Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Oxidant: Do you think Somali men are more suited to have long hair?

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
FAH1223
webmaster

Re: Oxidant: Do you think Somali men are more suited to have long hair?

Postby FAH1223 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:38 pm

grew mine out

Oxidant
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Oxidant » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:56 pm

Woow :ohhh: this right here is very interesting read , thank you
https://www.sott.net/article/234783-The ... -Hair-Long
The mammalian body has evolved over millions of years. Survival skills of human and animal at times seem almost supernatural. Science is constantly coming up with more discoveries about the amazing abilities of man and animal to survive. Each part of the body has highly sensitive work to perform for the survival and well being of the body as a whole.The body has a reason for every part of itself.

Hair is an extension of the nervous system, it can be correctly seen as exteriorized nerves, a type of highly evolved 'feelers' or 'antennae' that transmit vast amounts of important information to the brain stem, the limbic system, and the neocortex.

Not only does hair in people, including facial hair in men, provide an information highway reaching the brain, hair also emits energy, the electromagnetic energy emitted by the brain into the outer environment. This has been seen in Kirlian photography when a person is photographed with long hair and then rephotographed after the hair is cut.

When hair is cut, receiving and sending transmissions to and from the environment are greatly hampered. This results in numbing-out .

Cutting of hair is a contributing factor to unawareness of environmental distress in local ecosystems. It is also a contributing factor to insensitivity in relationships of all kinds. It contributes to sexual frustration.
Yeah i agree. My mother cussed me out said "uuufff ufuf timo da dheer sida naago baa raabta? Absolutely not" and i am getting major pressure from pseudo sheikhs into cutting it. But i don't care , i say screw them. I will keep it.

But It truly proves how culture ain't static but an ever changing thing, if a half a century ago go they were rocking dhoore haircuts , long hair.

What made you cut your hair short if you regretted it?
Yea, hair is magical, it has an aura and don’t let them tell you otherwise. Hair grows from internal body and it’s your receptor to the external world. So losing it or having slow growth is a major health concern and a sign, address the underlying issue.

I have experienced what you, Gaashaanle1000 and the boy in the video experienced. The compliments coming from everyone from females to males and the compliments were stronger from non-Somalis. But instance when I hang around Somalis especially elders the rhetoric from them was strong, instantly suggesting I cut it; naive to the fact my hairstyle was like their grandfathers yesteryear.

I suffered from cognitive dissonance, one side family telling me to cut it since it looks ugly and unprofessional and on the other hand outside world was giving me nothing but praise. I crumbled to peer pressure and cut it, regret. But now I have a fresh fade with the top growing, now weekly or fortnight have to pay money to look “clean” but with long hair this was a non-issue, looked better and saved more. Learnt quickly from that lesson, that Somalis have lost their ways in regards to health, the Somali appeal and general knowledgeable, we have lost our wisdom and inner belief system

Oxidant
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Oxidant » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:36 pm

Whats the theory? i just figured that it was something linked to racial skull structure, but i have seen many somalis with medium or low hairline even tho on average ''High'' ones are a rule.. I myself have a medium hairline not to low and not to high.

What do you mean by lower third?

''Grow a slight fringe or long hair, and cover the forehead so high hairline doesn’t take away from facial features''

You mean like this?

Also check out the positive compliments he is getting about his looks and hair in the comment section of this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_wbCffETZY

The fact he looks like a generic Somali, further illustrates what you and i are saying about long hair.
Genetically every race has a different hairline, some higher and some lower. However, it shouldn’t get to a point when it becomes aesthetically unpleasing. Hairline should properly frame the face.

If you notice with newborn, you will notice that their hairline or hair grows right near the eyebrows. Between your eyebrow and hairline is your forehead which is full of sebaceous glands. There’re basically inactive hair known as vellus hair. The more ACCESS to androgens you have, the lower your hairline is, key word here ACCESS. Hence why men have lower hairline that women, hormones active sebaceous glands.
There’s two Somali newborn relatives of my and I notice that their hairline/hair is low. A critical phase in development for child is between newborn to the age of 6. During this phase they develop their unique features, facial structure foundation is set, proper or improper teeth alignment start and hairline forms.

But now, what would cause someone’s hairline to develop proper and get low as it should.

For the Somalis, I blame milk and the inability to absorb calcium from milk especially after the age of 2. After the age of 2, we stop creating the enzyme which helps break down milk. Sure, we get the macro nutrients from milk and some of the amino acids from it which stimulates growth but the calcium from animal milk sources bioavailability is low and body cannot do anything with it. After entering the system, lacking the enzyme to break it down and being low in bioavailability, the calcium needs to be deposited somewhere so it doesn’t damage the body. The body deposits it in the skull and forehead, nowhere else, as calcium in the serum or muscle would be damaging. Thus it calciumifes the forehead/skull, limiting and blocking blood flow to the hair follicle which needs nutrients and androgens to be activated. Look at the Somalis, Oromos, Dinka, Massai, Tutsi, Rendille and all other nomadic milk drinking groups(Ones with milk as a stable), all have much higher hairline than non-milk drinking groups.

