New Somali TV (S24)

Arimaha Nolosha Khuseeya

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.

New Somali TV (S24)

Postby Mondey » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:23 pm

Mondey
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Location: We'll resist and fight again, Strangers, thats's how freemen feel in a world of slaves.

Re: New Somali TV (S24)

Postby Armaan » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:04 pm

Seems like an interesting channel, From the looks of it, It appears to be a HD compatible channel. :up:
Armaan
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby arabmtu » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:48 pm

Interesting. I have thought about something similar; online TV, initially employing volunteers in major cities, HD technology, Skype for live interviewing, phone interviewing, periodic documentaries about issues affecting the people (immigration, social, health), etc. Once it becomes popular and self-sustaining (i.e. ads), it becomes a channel that can be accessed internationally (satellite, cable, online, iPhone, Android, etc).
arabmtu
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Mondey » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:21 am

arabmtu wrote:Interesting. I have thought about something similar; online TV, initially employing volunteers in major cities, HD technology, Skype for live interviewing, phone interviewing, periodic documentaries about issues affecting the people (immigration, social, health), etc. Once it becomes popular and self-sustaining (i.e. ads), it becomes a channel that can be accessed internationally (satellite, cable, online, iPhone, Android, etc).

def.

Somali channels need to be upgraded.

Seems like an interesting channel, From the looks of it, It appears to be a HD compatible channel. :up:

:up:
we need something different.
Mondey
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Location: We'll resist and fight again, Strangers, thats's how freemen feel in a world of slaves.

Postby IRONm@N » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:25 am

They need to come together and form one big international TV that employes real journalists and reports and discusses Somali issues, and is capable of creating investigatives programs and documentaries, and is avialable on Dish and Online 24/7.

they need to stop creating these thousands of small tvs that are on life support and is on community access, that show wedding videos and xayaaysiin and low quality programming.
IRONm@N
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby arabmtu » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:17 am

IRONm@N wrote:They need to come together and form one big international TV that employes real journalists and reports and discusses Somali issues, and is capable of creating investigatives programs and documentaries, and is avialable on Dish and Online 24/7.
Good ideas. I'm seriously considering of forming an online TV. The biggest hurdle is finding volunteers who can spare a few hours/week of their time to provide local/regional news, conduct interview with officials, influential figures, community, and occasionally make a documentary. Hints can be gotten from online TVs such as Alex Jones' Infowars. I believe this is doable.
arabmtu
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

LOGIN TO HIDE THIS BLOCK