Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Those who lived/live in Saudi Arabia - Fact or Fiction

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Mr. Yungnfresh
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Those who lived/live in Saudi Arabia - Fact or Fiction

Postby Mr. Yungnfresh » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:43 pm

People already cleared up most of the myths, but one that still didn't get dispelled is that women can't enter the country without a Mahram. When I went to Sacuudiga, I saw women being let in without a Mahram, under the condition that they were older islaamo and were traveling together in a small group.

Also, you don't necessarily have to be Muslim to be let in, but you have to dress very modestly and almost appear Muslim in dress. Funny story, I was at the airport in Cairo waiting to board a flight for Jeddah, and there were these 3 Egyptian chicks waiting in the boarding zone wearing shorts and t-shirts. Almost everyone else was wearing hijaab/niqaab/khamiis/kufi, so they stuck out like a sore thumb. Anyways, we must have waited like 45 minutes before they began loading and checking our boarding passes...when it finally came to the Egyptian girls, the Saudi airlines worker checking the boarding passes just looked them up and down and shoo'd them away with a flick of his wrist lol. Ten minutes later, they came back wearing hijabs and cabaayads, and were allowed to board the flight :lol:

I still wonder what the hell they were thinking initially.

Enlightened~Sista
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Enlightened~Sista » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:46 pm

esis, are you against the islamic ruling regarding mahram

Cumar do you think I need a Mahrim to go to UNI or to go to Work? or to go and meet up with my friends?
Horta why is it every saudi or niqab topic you have the same characters spewing the same rubbish. I guarantee if I make a topic about saudi women wearing niqabs the first 2 replies will be ES and dibjirsomali :down: . Some next level anti arab cuqdad. Focus your energy on improving somalia and discriminate all you want :lol:
Nobleman, stop picking on me. BV asked a set of questions and I answered to the best of my knowledge. I'm tired of you attacking me at every given opportunity, do you want me to ignore you like Executive, granpakhaliif, Murax, Archer etc etc? Show me where I have ''discriminated'' ''insulted'' anyone in this topic as you claim. Bal i tus! Show me the ''rubbish'' I spewed. You can say I'm incorrect and correct me all you want but why should you feel the need to call my contributions rubbish? This is BlackVelvet's topic last I checked and I will contribute just like everyone else. I have friends who are from there who had to travel to the ends of the world, to be able to study in UNI, CHINA, MALAYSIA. These are SOMALI GIRLS ..extremely bright getting 95-98% , if UNI was an option for them in Saudi Arabia do you think their parents would have let them study abroad?

WestldnShawty, we are not talking about channels like MBC etc which are owned by wealthy SAUDI businessmen :!: We're talking about the STATE RUN Channels! Do not confuse the two please!
Last edited by Enlightened~Sista on Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Leila25
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Leila25 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:47 pm

WestLdnShawty, i think your friend can travel in and out of Saudi without Mahrem's permission because she is not Saudi, it is a different case for Saudi women.

udun
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby udun » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:48 pm

People already cleared up most of the myths, but one that still didn't get dispelled is that women can't enter the country without a Mahram. When I went to Sacuudiga, I saw women being let in without a Mahram, under the condition that they were older islaamo and were traveling together in a small group.

Also, you don't necessarily have to be Muslim to be let in, but you have to dress very modestly and almost appear Muslim in dress. Funny story, I was at the airport in Cairo waiting to board a flight for Jeddah, and there were these 3 Egyptian chicks waiting in the boarding zone wearing shorts and t-shirts. Almost everyone else was wearing hijaab/niqaab/khamiis/kufi, so they stuck out like a sore thumb. Anyways, we must have waited like 45 minutes before they began loading and checking our boarding passes...when it finally came to the Egyptian girls, the Saudi airlines worker checking the boarding passes just looked them up and down and shoo'd them away with a flick of his wrist lol. Ten minutes later, they came back wearing hijabs and cabaayads, and were allowed to board the flight :lol:

I still wonder what the hell they were thinking initially.
On the part of the Hijaab and muxrim conditions, Saudis are doing a good job :up:

HELWAA
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby HELWAA » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:49 pm

Young fresh

Hadad menopous gaadhey aka islaan you dont need a muhrim airportka.

Saudi arabia it's the best place to liv esp in jeddah where they're not so strict.I've great memories from there even though i was so young.
You dont need to drive Bv when you've ur own driver aka muhram.These arabs are so pervert it's not a good idea to go out alone.

Mr. Yungnfresh
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Mr. Yungnfresh » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:59 pm

Udun, I agree.

Helwaa, yeah I guess after a certain age they're allowed to travel without Mahram. I completely disagree though about Sacuudiga being the best place to live, with the exception of the historical significance in Islam and luxury of being in the vicinity of the Sacred Mosques. I used to think that until I spent a month there and realized the Arabs there are the most depraved human beings society's ever seen. I could write a book on the experiences I had and reasons why I hated 9/10 of the Arabs I came across there. If it wasn't for Islam, I'd be completely anti-Arabs. At the end of the day, Sacuudiga has to be considered the best place on Earth cuz of the two Holy Mosques, but living amongst those people is at the complete opposite end of the spectrum.

