Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Universal TV

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Sir-Luggoyo
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Universal TV

Postby Sir-Luggoyo » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:09 am

As an old timer and a remnant of a generation gone, I always had reserved emotions and nostalgia for the mother land. Lately, I became technologically savvy and managed to hook my laptop to my plasma and started watching channels that are not available on mainstream cable connections, one of those channels is Universal TV, based in London. I was ecstatic, elated, thrilled and almost had a long overdue Somali orgasm when I heard the first af Somali broadcast on a TV screen.

However, my delight was "short-lived" by a bunch of unprofessional maryooley broadcasters who did not meet my expectations. Maybe I am accustomed to the world class broadcasting of the American TVs or maybe I had higher expectations from my Somali kins, but what is driving me nuts is the number of ridiculously presented advertisements. It seems as if every other two sentences, there is an ad about habar caaneheedu caanaha kale ka fiicanyihiin, or an Ikhwaan hotel in Eastleigh, or a jewelery store in Dubai, it's an endless torment of ads.

And then my favorite part, barnaamijka dalabaadka, ppl call from exclusively the Netherlands (don't ask me why) with scared voices as if they could be seen on the screen, and they give shout outs from their great gandma in the grave, to the newborn baby born in Jamaica.

Having said that, I still applaud the effort and relish the little I get from it.

Landhan

Re: Universal TV

Postby Landhan » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:23 am

Lol, hey they're are trying... and those adverts bring them a lot of dough do they not lol? Plus the little filimaan they show are actually quite funny. There was this one about the guy and his son who wanted to get married to the same chick...cut a long sheeko short.... the daddy persuaded the son to let the chick go so he could marry him. Lol, son was distraught and basically when the daddy guy went to ask the chicks mum for her hand, .once the mum caught site him (cue dramatic music at this point), she was like wtf, 'War this chick waa cunugaaga...long lost daughter blah blah" :lol: Very lame but still quite funny.

And the reason why most of the callers for that barnaamijka dalabaadka show hail predominately from Holland is beacuse that country contains a bunch of horny buggers who have a crush on the cute presenter. :oops:

djibsomali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby djibsomali » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:01 am

maantaa waxaa martee inoo ahaa prof, dr, haji, suldan hebel hebel.

Disgusting TV or what seems to be a TV

Sir-Luggoyo
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Sir-Luggoyo » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:01 am

a bunch of horny buggers who have a crush on the cute presenter. :oops:

I don't think she is that cute, dadkeeda ayay iskaga dhex jirtaa, but she presents her dalabaad program nicely.

How long was Uni TV broacasting? Any potential improvement? mise bartaasay joogi waligood

Basra-
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Basra- » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:22 pm

Sir lug

u r brave. :clap: I cannot watch that shid. uuuf, i am so used to professionalism and beautiful people and beautiful news studio set. :roll:

king of kismayo
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby king of kismayo » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:59 pm

political correct bullshit network :down:

Sir-Luggoyo
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Sir-Luggoyo » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:34 pm

Sir lug

u r brave. :clap: I cannot watch that shid. uuuf, i am so used to professionalism and beautiful people and beautiful news studio set. :roll:
Basra

I am sick and tired of being treated like a robot by our media, spoonfeeding me with bullshit and biased news, aimless violence, pedophilia and homosexuality being glamourized, I wanted some raw homemade entertainment that I can relate to, and this is the closest I can get.

I think I will stick with them for a while despite their short comings..................plus my Nigerian and Ghanian films :mrgreen:

Leila25
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Leila25 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:18 pm

Same old adverts, songs, majajilo. We only watch it for the news.

Basra-
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Basra- » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:21 pm

Sir lug

walaahi u r an amazing character. U highly interest me. I mean, i could put u in my labarotory and investigate u good! Loool U r very westernised yet not. You are traditional hardcore yet somehow u r not. U r smart yet u r not.(I am referring to your highly eloquent posts at least and balancing it with your passion for nigerian flicks) I mean--seriously---u r something else. :clap: :clap:

PS: What is up with your homophobia though? That is suspicious for me. By the way---have u ever heard of the character name Roy Cohn? :roll:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.