Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

First World Problems.

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
MissFiora
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

First World Problems.

Postby MissFiora » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:37 pm

Bought bottled water ...left it in the car couldn't be asked to go and get it so I drank OJ during sahoor instead and now I have laabjeex.

Sat here whining about until I realized how stupid I was. When you have a FWP moment post it so you can see how much of an ungrateful turd you are. Peace.

Idman702
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: First World Problems.

Postby Idman702 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:27 pm

I took a nap earlier and my family woke me up as they were about to eat afur, I got mad and cursed out everyone, my momma chased me for 10 mins in the backyard, I was thirsty, hungry and missed afur time. I had to go to the bath and wash my feet, now everyone thinks I am ungrateful, spoiled, self centered person, then my brother said some insightful things, atleast we have afur, I was complaining about not being woken up before afur time. Now I feel bad, and momma is mad at me because my sisters slaved in the kitchen all day while I slept and lounged around. :meles:

Kaafiye
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Kaafiye » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:57 pm

I came home the other day around 6 pm and laid down on my couch to "rest my eyes for a few minutes". I somehow woke up the next day at 9 am
:meles:

So not only did I miss afuur, but I also missed suhuur and I slept through my cousin's dinner invitation. There was no way I could have legitimately fasted that morning. So I missed my first day of fasting. I'm still picking up the pieces of this unfortunate incident

Not to mention all the anger I'm receiving for skipping out on my cousins. SMH

:snoop:
Last edited by Kaafiye on Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

SolidCamel
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby SolidCamel » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:01 am

Lol how does that happen Kaafiye the xaasidnimo is real :damn:

salool
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: "Live Each Day As If It Were Your Last... Tomorrow is Not Promised."

Postby salool » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:20 am

Lol@ kaafiya.Bishan dadki oo dhan hurdo la'aan bay la liicliicayan.Same thing happend to me the other day when i came home from work.Waxaan is idhi uun bal 30 minuts indhaha is yara galiy.Waa ila tagtay.I woke up 4 hours later 40min before afur.Anigaana la iga sugayey inaan afurka samayo :(

Kaafiye
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Kaafiye » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:23 am

Lol how does that happen Kaafiye the xaasidnimo is real :damn:
Lool I worked a double-shift at my workplace and then I proceeded to blackout for 15 hours. I was shocked when I opened my eyes and looked at the time. It actually happened a few days back, and my cousins are still upset with me.

:snoop:

Kaafiye
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Kaafiye » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:26 am

Lol@ kaafiya.Bishan dadki oo dhan hurdo la'aan bay la liicliicayan.Same thing happend to me the other day when i came home from work.Waxaan is idhi uun bal 30 minuts indhaha is yara galiy.Waa ila tagtay.I woke up 4 hours later 40min before afur.Anigaana la iga sugayey inaan afurka samayo :(
:lol:

You always intend on sleeping for "no more than 30 minutes" and it ends up being 4 hours straight.

CigaalSHiiDaaDCFC
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby CigaalSHiiDaaDCFC » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:31 am

^^ bro are you sure you couldnt fast? fasting its niyah as long as you already had in ur mind to fast, i think you could have continue, suhur nd iftar are sunnah no?

Kaafiye
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Kaafiye » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:34 am

^^ bro are you sure you couldnt fast? fasting its niyah as long as you already had in ur mind to fast, i think you could have continue, suhur nd iftar are sunnah no?
Here in Toronto, a typical fast is roughly 18 hours. If I actually continued fasting the next day, it would've resulted in me fasting 18+24=42 hours.

42 hours. That would be about 2 days of me not eating or drinking anything.

I wouldn't have been able to handle that.

:meles:
Last edited by Kaafiye on Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

CigaalSHiiDaaDCFC
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby CigaalSHiiDaaDCFC » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:40 am

wan gartay, i know its very hard .... alhamdulilah i havnt missed a day so far :stylin: i bet you didnt eat much today as if you were fasting :lol:

Kaafiye
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Kaafiye » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:44 am

wan gartay, i know its very hard .... alhamdulilah i havnt missed a day so far :stylin: i bet you didnt eat much today as if you were fasting :lol:
Lol I'm still shell-shocked that I missed a day. Yeah I was mostly drinking water lol, but I had a few fruits and that was it.

P.S. I meant to write about this incident sooner but I had it saved in my drafts and forgot to submit it lol. But this didn't happen today.

CigaalSHiiDaaDCFC
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby CigaalSHiiDaaDCFC » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:54 am

^^ i got you bro.

SecretAgent
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby SecretAgent » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:34 am

Kafiye how can sleep 15 hours siting on a chair without going to the washroom not hearing your cell ring :?

EvolSyawla
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: A woman proud of who she is cannot be made to feel otherwise of who she is not.

Postby EvolSyawla » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:01 am

Exhaustion does that to you SA.

lol @ stories so far.

Can I have a FWP when I'm here?.... :?

My laptops always get dust in the fan, so I have to take it to a 'punkjarle' (sp? :lol: ) where they put air in tires to blow out a sandstorm. Air can on steroids. hehehe

MissFiora
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby MissFiora » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:43 am

I took a nap earlier and my family woke me up as they were about to eat afur, I got mad and cursed out everyone, my momma chased me for 10 mins in the backyard, I was thirsty, hungry and missed afur time. I had to go to the bath and wash my feet, now everyone thinks I am ungrateful, spoiled, self centered person, then my brother said some insightful things, atleast we have afur, I was complaining about not being woken up before afur time. Now I feel bad, and momma is mad at me because my sisters slaved in the kitchen all day while I slept and lounged around. :meles:
Lol Kibirleey yaa baadiyaha ka tuura.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.