Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

IHUP in Mogadishu

what's happening now.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
PrinceDaadi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

IHUP in Mogadishu

Postby PrinceDaadi » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:17 pm

iHub is a coworking space and business incubator in Nairobi that was started in March, 2010 by Erik Hersman a renowned blogger, TED fellow and entrepreneur. Situated on the 4th floor of the Bishop Magua Centre on Ngong Road, the iHub provides a space where young entrepreneurial members can receive mentorship, Internet connectivity and the possibility of venture funding through connections with the international venture capital community. The iHub has been called the "unofficial headquarters of Kenya's tech movement".

The space is a tech community facility with a focus on young entrepreneurs, web and mobile phone programmers, designers and researchers. It is part open community workspace (co-working), part vector for investors and VCs and part incubator.

Funding for the iHub comes from the Omidyar Network and Hivos. The lease is covered by Ushahidi and the 20mb internet connectivity is covered by Zuku. Wazi WIFI has also installed free WIFI.
http://www.ihub.co.ke/pages/home.php

In Somalia, large number of the youth do graduate from universities where they received poor quality education,they are ill equipped and ill prepared to the job market, what is more since there r no large companies in the country they dont see the kind of examples and case works which is in the university text books. Many of them are confused, after many yrs of education, draining their family's meager resources the local job market dont welcome them which caused many in ey tahriibaam.

because Of the issues i mention above, IS IT possible it setup an IHub centers in Mogadishu and other towns which will provide space where young graduates can meet, exchange ideas and network, it will also house a library and provide free WiFi internet? and if it is what name can we give it?

I m not still sure we can give them or get for them mentorships.

IRONm@N
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: IHUP in Mogadishu

Postby IRONm@N » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:06 pm

I thought you mean IHop, the pancake house, I was so happy.

Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Murax » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:49 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Me too

ElfRuler
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby ElfRuler » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:04 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Me too
Me three.

IHop this Wednesday! :D :up:

OliveOil
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: I walk this empty street on the Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Postby OliveOil » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:44 am

lol
I really thought u meant iHop :lol:

Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Murax » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:23 am

Elfruler, IronMan,

Classic Buttermilf with hot syrup, breakfast of champions :up: :blessed:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.