Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

So I'm talking to this chick

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
EvolSyawla
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: A woman proud of who she is cannot be made to feel otherwise of who she is not.

Re: So I'm talking to this chick

Postby EvolSyawla » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:30 am

Omg, the direction this thread turned lmaooooo

:deadrose:

1nemansquad
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby 1nemansquad » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:57 am

why would you fabricate a story only to shit on yourself? i don't understand..

thehappyone
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby thehappyone » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:24 am

perfect order :up: i can be friends with a guy that can take the piss out of himself, too many people here that come to brag, too many 23 year old aspiring astronauts

Amira143
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Amira143 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:37 am

^^ This. Some people take this place too seriously.

salool
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: "Live Each Day As If It Were Your Last... Tomorrow is Not Promised."

Postby salool » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:15 am

So the story was made up :? Emotional cheating is not so easy to discover...it can go on for years without the husband/wife finds out.

Su'aasha mesha taala waxa wayan...ma saamixi laheyd hadi ay naagtaada amba ninkaaga waxa kugu samayo?...few phone calls...innocent masseges...waxa maad kaga tagiy laheyd qof intaas oo sano aad la nooled :?:

EvolSyawla
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: A woman proud of who she is cannot be made to feel otherwise of who she is not.

Postby EvolSyawla » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:48 am

Difficult situation indeed.

That's why you need to be deligent when dating. Imagine finding out you were suppose to be wife #2 :?

1nemansquad
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby 1nemansquad » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:30 am

not taking yourself serious is admirable, taking the piss of yourself is also commendable but this here; i don't know..

Julkimi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Somalinet boycott by Puntites in effect 12/24/14. GB,Quark, Righteous I will miss you my brothers.

Postby Julkimi » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:38 am

Get off your high horses people, and get some sense of humor. It was obviously a joke. If you can't joke about yourself then there's something wrong with you.

Get that stick out of your asses and live a little.

SultanOrder

Postby SultanOrder » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:13 am

Salool, emotional cheating means the relationship is dead only reason you are together is because dan ayaa kugu qasbayso.

THO, Amira, Julkimi, :up:

1man, you still mad I gave you a warning as a mod? :lol:

1nemansquad
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby 1nemansquad » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:51 pm

OP, not at all brother and i know its none of my concern but i find your character rudimentary; forgive me if i come off as scornfully abusive but for a long time i've seen you say questionable things on these boards and i've always wondered what your thought process were when you say these things.

as a man, nin baan naag isaga dhigey oo codnaag isku yeelay wax lagu kaftamo maaha ffs

ma aniga baa waalan mise cadan baa laga heesaya :lupe:

SultanOrder

Postby SultanOrder » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:27 pm

No, I much prefer this response as it invites dialog that can be enlightening and enjoyable.

My character might be rudimentary, you may very well be right, but I also see a certain kind of sophistication. Often times because what I'm really saying has larger connotations and addresses larger concepts. The type of humor that I am attempting to deliver isn't just superficial self basing. If you look at it closer, what you may find immasculine in one sense can very well be masculine in another sense. In the scenerio I depicted, what is the correct or masculine thing to do? Is the masculine thing the correct thing to do? These arequestions thereader mustask themselves. If I was masculine in a crude sense then I would simply state who I am and confront the guy, which will lead to a definite altercation between the couple. Is it right for me to destroy a marriage no matter how bad it is? In another sense I could have simply hung up, but that only breeds suspicion between the couple and only makes me look like a coward, which of course isn't very masculine. Instead I confront the challenge, and attempt to save a relationship I didn't know I was in the middle of. So I showed bravery, cleverness, and did the right thing to do.

So this rudimentary character was actually poking fun at crude definitions of masculinity, in an attempt to show that things aren't always black and white. The conclusion should be that there is a broader sense of masculinity that can sometimes go against a common definition. It's a very abstract concept that crude caricatures won't do justice. Was there an element of humiliation, yes, but that is where the comedy stems from, doing things that are ridiculous and embarrassing but also getting away with it.

I also find situational comedy funniest especially those that poke fun at social conventions. Must be why I liked the office so much.

:Shrug:

YummyMummy
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby YummyMummy » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:30 pm

^ PO, saxiib, shidh ain't that deep bro, it's imaginary!
Accept it, you've been dropped off Lilly's list of eligible Faarax's :lol:

SultanOrder

Postby SultanOrder » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:04 pm

Shidh ain't that deep Image

For some people Image

Question is, whose on my list DCI Mummy ;)

Methylamine
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Methylamine » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:59 pm

:|

Lillaahiya
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lillaahiya » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:36 pm

Yummy: Naw, he's still there..just not top tier pick ;)

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.