Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

My new concept: The Somali Puritan

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
WaaliCas
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

My new concept: The Somali Puritan

Postby WaaliCas » Sat May 23, 2015 2:20 am

I love the idea of achieving the original and authentic Somali ethnic and for that to happen I believe there should be a call for Somali Puritan (Pure Somalis). This means we have to purify Somalis of:

A) the fake Arab ancestry including Sheikh Isaxaaq, Sheikh Abdirahman Jaberti, and all the other imaginary Sheikhs that some Somalis like to tell us formed the Somali race in a matter of 700 years. We know these stories are as fictional as Harry Porter. Not only does DNA bust that theory but it makes no logical sense that few "fathers" of Arab origins could father 15-20 million black nomads in the span of 700 years. There never was no millions of black women readily awaiting for Arab semen at the shores of the Somali Peninsula.

B) The tribalism disease. Once we bust and purify Somalis of the Arab ancestry, the tribes will no longer make sense and the sons of Somale will find common goal under their common geology and common ancestry.

One Somali leader that I feel personally that has contributed towards this chapter was Major General Mohamed Siad Barre (AUN). He left no stone unturned to try and preserve the Somali identity, especially, the original nomadic and secular Somali identity but he should have went further than just preserving it. He made fatal mistake when he added the Somali Republic to the Arab League. While for him it was just a political organization, many illiterate, ignorant and tribalistic Somalis misunderstood and thought it really solidified their Arab ancestry claim.

Siad Barre kept the Arab Jihadists and Arab cultural colonization at bay. It was mainly a war that was fought behind closed doors or curtains. Since late 1970s the Arabs tried all kinds of measures to try and takeover the Somalis who were still keeping some form of Somali identity. For example Arab charities tried to purchase, fund and run Somali Quranic schools----of course Barre saw the dangers.

The Somalis misunderstood Barre and simply took him as "Godless man against the Culuumo" hence references to the so called "Wardhiigley" incident for example...where superstitious Somalis claimed his fighter jets collided over Wardhiigley because he was targeting the "holy".

As soon as Barre fell, the Arab forces took complete advantage of the situation and the result is what we today know as al Shabab and all their predecessors including al itihad al Islamiya, Islamic courts, etc.

These groups took over the madarasa system and introduced a new not only religious hardline practices but with it Arab cultural identity often masking it under "Sunnah".

In order for Somalis to achieve lasting and sustainable peace, stability and respect for one another-----they have to over come these hidden evil forces and only when true Somali identity emerges will they achieve that. The problem with Somalis is that they all have chip on their shoulders and feel the need to defend century all myths that was past down from generation to generation. Somalis are not the type to break with tradition and the chip on their shoulder heavily weighs on them. Admitting to mistakes or even challenging old myths is a big unwritten "tribal" taboo.

The pictures below show a window into the Puritan Somalis...even in the early 19th century Arab culture had limited influence especially in the rural area, where more than 70% of Somalis called it home.

Somalis under Siad Barre----the protector of Somali identity who made countless mistakes on the way but his vision for the Somali race was second to none. His legacy is definitely the Somali Latin alphabet and the preservation of the Somali identity from Arab cultural colonization through Madarasa. Barre also believed in the Cushitic identity and considered all the people in the Horn a close relative of the Somali man. He tried to re-assimilate a section of the Oromo into the Somali race. He kept open view of all the various groups within Somali Republic and even protected the minorities such as the Bantus recognizing diversity enriches a nation.

All Hornians are related as Barre walks amongst the distant relatives in Ethiopia with Emperor Haile Selassie I

In post Barre Somalia...the Arab cultural and ideological invasion. How Arabs changed Somalis in just two decades. It's amazing how fast Somalis went from putting butter on their dreadlocks to wearing ankle high pants or some ninja outfit from Arabia.

The only way to fight Arab cultural and ideological invasion is to restore pure Somali identity and redefine Somalinimo. The Arabs themselves believe in the idea of "puritan"------they call it "Wahabi".

