Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Father's drug use can affect unborn baby

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
bluelovelady
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Father's drug use can affect unborn baby

Postby bluelovelady » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:40 am

[urlhttp://narconon.ca/blog/substance-abuse/effects-baby-father-drugs-conception-takes-place.html][/url]
It has been well documented that a Mother who uses drugs while pregnant can mean irreversible damage to a baby. Studies are now showing that a Father who uses drugs at the time of conception can also have negative, even life-threatening effects on the child. While a Father’s drug use cannot cause addiction in the child, it can mutate the DNA which has a direct result on the physical and mental capabilities of the child.

Deformities and retardation can be the result of the Father’s drug use. For years, the Mother was always assumed to be responsible when there was a child born with a deformity or reduced brain function. It is now known that is not always the case. Even if the Mother is drug-free, if the Father uses drugs, it can affect the child. The scope of problem has not yet been realized. Increased deformities have been established but studies are still ongoing.

Drug use or alcoholism by either parent can be detrimental to a conceived child. The Father’s role in birth defects as a result of drug use is being studied widely now. Young people are diagnosed with more and more mental and physical disorders which may be the direct result of the drug use of the Father. Mother’s who use drugs or alcohol while pregnant are now being brought up on criminal charges if the child is born addicted or with a disability. The time will come when the Fathers are brought in and tried for their role in a child’s disability. The responsibility must be fairly divided.

The DNA from both parents determines who the child is. Their eye color and their body formation all come from the combined DNA. A Father who is alcoholic or drug addicted at the time of conception may pass on inferior DNA to the child. This can result in a miscarriage, child deformities and retardation as well as documented cases of other troubles. It was once believed that alcohol or drug use would or could not effect a fetus, but it is now known that it can and does. In fact, any drug or alcohol use by the father within several months of conception can lead to a negative, even deadly effect on the baby.
http://narconon.ca/blog/substance-abuse ... place.html

Arabmann
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Father's drug use can affect unborn baby

Postby Arabmann » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:55 am

For drug users/addicts, the damage isn't confined to you. At the very least, do your future child a favor and get sterilization (vasectomy, etc).

Tuushi
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Tuushi » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:58 am

For drug users/addicts, the damage isn't confined to you. At the very least, do your future child a favor and get sterilization (vasectomy, etc).
Isnt it just easier to get off the drugs if u want children?

Alphanumeric
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Alphanumeric » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:59 am

Makes sense.
Uhm, thinking you worded that wrong.

Arabmann
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Arabmann » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:09 am

Certain drugs, once hooked on, it's nearly impossible to get off. Relapsing is a certainty. Also, certain drugs, once you pass the limit, you become irreparably damaged (including physiologically).

Tuushi
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Tuushi » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:12 am

Certain drugs, once hooked on, it's nearly impossible to get off. Relapsing is a certainty. Also, certain drugs, once you pass the limit, you become irreparably damaged (including physiologically).
I dont think damages done on the father are passed to the unborn child.

True,long term use of many hardcore drugs make permanent changes in the brain but i wonder if those are really passed down. :|

relapse is very possible but technically,this is just abt the time of conception.

Alphanumeric
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Alphanumeric » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:17 am

True,long term use of many hardcore drugs make permanent changes in the brain but i wonder if those are really passed down. :|

relapse is very possible but technically,this is just abt the time of conception.

If a substance can damage sperm cells, seems reasonable to suggest the damage can be passed on. Diet has a direct effect on male fertility. Why not quality? The only question is if a substance has that effect.

Tuushi
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Tuushi » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:24 am

If a substance can damage sperm cells, seems reasonable to suggest the damage can be passed on. Diet has a direct effect on male fertility. Why not quality? The only question is if a substance has that effect.
Never thought of it that way.

Usually,the first finger points at the mother because she carried that child longest.When speaking of effects of alcohol,it is the mother that is told to stop smoking,drinking alcohol months ahead while planning for a pregnancy.

Makes sense.

ZubeirAwal
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: No one feels safe from hypocrisy except the hypocrite.

Postby ZubeirAwal » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:29 am

By 'drugs' do they also mean cigarettes?

Arabmann
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Arabmann » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:42 pm

It also affects sperm quality.

ZubeirAwal
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ZubeirAwal » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:35 pm

My father's been smoking for some time and he's had 7 healthy sons , including me, so that theory's busted. :lol:

Arabmann
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Arabmann » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:04 pm

My father's been smoking for some time and he's had 7 healthy sons , including me, so that theory's busted. :lol:
I pray that Allah keeps you all healthy. Advise your relatives who smoke to quit it; if not for health reasons, for Islam.

ZubeirAwal
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ZubeirAwal » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:16 pm

I pray that Allah keeps you all healthy. Advise your relatives who smoke to quit it; if not for health reasons, for Islam.
Don't give me advice I do not need nor want it.

Alphanumeric
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Alphanumeric » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:18 pm

Don't give me advice I do not need nor want it.
Don't step on rusty nails.

TeAmo
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: STOMP STOMP STOMP was the noise the fat little troll made.

Postby TeAmo » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:20 pm

Seriously I don't get Somali fathers who smoke my friends father also smokes. Isn't this bad influence on their kids? Doesn't it tempt you to also smoke? I know for a fact if my father smoked my brothers would too.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.