Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Somaliland Joins IGAD conference for the first time in Djib

Dedicated for Somaliland politics and affairs.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Somaliland Joins IGAD conference for the first time in D

Postby Khalid Ali » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:29 pm

What is wrong with a fishery agreement between Somaliland and Djibouti and if Djibouti support Somalilands observer membership in Igad i welcome that.
its not like Djibouti is a hostile Country they are our neighbor we must engage with all of our neighbors :up:

Jaamac1975

Postby Jaamac1975 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:32 pm

For what just to have few pictures of your "IGAD" palacard so you can pertend you are doing something for the poor of Hargaysa and Burco??. The agreement was not worth it, renting out Zaylac , coast and water all included for 1 day kid-to-work program is silly and childish.

skywalker25
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Maxamud Saleebaan Xirsi;''Xafashkiyo intaad boonta Gedo soo xodxodanayso''

Postby skywalker25 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:46 pm

Somaliland didn't get their through lobbying , somaliland sold/rented its Zayla coast to Jabuti. When Big Face Duur and Mr Mandaqada went to Jabuti earlier this year they signed an agreement with Jabuti giving the coast and some water wells in Zaylac region for 1day/2day observer vacation at the IGAD meeting. This the kind of politics that is touted as great-leap-forwad. But Jabuti is laughing at us.
Sxb, its a compromise but one that we must accept in order to move forward. The Djabouti government is a constant thorn and has never done enough of what was expected of them. They have instead over the years been constantly anti somaliland in almost every regard. They like Ethiopia have benefited greatly from our just struggle. Considering these Mother fokcers wouldn't be independent today if it wasnt from the help the people of Somaliland provided them in their hour of need. It does leave a sour bitter taste in the mouth. One must understand though, what goes around comes around. Soon those dark pygmies will be dying of thirst in that dry hell of theres and running over their border only to be met by a fence with 50 volts and 20 amps. Bake them. :lol:

Jaamac1975

Postby Jaamac1975 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:30 pm

skywalker,

But the agreement is win win for them they have the right to fish on somaliland water (for an undeclared period of time, with no limit or fishing quota , and no regulation on regarding the ways of the catching ) plus since Jabuti underground water is limited they were given the right to dig wells in somaliland and pipe it to Jabuti.

All that for what?? to have 1 IGAD cermonial session where we took a picture of a our desk , chair and the somaliland sign and flag. skywalker make no mistake this is not a permenant sit at all , as far as i know its only 1 time and thats is in Jabuti, thats it. Does that worth it , any sane man would say 100% no.

I forgot to add one keen observation , notice how close we are sitting joined at the hip like a Simes-twins. this is a sneaky way of Cumar Geele telling us we have outplayed you, you are still part of somalia and the deal is done, and its only 2 days sitting by somalia , for unlimited billions in fish stock.

SultanOrder

Postby SultanOrder » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:55 pm

Jamaac, do you have any links or sources that show us what the treaty exactly states?

Jaamac1975

Postby Jaamac1975 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:59 pm

No there was only one video few months ago where Duur and the foreign minister met Jabuti's interrior minister and one short press conference where the Jabuti minister announced the agreement both fishing and water, in fact the somaliland party didn't like the agreement to get out to the somaliland public, they wanted to shift the attention to the "2 day observer" IGAD status they supposedly have gained.

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:08 pm

Jamac i know the meeting you are talking about it was when Duur and Dr bidaar met with the Djiboutian foreign minister in Djibouti and the Foreign Minister of Djibouti said we signed a fishery contract with Somaliland and we support Somalilands observer status in Igad. There was a video its seems to be removed from you tube now it was broadcasted on Djibouti tv.

I dont mind though if this agreement leads to full observer status in Igad Djibouti getting some fish doesn't bother me as long as the job is done if not its a waste.

SultanOrder

Postby SultanOrder » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:17 pm

Jamac i know the meeting you are talking about it was when Duur and Dr bidaar met with the Djiboutian foreign minister in Djibouti and the Foreign Minister of Djibouti said we signed a fishery contract with Somaliland and we support Somalilands observer status in Igad. There was a video its seems to be removed from you tube now it was broadcasted on Djibouti tv.

