorana loogu gaysanayaa.

Markaasuu Yuusuf tixdani la magac baxday Dhaawac marinayaa:

“Waxba dhaawacyahow gacantan jaan dhiigga hay qubine,
Dharka ,shaadhka iyo macawisaha dheeh ha ii marine,
Ha I dhidhin, dhaawacna haygu dhalin oo dhib hay galine,
Dhallinyaro iyo waayeel tolkay dhagax ii qaadye,
Dhallaankuna ma hadho maalintay igu dhawaaqaane,
Anigana dhibtoodaa iiga dhigan dhayda caanaha’e,
Dhaar waxaan ku maray inaan waxbaro dhoof anoo jira’e”

Dhinaca kale, Maxamuud Axmed Cali iyo Yuusuf X. Aadan oo ahaa horseedkii waxbarashadan xadhkaha goostay ballaysimay, ma yarayn marnaba intay u dhabar adaygeen, ee ay dhawreen in dhallinyaro iyo waayeelba dugsiyada loo dhaqaaqo. Geed dheer iyo mid gaabanba waxay u fuuleen, in dadka fahamsiiyaan macnaha iyo ujeeddada waxbarashada si ay gumaysataha iyo xeeladihiisa dahsoon loo fahmo.

Marmarka qaarkood buu yaab ku dili gaadhayaa. Yuusuf iyo saaxiibkii Maxamuud waxay meel isla dhigayaan in mushaharkii ay ka qaadan jireen mustacmarka oo aan sidaas u buurnay inay meel isugu geeyaan. Waxay uga dan lahaayeen inay dhisaan cariish(markii dambena noqonaya dugsigii u horeeyey ee Hargeysa laga taago). Hawl yarna muu ahayne, dhidid iyo dheefba wuu u baahnaa. Cariishkaas oo albaabka iyo daaqaduhuba haawanayaan, wuxuu noqday dugsigii ay ka aflaxeen hoggaamiyayaashii dalkeena sida Cigaal, Tuur iyo qaar kaleba. Cariishkii waagaasi seeskiisu wuxuu maanta hoos maray meel ku aaddan barta garoonka kubbada kolleyga ee dugsiga hoose/dhexe Sheekh Bashiir.

Yuusuf iyo macallimiinta kaleba ma ahayn dad sidan caadiga ah tix amma tiraab ku haasaawa. Aayado Quraan ah ayey mararka qaarkood wax isugu tebin jireen. Waxaa dhacaysa in Yuusuf Ismaaciil “Gaandi” oo ahaa maamulihii dugsigii u horeeyey ee Burco laga yagleelo, uu dadkii kala kulmayo hantidaad iyo af-xumo joogta ah. Ardaydiisuna waxay dhaafi waayaysaa saddex arday. Ardayda qudhoodu ma ammaan heli jirin’e, markay dugsiga ka rawaxaan baa ullo dhabada loola sii istaagi jiray. Yuusuf isagoo arrintaasi ka niyad jabsan, go’aansadayna inuu isaga tago , ayuu warqad u dirayaa Yuusuf iyo qolooyinkii u Hargeysa ku ogaa, oo uu ugu soo qorayo aayado ku jira suuradda Nuux oo odhanaysa:“Rabbigaygoow habeen iyo maalinba dadkaygii waan u yeedhaa, yeedhmadiina firxad bay ka qaadeen.” Yuusuf wuxuu ugu jawaab celinayaa: “ U sabir siday u sabreen ulul-casmigu.” Wuxuu Gaandina ku soo jawaabayaa:“ Sabirnaa.”

Dhab ahaantii, Yuusuf X. Aadan wuxuu ahaa aftahan hadal yaqaan ah oo dareenkiisa marar badan suugaan lama illaawaan ah ku soo gudbiya. Mar loo qalqaaliyey inuu wax ka soo barto Jaamacadda Exeter ee cariga Ingiriiska, ayuu dhagax yar dalka ka sii qaadanayaa si markuu eegaba dalkiisa u xasuusto. Dhagaxii ayaa arday ay qol wadaag ahaayeen ka qarinayaa, isagoo moodaya inuu ninku dhagaxani yar caabudo. Muran iyo dagaal gacan hadal gaadhay ka dibna, dhagaxii maamulka jaamacaddu amar ku bixinayaan in dhagax si deg deg ah loogu celiyo. Isagoo markaasi dhagaxani yar la hadlayna wuxuu yidhi:

“ Dhagax yahow aqooniyo caqli kaama muuqdee,
Eebihii ku uumaa sidan kuu abuuree,
Arligiyo dalkiibaan kaa urinayaayoo,
Aroorta iyo fiidkaan marka aan ku eegaba,
Indhahay qabooboo uurkay samaadee,”

“Arday kugu ciyaaraa aadmiga dhammaantii,
Inaan kaa ilaashaan axdi kuugu qaadee
Iska ool agtaydaa naftaa ku ogolaatee.”

