somali president speech at Melez memorial service

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

SecretAgent
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Posts: 4824
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:58 pm
Location: east south west north

somali president speech at Melez memorial service

Post by SecretAgent »

http://boramanews.com/index.php?option= ... &Itemid=53

Its been 1 year since da death of Melez
User avatar
Insomniac
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Posts: 3255
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:57 am
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: somali president speech at Melez memorial service

Post by Insomniac »

WTF? Melez died? How come it wasn't on the news? How come there isn't a civil war in Ethiopia? Wth?
User avatar
Gabre
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Posts: 1642
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:52 am
Location: Shores of Eretz Ogadenia, making aliyah
Contact:

Re: somali president speech at Melez memorial service

Post by Gabre »

AfroBro wrote:WTF? Melez died? How come it wasn't on the news? How come there isn't a civil war in Ethiopia? Wth?
He died a year ago. It was all over the news, dignitaries from dozens of countries came to pay their respects (including all the Somali maamuls).

Why would civil war happen, this isn't Somalia lol.
User avatar
Insomniac
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Posts: 3255
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:57 am
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: somali president speech at Melez memorial service

Post by Insomniac »

Shit Gabre, you are an Amxaar? I don't know man. I never heard about it and I practically read a paper or two every couple of days. How disrespectful though, to not get reported like they are doing for Mandela. :lol: I don't know about civil war, people posting here used to say that without Meles at the helm, the ship would sink. Also, I don't take too kindly to your disparaging remarks about Somalia.
User avatar
Gabre
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Posts: 1642
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:52 am
Location: Shores of Eretz Ogadenia, making aliyah
Contact:

Re: somali president speech at Melez memorial service

Post by Gabre »

War nin Soomaaliyeed baan ahay.

You must have been under a rock to miss the non-stop coverage for days of all the funeral and grieving ceremonies. I'll put up some images and video later.

Somalis, especially from what I read on Somalinet don't have a clue about Ethiopia. Again this is not Somalia :lol:
User avatar
Insomniac
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Posts: 3255
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:57 am
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: somali president speech at Melez memorial service

Post by Insomniac »

Mate, there wasn't even a single mention on all the papers I read. Even if it wasn't front page material, they should have at least covered the death for a few days but no, not even a squeak. Mandela, who isn't dead, gets more coverage. :lol: Maybe it was extensively covered in other third world countries.

Also, ETHIOPIA IS THE ENEMY. That's all I need to know. :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Gabre
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Posts: 1642
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:52 am
Location: Shores of Eretz Ogadenia, making aliyah
Contact:

Re: somali president speech at Melez memorial service

Post by Gabre »

Again I don't know how you missed it, I distinctly remember the almost over-the-top non-stop coverage on Al-Jazeera last year this time. Somali maamuls as well as dozens of foreign ones had statements and sent delegations to the hours long ceremony. Those that couldn't sent their condolences to Ethiopia from Ethiopian embassies in their countries. Addis Ababa itself has one of the largest number of embassies and diplomatic missions in the world, with more than 100, second only to Washington DC iirc.

The ceremony, with several foreign delegations including ones from Somali maamuls:



In Somaliland:

Image

Image

Image





In Puntland:

Image
“Senawi kaliya Ethiopia kama dhiman, wuxuu ka dhintay guud ahaan dhucuubta Afrika iyo Soomaalida, anagana waa naga dhintay” ayuu yiri madaxweynaha Puntland.
“Waan ka tacsiyeyneynaa geerida Senawi oo ahaa raysul wasaarihii Ethiopia” ayuu sii raaciyey Faroole.

Walaaca Puntland

Madaxweyne Faroole wuxuu baaq walaac ku jiro u diray raysul wasaare ku xigeenka Ethiopia ee hadda xukunka la wareegay inuu raaco tubtii uu jeexay Meles Senawi.
“Waxaan ugu baaqeynaa raysul wasaare xigeenka hadda xafiiskii la wareegay iyo ragga kale ee la shaqeynaya inay raacaan dhibihii uu jeecay Senawi” ayuu codsaday Madaxweynaha Puntland.
Siyaabo kala duwan ayaa looga hadlay geerida ku timid raysul wasaarihii Ethiopia Meles Senawi kaasoo dad badan oo Soomaali ah ay u arkaan nin halis ku ahaa qaranimada iyo midnimada Soomaaliya.


[Source]
In the Somali Kilil in Ethiopia:

Image

Image





In Djibouti:
President Guelleh said in his message that he was deeply sorrowed to learn the death of “Djibouti’s great brother”.
“In this difficult time, the Government and People of Djibouti express their solidarity to the people of Ethiopia. Meles’ determination to bring his country among the top economic powers in the continent has started yielding fruit. As a role model for courage and conviction, Meles will be remembered for his brave fight against terrorism and violence in the region. Africa has lost one of its best men.”


[Source]
Image

Statements from a number of world leaders, including President Barack Obama of America. In the first video above, dozens of heads of state are present as well as dignitaries from several other countries including ones not from "third world countries". Amb. Susan Rice (U.S. Permanent Representative to the United Nations) had a long eulogy she read in Addis Ababa as head of the presidential delegation of United States.
AfroBro wrote:Mate, there wasn't even a single mention on all the papers I read. Even if it wasn't front page material, they should have at least covered the death for a few days but no, not even a squeak. Mandela, who isn't dead, gets more coverage. :lol: Maybe it was extensively covered in other third world countries.

Also, ETHIOPIA IS THE ENEMY. That's all I need to know. :lol: :lol:
Maybe if you spent some time reading, you'd know a little more?
User avatar
Insomniac
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Posts: 3255
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:57 am
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: somali president speech at Melez memorial service

Post by Insomniac »

Hmm... I do read, not much about Africa to be honest. I must change this. As for the rest of your post, what the hell. He was a golden statue? :lol: Somalis crying for him/ On second, thoughts, I rather not follow politics from Africa. :lol: Those are some cringe worthy gifs and videos. I still stand by what I said. It wasn't widely written about.
User avatar
Gabre
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Posts: 1642
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:52 am
Location: Shores of Eretz Ogadenia, making aliyah
Contact:

Re: somali president speech at Melez memorial service

Post by Gabre »

:meles:

How do I reach these kids.
User avatar
Insomniac
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Posts: 3255
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:57 am
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: somali president speech at Melez memorial service

Post by Insomniac »

Reach? Is there some sort of message you are trying to spread?
User avatar
Gabre
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Posts: 1642
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:52 am
Location: Shores of Eretz Ogadenia, making aliyah
Contact:

Re: somali president speech at Melez memorial service

Post by Gabre »

You haven't seen Stand and Deliver?
User avatar
Insomniac
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Posts: 3255
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:57 am
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: somali president speech at Melez memorial service

Post by Insomniac »

Nope. I don't like feel-good films.
Locked
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Politics - General Discussions”