Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sheikhaal, what do you know about them?

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
KingWaslawi
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Kayd-kii jacaylkaa riyo laygu keenaa, kabbo baan idhaahdaa, mise waaba koob madhan :(

Sheikhaal, what do you know about them?

Postby KingWaslawi » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:53 am

What do you know about them?

Where they live in Somalia?

Anyone know their clans? In a breakdown way?

Is there a Sheikhaal members in snet?

Where they come from originally?

Are they a minority clan within Somalis?

Any notable Sheikhaals?

Please someone enlighten us thank you?

KingWaslawi
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Kayd-kii jacaylkaa riyo laygu keenaa, kabbo baan idhaahdaa, mise waaba koob madhan :(

Re: Sheikhaal, what do you know about them?

Postby KingWaslawi » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:12 am

D/P

Vivacious
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Life is waking up an hour early to live an hour more :)

Postby Vivacious » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:18 am

Farah sheikh Abdulkadir the only notable sheikhaal I can remember. Some claim to be minorities while others claim to be hawiye.

jalaaludin5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: “Beauties in vain their pretty eyes may roll; Charms strike the sight, but merit wins the soul.”

Postby jalaaludin5 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:39 am

All I know about Sheekhaal is....Lo'Bogay and reer Qutub.
The first ones reside in the south and other, waqooyi.
they live all over Somali-lands, South, North, Djibouti, Ethiopia and Kenya.
They are (were) known for spreading Islam and are very religious.

That's about the extent of my knowledge regarding beesha Sheekhaal.
-
-
-

Strategic
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Strategic » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:39 am

sheekhaal are a minority clan as some of them claim where others claim they are hawiye further more some claim they are stand alone clan.
the ones in kismayo claim they are hawiye,the ones in hiiraan claim they are minority like reer-awxasan while the ones in somali galbeed ogaden claim to be a stand alone clan.

Sumubaridi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Sumubaridi » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:05 am

Sheikhaal are Hiraab ( Martiile Hiraab). They are the second born of Hiraab. They are brothers to Maxamuud Hiraab ( duduble), Mudulood Hiraab and Madarkicis Hiraab ( HG). Sheikhaal are divided into 3 sub-clans ( Gandershe, Aw-Qutub and Looboge). Gandarshe lives in Shabelleha Hoose, Qutub in Kismaayo and Somali Galbeed, while Loobage in Central Somalia. They are first Somali Clan to be knowledgeable in Islam and they use to go far places to spread Islam. Sheikhaal means sheikh-yaal. Their real name is Martiile Hiraab.

Sumubaridi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Sumubaridi » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:06 am

Farah sheikh Abdulkadir the only notable sheikhaal I can remember. Some claim to be minorities while others claim to be hawiye.
Faarax Sheikh Cabdulqaadir is Reer-Awxassan not Sheikhaal. He is related to sheikh Cumar Faaruuq.

BlueBlood
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby BlueBlood » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:11 am

greatest somali politician: farax sheikh abdulkadir
greatest somali sheikh: omar faruuq ( not 100% sure but i believe he is sheikhaal)
kenyan EX police commisioner: ali hussein

sheikhal branches: loobogay, awqutub, reer hassan

they live jilib, xaramka, kismaayo, moqdisho, hoozingow, hiiran, ogadenia

BlueBlood
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby BlueBlood » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:11 am

Faarax Sheikh Cabdulqaadir is Reer-Awxassan not Sheikhaal. He is related to sheikh Cumar Faaruuq.
reer aw xasan soo sheekhaal ma aha?

Sumubaridi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Sumubaridi » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:14 am

reer aw xasan soo sheekhaal ma aha?
Maya. Waa a branch of Hawiye Clan. They are Gugundhabe Hawiye related to Jajeele, gaaljecel, Dagoodi and Baadicade.

Hawiye are 6 main blocks with more than 50 sub-clans each. Somalis only know Hiraab which is a sub-clan of Gorgaarte Hawiye block and Murusade which is a sub-clan of Karanle Hawiye block. We Have Xaskul Hawiye block, Raarane Hawiye block (Saransoor ), Samatalis Hawiye block ( Xawaadle ) and Gugundhabe Hawiye block( Aw-xassan,degoodi, galajecel, baadicade, jajeele, etc)

BlueBlood
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby BlueBlood » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:30 am

i thought hawiya was only hiraab and karanle while those other blocks are just samaale

Susu000
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Susu000 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:31 am

They are Hawiye politically as they have 3 seats in the Hawiye section of the parliament.
They also have 2 seats in the minority section of .5 that they were distributed in the arta Djibouti conference.

They were allocated the 2 minority seats in arta because Sh Omar Faruuq was one the key actors of that conference.
This was because reer aw Xassan couldn't get included in the Hawiye seats so they were given seats in the .5 section.

Historically their history is disputed, some say they are martiile Hiraab. Martiile meaning that they were Marti of Hiraab ( guests of Hiraab) and not actually related.

Please note that this is one the many theories out their so it's not my own opinion, I'm only providing the theory that I have been given.
They are as other Snetters have said the Sheikhs of Somalia and responsible for spreading Islam in Somalia. when Hawiyes gather they are responsible for the religious part. Kind of the ulumas of Hawiye.

QuantumSatis
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby QuantumSatis » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:37 am

Susu000,

You will find out that Clan talk, positive or negative, has zero value wallah. I advise you to give up on it before it is too late and you find its negative impact on your life when you can not undo the damage it does to your heart.

It is safe to assume Somalis are the same regardless of what clan they claim. Their behavior, their looks, their attitude towards clan, there is Zero difference. Somalis brag and almost all of them believe their shit is best anyway, but truth be told, it is best to take a neutral position and just let them rot in their chosen clan perversion. Allah punished this society with the clan and they are reaping the benefits.

You are a good woman, invest your time in something more productive dear.

Susu000
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Susu000 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:00 pm

Susu000,

You will find out that Clan talk, positive or negative, has zero value wallah. I advise you to give up on it before it is too late and you find its negative impact on your life when you can not undo the damage it does to your heart.

It is safe to assume Somalis are the same regardless of what clan they claim. Their behavior, their looks, their attitude towards clan, there is Zero difference. Somalis brag and almost all of them believe their shit is best anyway, but truth be told, it is best to take a neutral position and just let them rot in their chosen clan perversion. Allah punished this society with the clan and they are reaping the benefits.

You are a good woman, invest your time in something more productive dear.
My dear brother. I couldn't agree more. I have to disagree with you though a bit though as much i hate doing that as I respect you greatly.
Clan is only bad when used in an ignorant, uneducated discriminatoryway but it can also be used for good purposes. Like social protection. Financial protection, help qaaraan in troubled times etc. so they are good things about them, they provide a sense of belonging which ever clan one might hail from.

The problem is, as I have witnessed myself from spending time in Somalia, people specially the younger generation in the diaspora abuse it in all the wrong ways rather than people in Somalia who use it beautifully.

When I say it people in Somalia, of course I mean the civil society and not the politicians.

There was a case in Mogadishu this summer where ( as you might now people in Mogadishu tend to be segregated to clans in each area )
Anyway, this guy who had a dream of buying his own tuktuk. This was his only hope of supporting and providing a decent life for his family. The whole clan community pitched in and together bought him one. The guy drove his tuktuk and the family lived well.

I only provided an answer on this thread for educational purposes and didn't mean in anyway to instigate some clan bashing session.

I hope you get me here :-)

Skippa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Skippa » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:02 pm

Not a damn thing...

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.