Qoraaga buuggu, Fawsiya Yuusuf X. Aadan, waxay kolba ina dhex mushaaxinaysaa waayo kala saansaan duwan. Yuusuf aqoonta oo qudha ma ahayn nin u xuubsiibtay, bal se wuxuu ahaa siyaasi ruug cadaa ah oo abaabulka iyo agaasinka dadkana billad sharaf ku qaadan karayey xilligani. Wuxuu ahaa asaasayaashii SNS(Somali National Society),markii dambena isu rogey SYL(Somali Youth League). Ururradani oo ahaa kuwii duufaannada daran ku kiciyey gumaystihii Ingiriiska. Yuusuf wuxuu ahaa nin midnimada ku diirsada, qabyaaladda iyo kala qoqobka dadkana ka dardaar weriya.

Marar badan haddii lays weydiiyo halkay waxan “idaacad” la yidhaa ka soo unkatay, markiiba Yuusuf iyo Iiman Dhoore ayaa maskaxdeenna ku soo degdegaya. Raadiyow iyo baahiye (mikirfoon) bay ku bilaabayaan. Raadyowga oo ay ka geyn jireen mawjadda “Raadyo Qaahira”, baahiyahana dadka ku gaadhsiin jireen, iyagoo turjubaanaya. Ulajeedadooda dadbani waxay ahayd in dadka la maqashiiyo dhaqdhaqaayada xornimadoon ee ka socda Carabta iyo Afrikada Madowba.

Mar kale, is-raacii lixdankii markuu dhacay,Yuusufna arkay Soomaali mid ah, calan qudhana hadhsanaysa, waxbarashadiina si fiican lugaha isugu taagtay, ayuu u baqoolayaa Masar iyo carro Carbeed. Wuxuu u digo-roganayaa diblomaasi. Halkaasoo uu noqonayo qofkii u horeeyey ee safaarad Soomaaliyeed ka fur dhul-carbeed. Wuxuuna sii haynayaa jagada Danjire. Waxtar bAadan oo leh deeqo waxbarasho iyo gacan qabasho kalena u geysanayaa dadkiisa.

Ku sinnaan 1972 waxaa loo magacaabayaa La taliyaha Akademiyada Cilmibaadhista ee Soomaaliyeed. Halkaasoo uu qayb weyn ka qaatay dhismihii dhaqanka iyo hiddaha. Wuxuu si gaar ah isaga xil saaray in dadka la baro ciyaaraha Soomaalida iyo dhaqammadii kala duwanaa ee Soomaaliyeed.

Qoruhu siduu inoo soo tebinayo, Yuusuf X. Aadan wuxuu ahaa qof damiir leh oo ka gilgishay dhaqan xumadii iyo burburkii nidaamkii Siyaad Barre horseeday. Wuxuu ka qayb qaatay halgankii xornimo-doon ee SNM sannadihii 1988 ilaa 1991. Qorigana wuxuu tunta u ritay isagoo 74 jir ah! Yuusuf noloshiisa intii dambe wuxuu ku qaatay qurbaha. Intuu halkaa joogayna wuxuu noqday guddoomiyihii u horeeyey ee SSUK( Somaliland Society in United Kingdom). Waxaa kale oo aan la hilmaamin karin, doorkii muuqday ee uu ku lahaa aasaaskii Jaamacadda Hargeysa. Halkaas oo uu ka qayb galayo dufcadii u horaysay ee ka qalin jebisa, isagoo saran kursiga taayirrada leh.

Ma hareer marin suugaantiisii ciiddaa iyo camaarkaa ka badnaa. Inkastoo inta la helayba koobnayd, halkaasina aan hoosta ka xariiqay, haddanna kama dhigna in suugaantiisii caanka baxday wax ka sheegno. Yuusuf X. AAadan wuxuu leeyahay gabayo murtidu ka dhibqayso, intase ugu doorka roon ee caan baxday, iyagoon kala dhicin, waa “Soomaaliyeey Toosoo” , “ Shacabkii Hargeysa” oo Cabdiqaadir Jubba ku luuqeeyo.

Qoruhu wuxuu hordhaca buugga ka dhigay gabayaashii wax ka yidhi odaygu markii uu noolaa iyo markuu xijaabtayba, ase anigu doorbidi lahaa in buugga lagu soo afmeero. Waxa xusid mudan in dhamaan gabayada loo tiriyey uu xaraf raacoodu (amma qaafiyaddoodu) ay ahayd xarafka “G”. Aynu soo qaadno meeriskan uu tiriyey Saleebaan Cumar Ku Joog, 1992:

“Wixii aad guddo iyo waxaad gashoba amma waxaad geyso, Gun ma nihin waxaad noo gashiyo gabay abaalkiiye,
Diiwaan ma guuraan ah buu galay warkaagiiye.”