The Ras------I love the original Somalis.

sahal80
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: My new concept: The Somali Puritan

Postby sahal80 » Sat May 23, 2015 5:16 am

I think these names have existed in history but maybe some somalis got them wrong

for example, al jabarti it doesnt refer to arabia and was applying to a certain geoghraphical area within the horn, mainly the muslims of habasha

the same goes for al saylici or al sayaalaca(from zeila) and al maqdisi(from mogadidhu) like said al maqdisi/said of mogadidhu

these names were carried by and given to the early muslims-8-9 centuries- of the horn during their pilgrimage to mecca as an indicative of their identity or origin

now theres a lot of arab families from syria to yemen who carry the names of al habashi, al jeberti, al saylici etc

it doesnt mean they are their ancestral names rather a names that were carried by their ancestors who were trading in this region and when they went back were given such nicknames by their people as their sources state this

there a lot of arab scholars who were born in zeila and mogadishu and who have contributed a lot to the islamic library

another point regarding these names is that the native sayaalaca were back then including the afar tribe not just somalis

then in another stage-12-13 centuries- after the arrival of the arab historians, they started using the name berber from zeila to mogadishu

al jeberti has continued in habasha to this day to distinguish themselves from their christian brothers but the difference is that they are aware of this-being muslim natives-

because of not been known to the rest of the world, unlike of the egyptians and persians, these names have been given to the muslim tribes of the horn

then there was a time where the historians such as al idrisi, the arab faqih were able to distinguish them based on their ethnicities and clans; a new identities have appeared such al balawi-beja and bani amir- al danakil-afars- and al somal etc.

sadeboi
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby sadeboi » Mon May 25, 2015 1:52 am

Only 3 Somali clans claim Arab ancestry, Darood, Isaaq, Sheikhaal. No one ever said Somalis never existed before them. The epitome and purity of Somali ancestory is only through Dir. To be Somali you must have connection to Dir, they are the oldest and Somali starts with them. Darood say their father married a Dir woman, Doombiro Direed. They are thus fully Somali now, but say their parernal lineage is Banu Hashim. Look at Quraysh, they are not pure Arabs, only Yemeni tribes are pure Arabs, Prophet Ismail married an arab/yemeni woman, but his offspring kept marrying into their maternal family, over time they became Arab. This method is what Darood claim.

Jaberti and Darood are both nick names.

Abdurahman (Darood)
Bin Ismaciil (Jaberti)
Bin Ibrahim
Bin Abdurahman
Bin Abdisamad
Bin Hambal
Bin Mahdi
Bin Ahmed
Bin Mohamed
Bin Aqeel
Bin Abu Talib
Bin AbdulMutalib
Bin Hashim
Bin AbdManaf

Smile-LiKe-SuN-RiSE
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Smile-LiKe-SuN-RiSE » Mon May 25, 2015 4:22 am

Mashallah..bal naagihi hore say u lebisay jireen iyo quruxda ka muqda eega barigaan sharfta iyo wadan lahayn...hadana jawaan aka jilbab sadax mitir ah iyo indho shareer bay jiidayaan..ayaako baraarsan

Balaayo arab indinku dabadhaqday.

Idman702
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Idman702 » Tue May 26, 2015 11:30 pm

Mashallah..bal naagihi hore say u lebisay jireen iyo quruxda ka muqda eega barigaan sharfta iyo wadan lahayn...hadana jawaan aka jilbab sadax mitir ah iyo indho shareer bay jiidayaan..ayaako baraarsan

:dead:

That's why most of them are obese. They don't even know their size.

Smile-LiKe-SuN-RiSE
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Smile-LiKe-SuN-RiSE » Wed May 27, 2015 11:11 pm

:dead:

That's why most of them are obese. They don't even know their size.
Lmao..i can't breath. Ileen jilbabka hadey iska dhigaan waxba Kala faganaya.

Bari14
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Bari14 » Wed May 27, 2015 11:40 pm

Barre made a grand attempt at painting himself as non qabilist. But the end of the day when he was fearing for his own safety he reverted back to his qabiil.

Kaafiye
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Kaafiye » Thu May 28, 2015 12:08 am

I totally agree :up:

But I still think Somalis should be more religious today than we were in the 1970s. Islam should play a central role in Somali society

zidane88
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby zidane88 » Thu May 28, 2015 7:06 am

Spot on. Look closely what al-Shabab militias wearing is totally Pakistani's cultural dress. Nowadays average Faaraxs dressing, as an Arab, is widespread Specially those in the West. We are doomed.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.