Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gabay,Geeraar, saar, Guurow iwm.

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Anarchist
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen
Location: Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow!

Re: Gabay,Geeraar, saar, Guurow iwm.

Postby Anarchist » Sun May 26, 2013 10:44 am

@Lama. I was listening to NPR a few weekends ago when I stumbled on the following & was instantly transported back to Xamar in 1989/1990. :lol:

http://www.npr.org/player/v2/mediaPlaye ... =181418999

I didn't know Dur Dur had just released an album. Here's a decent review of their new album & a soundbite from one of the songs called "Dooyo".

http://soundcolourvibration.com/2013/05 ... um-review/

Iftin had nothing on Dur Dur. Shareero & Dur Dur were always ahead of their time.

X.Playa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby X.Playa » Sun May 26, 2013 10:53 am

BTW, Khalid, is this the Sayid's voice?

This is my favourite Sayid Maxamed Poem.

No thats Daahir Afqarshe one of sickest of hate mongers and Afweyne probagandist. One should not make a cattle robbery into a nationalistic event, the entire poem is about robbing a clan out of their stocks killing women and childern and when the British Camel Police try to rescue the stocks of the people Koofil got killed... so ethically Koofil was the hero and the Mullah and his probagandist were the theifs.

Lamagoodle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lamagoodle » Sun May 26, 2013 10:56 am

Mahadsanid waan aqrinayaa.

Great band; Dur dur.
One of my favourite is this one with Baastow:

Do you remember that Dur Dur band used to have an Italian, Mukhtaar Ramadaan Idi and Jerry?

Lamagoodle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lamagoodle » Sun May 26, 2013 10:59 am

No thats Daahir Afqarshe one of sickest of hate mongers and Afweyne probagandist. One should not make a cattle robbery into a nationalistic event, the entire poem is about robbing a clan out of their stocks killing women and childern and when the British Camel Police try to rescue the stocks of the people Koofil got killed... so ethically Koofil was the hero and the Mullah and his probagandist were the theifs.
I don't know the background but this poem is celebrated as a master piece of the somali emancipation struggle. Was Dahir Afqarshe the vocalist? was it written by the Sayid and read by Afqarshe?

Anarchist
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen
Location: Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow!

Postby Anarchist » Sun May 26, 2013 11:03 am

Haa saaxib Hawl wadaag -iskoolka agtiisa, suuqa mijiska gadaashiisa- odeyaasha kabaha falaarta ku tuuri jirey.

Gurigeena wuxuu ka soo horjeeday reer qalqale iyo odeygii lahaa caasiyaasha (Amal aabaheeda) meesha bohosha camal ahayd;

Hawlwadaag waay shidneeydey; Baar Bekin, Tokyo, jidka dabka ka imaado; Ma xasuusataa guriga Maryan Mursal walaasheeda? farmashiga hanti wadaag?
Maalin dhexdaas ah aan sawiradaan fiirinaayay, markaas soo xasuustay xaafadii. Ceel Hindi iyo degaandaga Cali-Caliyoow meesha ma ka aragtaa? Sawirka ugu horeeyo si fiican u fiiri, saraha gadaashooda xaafada ka muuqato ma aqoonsatay? You're right in that H/Wadaag weey shidneyd. You forgot to add Baar Aaran to your list though, it was near Iskoolkii Birimo Luulyo, & not too far from Baar Bulsho.

Whatever became of Beerta Daraawiishta and Baar Bulsho? When was the last time you were there?

Here's the link:

http://radiomuqdisho.net/daawo-sawirrad ... gu-qabtay/

Didn't Jerry leave Dur Dur for Iftin at some point? Baastoow was a cool singer. D'you recall Qoomaal?

Lamagoodle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lamagoodle » Sun May 26, 2013 11:10 am

Mahadsanid Anarchist. Walee meeshu waay isbedeshey!!! Taalada Sayidka miyaa wax meesha ka muuqda? do you remember the Harqaanlaha sayidka ka soo horjeeday? Baar Buulsho miyaa la iloobi karaa? Beerta xuriyada .- iyo ururka bisha cas ilaa iyo ceel hindi - ilaa iyo hoosta sarta xaashi weheliye (near cariif).

Cali Caliyow dad badan oo saaxibo ah oo aan kala dhunay ayaa deganaa; ABBA, RITA, Saciid, reer maxamed siyaad.Barre Derbiye

I am nostalgic.
Yes, I remember Qomaal. Did you know that Baastow and Ahmed shariif Killer are brothers? Baastow sung a wonderful song called EEDAAN LA YAABE ARXANKEEDA U DARANAA.

P.s. sayika hoostisa waxaa deganaa nin wasiir ah, Axmed Xabiib, gabadho yar yar oo qurux badan buu lahaa; habeen ayuu nagu dalbaday askar waardiyeeyneysa.... I still remember the mom using "lamagoodlayaasha gurigeeyga ka celiya" :lol:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.