Enlightened~Sista
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Enlightened~Sista » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:01 pm

After 45+ they don't need Mahrem.

Enlightened~Sista
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Enlightened~Sista » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:03 pm

Udun, I agree.

Helwaa, yeah I guess after a certain age they're allowed to travel without Mahram. I completely disagree though about Sacuudiga being the best place to live, with the exception of the historical significance in Islam and luxury of being in the vicinity of the Sacred Mosques. I used to think that until I spent a month there and realized the Arabs there are the most depraved human beings society's ever seen. I could write a book on the experiences I had and reasons why I hated 9/10 of the Arabs I came across there. If it wasn't for Islam, I'd be completely anti-Arabs. At the end of the day, Sacuudiga has to be considered the best place on Earth cuz of the two Holy Mosques, but living amongst those people is at the complete opposite end of the spectrum.

Now let's see Nobleman, Murax and Cumarlabasuul call you names! :roll:

DisplacedDiraac
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Nobody said it'd be easy.. they just promised it'd be worth it...

Postby DisplacedDiraac » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:05 pm

WestLdnShawty, i think your friend can travel in and out of Saudi without Mahrem's permission because she is not Saudi, it is a different case for Saudi women.

You mean ones with citizenship? Or only native Saudi females.. :?

Anyway, why just focus on Saudi though.. When I was in Oman they refused this woman entry at the border because she didn't have a Muhram.. & she even asked my bro for help :lol: :|

ciyaal_warta
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ciyaal_warta » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:12 pm

the reason women dont drive is not they are in capable of doing that its just for their own safety since most of arab population male are perverts (ilaa man ra7m rabi) as Helwa said and why do u need all the hustle one a male in fam can drive u any where u want

*Nobleman*
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby *Nobleman* » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:12 pm

Nobleman, stop picking on me. BV asked a set of questions and I answered to the best of my knowledge. I'm tired of you attacking me at every given opportunity, do you want me to ignore you like Executive, granpakhaliif, Murax, Archer etc etc? Show me where I have ''discriminated'' ''insulted'' anyone in this topic as you claim. Bal i tus! Show me the ''rubbish'' I spewed. You can say I'm incorrect and correct me all you want but why should you feel the need to call my contributions rubbish? This is BlackVelvet's topic last I checked and I will contribute just like everyone else. I have friends who are from there who had to travel to the ends of the world, to be able to study in UNI, CHINA, MALAYSIA. These are SOMALI GIRLS ..extremely bright getting 95-98% , if UNI was an option for them in Saudi Arabia do you think their parents would have let them study abroad?
Firstly apologies if I offended you, that wasnt my intention. Secondly I noticed you seem to have a strong anti arab attitude and you tend to attack anything Islamic i.e. muhram ruling or anything Arab. I personally find that offensive and just reacted accordingly.

Lastly as Somalis we should be the very last people to complain about human rights, freedom etc. Not only have we destroyed a country, but made much of the wildlife extinct and even worse killed and destroyed a generation of other somalis. Therefore if you care so much about global injustices, start off at home.

Mr. Yungnfresh
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Mr. Yungnfresh » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:14 pm

ES, please leave me out of your spats with other members. I was speaking purely about their dabeecad and things I personally witnessed myself. No one gets a free pass just cuz they're Arab or any other ethnicity, and I was just calling a spade a spade...I don't think anything I wrote was offensive so I don't see why anyone would have a problem with it since it was the truth.

Leila25
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Leila25 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:16 pm

Westldnshawty, you have to be native Saudi to hold citizenship, what is your friend's nationality. The thousands of women who are maids in Saudi do not arrive or leave without Mahram i am sure, but Saudi women are considered special by the laws of their country and need permission from guardian to travel, seek education etc because they are considered dependents.

SultanOrder

Postby SultanOrder » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:16 pm

This topic is pointless. There are people who are biased against the sucuudi and those are biased for it. Sucuudi has a lot of problems, but they also have a lot positive sides. I wouldn't blame the shariah for the way they are. They are trying to prevent a lot of things within the country, rapid development is not very easy to deal with, and you have the west's influence coming at you from every side it isn't any wonder those in charge are dragging their feet. Yet it is not as monolithic in terms of how the establishment see's the status quo, there are winds of change, people with drastic different opinions, liberals, conservatives and in between.

ciyaal_warta
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ciyaal_warta » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:18 pm

Udun, I agree.

dude its a known fact everytime u get closer to holly city of mecca pple get worse and worse...the most known tarek alsalat are from mecca...as arabs say when they want to describe pple of hijaz " Athhar makan wa anjas naas" which means the most sacred land with dirties pple (ilaa man ra7m rabbi)
Last edited by ciyaal_warta on Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.