Is Milk even a great bone builder as well? Asians, West Africans, South Africans, Southern Europeans, Pacific Islanders, Eskimos, Inuit people all hardily drink milk yet they have robust bones and with prefect hairline.

Milk definitely the culprit here, for the hairline issue. However, I don’t dismiss the growth factors in milk. Knew a Somali boy who went back to NFD, around the age of 14-15, he grew 3-4 inches within a year because of camel milk, he stands at 6’7 now. Maybe add camel milk to diet after puberty to ramp up development and growth??? A fine balance between growth, health and aesthetics?

But I wouldn't touch modern Western milk, full of hormones, especially estrogen.

And yea, the sugar as well. Refined Sugar/Insulin is the ROOT cause of heart disease. Poor blow flow less nutrients and androgens to the hair follicles, Yes, child as young as 8 have been shown in autopsy of having early heart disease.

Milk + Refined sugar to a child = Poor hairline development

This is my theory and working on it LOL :up: :lol:
Last edited by Oxidant on Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oxidant
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Oxidant » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:45 pm

Lower third is generally between under your nose to the bottom of your chin

Oxidant
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Oxidant » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:51 pm

Two Cadaan people, different gender, both with high hairline, one genetic and the other MPB. Instantly lowering the hairline, puts emphasis on their facial features especially jawline and nose and brings it out.

Oxidant
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Oxidant » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:59 pm

African Americans and West Africans have it the other way around. The reason the line up culture exists is because low hairline actually takes away from their facial features and lower third, so they raise it so these more emphasis on it.

It's a ying and yang world brothers :lol:

FarhanYare
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby FarhanYare » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:23 am

I wouldn't know how to maintain afro or long hair whether it is style wise or just general grooming. Plus it turns into steel wire mesh :|

thehappyone
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby thehappyone » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:25 pm

Further proof why should wear our hair long.

I literally went YEARS without a Tinder match, now I'm getting one every other day.

Only difference, before I had level 1 haircut pictures, and now I'm using my pre-eid hair pictures.

You should have told me this 10 years ago Image

TheMightyNomad
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby TheMightyNomad » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:08 pm

https://www.somalinet.com/forums/viewto ... 8&t=304714
https://www.somalinet.com/forums/viewto ... 8&t=301248
Postby Oxidant » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:39 am

I have someone unique to address today. This is regarding the condition and texture of your hair.

For the past month, I have been lazy when it comes to shampooing and conditioning my hair. Every time I am in the shower, I ask why must I put all these chemicals into my head, it isn't natural or healthy. So I went on a shampoo/condition fast and the results have been amazing. The first week my hair was really greasy and it even caused pimples to appear on forehead due to the amount of grease, however, I reasoned that my hair was returning to the natural level of Oil and it was creating some excess since it was finding its natural level. However, now that pimples have disappeared and my hair is lush and full than every before. When I use to use the shampoo/conditioner, my hair would turn dry quickly and become hard and need constant brushing to look presentable. However, now my hair looks darker, lusher and more wild and easier to maintain.

I suggest all of you try this at least for one month and report back your findings ,
Never use shampoo or conditioner on your hair, you don’t need it and if anything damages the hair and shampoo chemicals can cause immune response and dries the hair. The only external factors that help hair health is cold showers and sunlight. It has been years since I used that poison.
Interesting, ill take your advice thnx. I noticed that sometimes my hair is very soft & silky with moister and other times it is a lot more dry and frizzly. So i have to use hair butter/oil on it to keep it manageable. I didn't know why that was, but your explanation makes sense to me.

TheMightyNomad
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby TheMightyNomad » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:33 pm

I would have to disagree with you on this. Please study the English language, and how it is extremely limited compared to our ancient languages. English locks you in a low frequency of expression, and it seems to be getting smaller with deliberate dumbing down of the school system.

The entire language is based on white supremacy, and has tendencies of homosexuality imbedded within it. If you do not believe me, do the research and you will see what I mean.

Even in terms of health, English and most European languages place no emphasis on deep breathing and guttural sounds like our ancient languages. It actually causes issues with breathing and hypoxia.

Finally by forgetting your ancient mother tongue, you cut your connection to a fountain of ancient knowledge, just the amount of beauty and complexity within our poetry amazes even racist Europeans who study our language, as their languages do not even come close.

If you do not know your mother tongue, it is not too late, and do not worry about people laughing at you. Go home on holiday and reconnect to your people and land bro.
We still agree bro. What you said about the English language being ''white supremacy based'' is very true.

Ive said this before that language is perception and Europeans use their English language to the fullest in projecting their own world view at people and thus shaping peoples opinions to match their interests. It's easier transferred because English is the lingua fruanca of the world so we get stuck seeking our reality within the linguistic boxes built for Europeans.