Awoodaha Buugga:

Buuggani “ Geeddi Nololeedkii Yuusuf X. Aadan” wuxuu sheegtay tayo buugta kale uu dheer yahay. Waa marka hore’e,buuggani waraaqaha lagu daabacay oo ah kuwa biyaha iska cesha. Jaldiga buugguna wuxuuba ka dhigayaa mid muddo dheer laga faa’iidaysan karo. Ka sakow dul ahaantiisa, buuggani waxaa sida buugta casriga ah dhextaal looga dhigay sawiro qurxoon oo waqtiyo kala duwan ka turjumaya. Taas waxaa raaca waraaqo dhaxalgal ah,lagu lifaaqay buugga, oo hadaan halkani qoruhu inoogu soo gudbin lahayn, taariikh badan oo raasumaalka ummadda ahi ku lumi lahaayeen. Waxaanad marnaba ilaabi karin waa luuqadda buugga lagu qoray oo ah mid si fudud loola jaanqaadi karo mar kasta iyo meel kasta.

Waxaa ammaan iyo qadarinba mudan,Fawsiya Yuusuf X. Aadan oo intii laga filan karayey ka mug weyn. Qalinka Fawsiyi waa mid qaan gaadh lagu tilmaami karo, oo si farshaxan leh xilliyo kala duwan isugu xidhiidhinaya, oo ay adkaan lahayd in layskuba keenaa. Qoruhu wuxuu u babac dhigay oday maqaan sare inaga taagan , maamuus iyo milgaba lahaa, oo khadka qallinku dhamaanayo isagoon waxba laga odhan. Waajibkaana si fiican buu qoruhu u gudatay. Sida surmo seegtada ah ee ay buugga u abbaartay Foosiyi waxay hogu-tusaale u tahay qalinlayda kale ee ugubka ah, rag iyo dumarba, ee taariikhda ummadda inoo soo gudbiya.

Gol-jillicda Buugga:

Judhiiba waxay ishaadu qabanaysaa sida aan laysula helin magaca buugga ee jaldiga iyo ka gudaha (header) ee soo noqnoqayna. Waxaad mararka qaarkood xiisaha akhrista kala dhantaalaya khaladaadka higgaadeed iyo ka madbacadeedba. Tusaale ahaan, marar baadan waxaa ku joojinaya boggag badan oo cad-cad, oo aanay waxba ku qornayn. Aanse u qaatay, malahayga, inuu nuqulkaan helay uun ku koobnaa. Tifatir iyo hufnaan la’aanta ayaa ah caqbadaha ugu badan ee ay la dhutiyayaan buuggaagta af-soomaaliga lagu qoraa, ay se ahayd in fiiro gaar ah loo yeeshaa.

Dhinaca kale, qoruhu siduu sheegay buuggu wuxuu qaatay 20 sannadood. Mar hadayba qoraha iyo buuggu ammintaa dheer isu heleen, marnaba kamaynu filaynayn in suugaanta baaxadda leh ee Yuusuf X. Aadan ,35% laga helaa, inta la qorayna la gawl-gawlo. Inkastoo qoruhu ka afeeftay, oo buug dambe u ballaysimay in lagu soo ururiyo suugaantiisii, taasi noqon mayso mid dhab ahaan loogu qanci karo. Waxaanse ku calool fayoobahay, in uu daabacadaha kale ee buuggani talooyin badan qoruhu dhug u yeelan doono.

Gunnaanad:

“Geeddi Nololeedkii Yuusuf X. Aadan” waa dhaxal-gal dahabi ah oo aan marnaba inaga duugoobayn, kunna soo biiray maktabaddii saboolka ahayd ee af-soomaaliga. Buuggani wuxuu noqonayaa ilays u ifaya bulshada guud ahaan, tusayna meelaha fayow ee in la maro ay tahay. Waxaan ku tallin lahaa inuu buuggani noqdo mid ku nagaada guryaheena, si wax looga bildhaansado, loogana xusho murtida iyo waayaha adag ee uu xambaarsan yahay. Waa in manhajka dalka wax lagaga daraa si dhalinta maanta iyo dhallaanka baritaba ugu dhigtaan tusaale iyo yool ay ku hirtaan.

Kampala, Uganda.

HooBariiska
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby HooBariiska » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:13 pm

saciid, sxb i dont have any links, laakin i ordered a copy of that book from hargeisa, it will arive in may inshallah. I dont know / have any of his other works.

btw, i read in lots of places he wrote/co-wrote that somalia national anthem - somaliyey toosoo, do u knw if its true.

Dhaga Bacayl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Dhaga Bacayl » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:29 pm

ILAHAY ha naxariisto AMMAINN>

Shacabkii hargeysoo
shan habeen cirka miray
dhirat shaqal madoobiiyo

...I love that song!

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.