Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I am opposed to the UAE Military base

Dedicated for Somaliland politics and affairs.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

I am opposed to the UAE Military base

Postby Khalid Ali » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:06 pm

i know this is a Kulmiye policy i dont know what the benefit will be for Somaliland be for giving them an Army base starategic in Berbera First of all what are the consessions the Arabs are willing to make for Somaliland other than keeping the turks away and the Russians i dont have any love for the kebab loving Turks. their point is to control the red sea as they are willing to pay Isias afewerki of Eritrea to come to Assap as well. Our war is not with Houthis nor are we the enemies of the Ayatollahs of Iran. Somaliland should play its card well either bring a super power China or Russia and let the US next door be worried. And Negotiate a very good deal Our army being trained a Military aid package a security cooperation with that super power recognition passport recognition . Also our friend in the region Ethiopia also is not a fan of Arabs and we are not benefiting from it. I stand with sacad cali shire on this he to is opposed to the Base.

Somaliland before anything else

mahoka
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: I am opposed to the UAE Military base

Postby mahoka » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:23 pm

The UAE military base shouldn't be allowed, it doesn't offer any advantages at all to us. If we give our land to foreigners for no benefit then we might join wanlawein who sell their lands and sea for free

AwRastaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AwRastaale » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:21 am

I welcome the base with conditions;

A) The SL army must be provided with equipment and training especially the coastguards

B) They must take part in the development of community projects such as water, drought reliefs including air relief and dropping essentials.

C) Help with the development of fisheries, livestock, hospitalities.

Ethiopia offers you nothing but khat.

Timiro1999
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Timiro1999 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:41 am

Aniga waxay ila tahay in aynu ka faa'iideysano UAE mustaacajilnimadoda oo aynu aqoonsi JSL ka hesho ka dhamaysano.
Xasuuso dadku ama dawladahuba markay wax aad u doonayan wixii lagu xidho way dhameeyan.
Markaa waa inaynu aqoonsi ka helnaa, aduunyadan waxa keliya ee ka socdaa waa dhabarkayga xoq aan kaaga ku xoqee
Dunida wax baa lakala faa'iidaa, hadaan wax kuu qabto aniguna waa inaan wax kaa helaa.

LiquidHYDROGEN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LiquidHYDROGEN » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:57 am

First time I agree with Khalid Ali. If we're gonna be prostituting ourselves, why not do it for a superpower like Russia or China?

smooth
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby smooth » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:23 pm

No super power will come, forget China who is in bed with Ethiopia, why trade 80+ million for a mere 1 million, makes no financial sense whatsoever, besides the Chinese know Somaliland is nothing more then a TPLF controlled state.

Russia has no immediate interest in the Horn of Africa, the USA were kicked out of Ethiopia with their drone base, they have clandestine base in koonfur, there is no skin in the game for them to set up a base, while they have one in Djibouti.

That only leaves you with their puppet UAE, only interested due to being kicked out by Djibouti, and threats by Houthi's, Turks and ambitions of dominating the region.

This is the greatest opportunity Somaliland would ever have and if not ceased upon, will likely never come again, and even worse ensures your status as a clientele TPLF state for the foreseeable future wallowing in stagnation and no progress, left to her mercy and whims, just as you have been for 3 decades.

Hawdian is absolutely right, this is an opportunity of a life-time, S/land holds the carrot here, there is a lot of room for strict terms that will benefit you, ridiculous source of $$ to fund all kinds of projects, there is nothing more they like then kicking Djibouti out of business while beating the Turks to the game. You get no such thing with Ethiopia, this is a real play for independence, which you never get under TPLF, baffles me how you can't see this.

The best interest for the Somali peninsula is a UAE North and Turkish South, competing against each other head on, this completely negates TPLF and Kenyan influence which are already very low in Koonfur, it's the best way of rebuilding the country and it's institutions getting the two powers to compete head on, which they are already doing.

Everyone wants a peace of the silk road into the Horn of Africa, Erdogan is travelling the region already with all his business contacts. Hawdian is the only credible long term thinker here.

smooth
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby smooth » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:35 pm

The last chance to make it rain and realise the dream

burcaawi14
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby burcaawi14 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:16 pm

I think UAE is building it to protect it's investment(port), the timing of them building it hints to that. If it was solely about the Yemeni war they would've done it years ago. All in all it's not a good look for SL to have foreign military bases unless we get a sweet deal( Arms, tanks, create an actual air and navy force , etc...) . Emirates aren't THAT bad considering the other GCC countries. We just need to get a good deal out of this

xiimaaya
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby xiimaaya » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:58 am

:lol: smooth Waa baalaayo

AwRastaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AwRastaale » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:43 am

Yes Idoor is not very consistent nor strategic in their game. They always get hijacked by emotions. One day they want the port to develop, next day they burn tyres...then they say 'things got resolved'. Then next day you see them trying to day dream about US, Russia, China, France and even the Republic of Mars.

But if any of those nations made an offer on the table they will again change and say America just built a wall....Russia is bombing Aleppo...Mars is red like the teeth from reer Burco and so on.

They will go back to square one.

Notice yesterday they were fighting so hard against the French Bollore in favor of DP World. They now telling us it is rather mistake even before DP landed a single machine.

Again they will argue no we want DP but not the base :lol: :lol:

UAE interest is one and whether it's the base or their business arm, they promote the same interest. You either take it all or tell them to get foked.

If you reject the base, don't expect DP World. Isn't that the case in Djibouti?

Idoor brain works funny.

My own assessment is DP will only show up after UAE has a base. No base, no DP World.

It is very common sense.

In this case you reject the base, UAE and their DP World just move on to the next port. Guess what now you have neither Bollore nor anything from Ethiopia because Ethiopia doesn't give you anything but khat at the moment. What will change?

Your only ticket to develop that port, town of Berbera, that long corridor to Ethiopia, is DP and the UAE. Like all countries their interests and their companies go hand in hand.

MarsinQorahay
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby MarsinQorahay » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:46 am

:lol: waaawareey
Idoor is that prostitute no one gives attention to "hiv infected desert with no resources "

So unrecognized.

mahoka
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby mahoka » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:39 am

:lol: waaawareey
Idoor is that prostitute no one gives attention to "hiv infected desert with no resources "

So unrecognized.
I can share couple of jebarti women raped by amxaaro crying while cucked jebarti men stand around

MarsinQorahay
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby MarsinQorahay » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:30 am

Does not sound logic when your into somali male booties :pac:

FAH1223
webmaster

Postby FAH1223 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:35 pm

hmmmm

X.Playa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby X.Playa » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:51 pm

First time I agree with Khalid Ali. If we're gonna be prostituting ourselves, why not do it for a superpower like Russia or China?
The reality is both the chines and Russians are not buying what you are selling. No Russian nor chines nor Americans made any offer. Only UAE.

I don't mind the military base what i dont like is Berbera port deal.. that was a disaster.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.