I dont mind though if this agreement leads to full observer status in Igad Djibouti getting some fish doesn't bother me as long as the job is done if not its a waste.
Khalid, what Jamaac is saying is that there is no indication whatsoever that this will lead to full observer status. On the contrary, he notes the short duration that Somaliland will be seated in the meeting, and highlights that against the type of treaty signed giving unlimited access to Somali waters, and underground water. He is saying Somaliland got duped big time for zero benefit.

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:21 pm

Khalid, what Jamaac is saying is that there is no indication whatsoever that this will lead to full observer status. On the contrary, he notes the short duration that Somaliland will be seated in the meeting, and highlights that against the type of treaty signed giving unlimited access to Somali waters, and underground water. He is saying Somaliland got duped big time for zero benefit.

I know but we do not know the exact agreement on paper who knows because all we heard was that the foreign minister of Djibouti said that his country supports SL observer status in igad , remember igad observer status doesn't equal full recognition so its worth trying fish for observer status. :D :up:

PS We do not consider our waters Somali waters its Somaliland waters

Siciid85
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Siciid85 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:24 pm

I don't know about the precise agreement if true though it is no biggie as the Zeylac area settled by Cisse/Dir are the same people who settle on the other side in
Djibouti. I don't see it as a big deal, since Awdal is known for being unloyal region to JSL at times anyway.

SultanOrder

Postby SultanOrder » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:27 pm

and highlights that against the type of treaty signed giving unlimited access to Somali waters, and underground water.
PS We do not consider our waters Somali waters its Somaliland waters
Freudian slip I swear :D

:lol:

Jaamac1975

Postby Jaamac1975 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:29 pm

Khalid,

You are very naive dude indeed, do you know what IGAD means? You can never ever gain a permenant status with out recognition, so you are giving out your fish for mirage and 2 days acting like you ar recognized . What you are saying is we will give out fishing rights (wich will earn Jabuti millions) in the hope that in the future we might get recognize?? what does your recognition has to do with your fish, or even observer status , its not like somaliland gave a speech advocating for a recognition , the entire meeting was about some duboius "development work-shop".

Jabuti sponsored somaliland only for 2 days , its like kids-to-work day where you take your childern to work 1 day of the year, that doesn't mean your child is hired.

Its a publicity stunt by the useless Somaliland elite who are just trying to entertain the imaginations of the poor somalilanders, its reminds me of the story of the mother cooking rocks to put her starving childern to bed , telling them, be meek dinner will be served soon, till they fall a sleep, like Khaalid, hungary again.

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:36 pm

Khalid,

You are very naive dude indeed, do you know what IGAD means? You can never ever gain a permenant status with out recognition, so you are giving out your fish for mirage and 2 days acting like you ar recognized . What you are saying is we will give out fishing rights (wich will earn Jabuti millions) in the hope that in the future we might get recognize?? what does your recognition has to do with your fish, or even observer status , its not like somaliland gave a speech advocating for a recognition , the entire meeting was about some duboius "development work-shop".

Jabuti sponsored somaliland only for 2 days , its like kids-to-work day where you take your childern to work 1 day of the year, that doesn't mean your child is hired.

Its a publicity stunt by the useless Somaliland elite who are just trying to entertain the imaginations of the poor somalilanders, its reminds me of the story of the mother cooking rocks to put her starving childern to bed , telling them, be meek dinner will be served soon, till they fall a sleep, like Khaalid, hungary again.

Igad is a regional east african body Somaliland attending major conferences whether its about health care or hygiene or international bank we want access to the international community lobbying at igad will come ,is was the first one we are taking baby steps in the right directions it will take a while. But being in the club not as a full member but being in the club already means something jamac . As for the Fish it was not like we were exporting our fish to other countries or were building tuna factories let the Djiboutian neighbors fish and lets us get access to these regional bodies. Our question of statehood must be raised at regional level and that's what the govt is doing right now we have less enemies (countries) hostile towards our cause in the region now is the time to strike. As for you're last comment :lol: :lol:

Jaamac1975

Postby Jaamac1975 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:40 pm

Great job , give them the fishing right of Berbera for another 2 days as "observer" and at that rate somaliland will be Cumnar Geel's property in a week, and there you will gain your recognition by been part of Jabuuti.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.