Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mandatory Marriages

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
QansaGabeyle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Mandatory Marriages

Postby QansaGabeyle » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:54 am

[quote]Actually in order peace to prevail in somalia, there should be mandatory that people from one clan should be prohibited to marry within their clan, but with other clans. after all, somalians are the same, share the same language culture and religion. after doing that, i am sure after just one generation, people would not feel like a hawiye or daarod or isaac, but as a somali.[/quote]

This is what some ethiopian kid wrote. Do you guys think it would be a good idea if a future somali government passed and enforced laws that require one to marry from a different clan than his or hers? According to the ethiopian kid who wrote the above statement, this would bring somalis together and reduce division along clan lines.
Last edited by QansaGabeyle on Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

The-Screw
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby The-Screw » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:15 am

no.

people should not be forced to marry other clans, people should be free to marry who ever the chose to, so long as that person is a Muslim. that should be the ONLY law enforced.

Mowhawk
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Mowhawk » Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:04 am

Good Idea from an Ethiopian kid. Maybe someone didn't tell him that as it is within Somali socities, there are many Somali's who are inter-tribal-marriages, or are the children of such marriages, and that is not the problem; it is the patriachal tribal norms. Education is the best effective way to combat.

Ducaale004
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Sanaag, Bari, Jubbada Hoose, Bay$Bakool, and Nugal.

Postby Ducaale004 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:33 am

The kid knows little of Somali marriages. Those who marry from each other the most do advance incremental approach to settle old feuds regardles of maternal affiliation. Our subsistance economy is mostly livestocks we keep for survival, so 80% of our people rely on livestock. To prolong its lifetime leads to conflict of limited resources--mainly grazing areas, access to water and medicine and natural disasters such as draught and flood. These factors proved to be the most difficult task to solve and our intellectuals have yet to formulate a mechanism of dealing them. Moreover, the constant fission and fusion of Somali clans symbolize the sequence of generational disharmony . It is a common occurance for nomads to resort to an extreme violence upon encountering a perceived enemy with perceived intention to steal and rob their necessity. Basically, nothing restricts the Somali nomads in ther predisposition to commit something that would deprive his target of their rights to live in peace.

The lack of organized adminstration is another leading factor of our ceaseless war. It is too many problems to even think of a concrete solution.

Xyaad
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Xyaad » Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:14 am

excellent answer screw!

@Mooryaanka85
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby @Mooryaanka85 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:21 am

fock anythin mandatory. I aint wanna marry no dooro Laughing

Globetrotter-
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Globetrotter- » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:21 am

Another stupid thread!

People should be free to fucc who they want.

maria from west side
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby maria from west side » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:50 am

^^Even a doggy? Laughing

...'' Brown Suga ''...
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby ...'' Brown Suga ''... » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:01 am

I Agree With Screw 100% ..!

S_lander-boy
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: AMSTERDAM ROFFA WORLD WIDE CONNECTED THE NETHERLANDS

Postby S_lander-boy » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:33 am

yeah i see wat ya'll saying its the old generation...i know this 1 white gal miskinah waalahi she married to this somali guy...but the family damn they sooo crule to here its sick what they call her n stuff n they use her n they go its cool waa caadan...as if that makes it okay....n also she muslim but they have this mentality that just cuz she white she gaal..lol

so i say we need to change when it comes to this ...but we need to start home with this qabil thing

optimist_1
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby optimist_1 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:47 am

Interesting he doesn't wanna marry Marexaan.

Is this the only way Qansa?

Basra-
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Basra- » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:07 am

First TIME i see Qansa post a topic!

I guess our beloved traditional guy misses somalia that much to resort this LAST resort.InterClan marriages??? U mean-- risk having a hawiya blood in my royal noble family???

I rather Somalia NEVER gain any peace.This is crossing a line. Mad Mad

*HannaH*
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby *HannaH* » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:10 am

Kuuuuuuu-Ku

optimist_1
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby optimist_1 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:14 am

Basra the schweinhund.

Du bist nijas.

Laughing .

No noble hawiye would marry you.

Its amazing shes a moderator

*HannaH*
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby *HannaH* » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:19 am

^^They married her Momma........which would make her inadeerta qaali....Lol....be nice to her yarta.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.