Everything you said is right, we as a Somali people need to establish our own linguistic real estate.

I can even go in depth about how the universities and schools in the west inject neutral learnings and sciences with their western epistemology of atheism & secularism. But thats a whole another topic of discussion.

The point i was making earlier is that what is hindering us in enforcing the language is our lack of resources and governmental investment. There is very limited ways to learn the language for youth and back home isn't exactly the most stable organized place it either. So we need to fix our country and invest in our language, but before that happens we need prioritize what we can do at the moment and plan things long term-short term.

Also my other point is that we need to stop shaming and mocking youth raised in diaspora for not being able to speak Somali properly. To simply expect kids in the western world to know Somali when their surroundings are in a different language is just ignorant. It's even more ignorant to hold this against hem. The Somalis have pride in their language an expectations as a result but no facilities or means to teach people in the west nor enforce they usage of it. It's not bad to facilitate by encouraging them in healthy positive motivating way.

TheMightyNomad
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby TheMightyNomad » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:39 pm

Lower third is generally between under your nose to the bottom of your chin
So basically we got better jawline and chin then African Americans?

TheMightyNomad
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby TheMightyNomad » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:45 pm

Two Cadaan people, different gender, both with high hairline, one genetic and the other MPB. Instantly lowering the hairline, puts emphasis on their facial features especially jawline and nose and brings it out.

African Americans and West Africans have it the other way around. The reason the line up culture exists is because low hairline actually takes away from their facial features and lower third, so they raise it so these more emphasis on it.

It's a ying and yang world brothers :lol:
:ohhh: They look like completely different people. Now i see what you mean. A simple line up gives you that dramatic change your appearance. Thnx for this explanation it makes sense to me now why AAs are so obsessed with line ups and formed a culture around it.

Us Somalis need to do the opposite i presume.
Last edited by TheMightyNomad on Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheMightyNomad
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby TheMightyNomad » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:53 pm

Is Milk even a great bone builder as well? Asians, West Africans, South Africans, Southern Europeans, Pacific Islanders, Eskimos, Inuit people all hardily drink milk yet they have robust bones and with prefect hairline.

Milk definitely the culprit here, for the hairline issue. However, I don’t dismiss the growth factors in milk. Knew a Somali boy who went back to NFD, around the age of 14-15, he grew 3-4 inches within a year because of camel milk, he stands at 6’7 now. Maybe add camel milk to diet after puberty to ramp up development and growth??? A fine balance between growth, health and aesthetics?

But I wouldn't touch modern Western milk, full of hormones, especially estrogen.

And yea, the sugar as well. Refined Sugar/Insulin is the ROOT cause of heart disease. Poor blow flow less nutrients and androgens to the hair follicles, Yes, child as young as 8 have been shown in autopsy of having early heart disease.

Milk + Refined sugar to a child = Poor hairline development

This is my theory and working on it LOL :up: :lol:
Milk you say. Interesting theory, it could be. It also explains why like Somalis like Northern Europeans got big foreheads and high hairlines too. They are a big milk drinking culture. Yet southern and eastern ones typically don't have high hairlines.

I feel like refine sugar like you said does the most damage to us tho. Ive been seeing lately on insta fobs with some horrendous looking hairlines. Many are born with or develop hairlines like that which doesn't even frame the face properly . It is sad to see this because i'm sure this is a recent development.

Is it me or do fobs get worst out of the health damage of given to the collective Somalis. Reer magaals from back home that i've seen look way worse than the diasporians , some of them look straight Barkhad Abdi like, others display stunted height , poor growth in limb,head size. Not all of them but a lot of them. Why do you think that is, don't they not eat the same foods as us? or is it something else or is it strictly within my imagination.
Last edited by TheMightyNomad on Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

TheMightyNomad
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby TheMightyNomad » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:02 pm

Further proof why should wear our hair long.
I literally went YEARS without a Tinder match, now I'm getting one every other day.

Only difference, before I had level 1 haircut pictures, and now I'm using my pre-eid hair pictures.

You should have told me this 10 years ago Image
Loool. :lol: :lol: Sorry bro, i only grew my own hair out recently so i didn't know myself. But you can restart your re-growth journey with the new found knowledge.

Good luck :up:

Gaashaanle1000
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Gaashaanle1000 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:06 am

Milk you say. Interesting theory, it could be. It also explains why like Somalis like Northern Europeans got big foreheads and high hairlines too. They are a big milk drinking culture. Yet southern and eastern ones typically don't have high hairlines.

I feel like refine sugar like you said does the most damage to us tho. Ive been seeing lately on insta fobs with some horrendous looking hairlines. Many are born with or develop hairlines like that which doesn't even frame the face properly . It is sad to see this because i'm sure this is a recent development.

Is it me or do fobs get worst out of the health damage of given to the collective Somalis. Reer magaals from back home that i've seen look way worse than the diasporians , some of them look straight Barkhad Abdi like, others display stunted height , poor growth in limb,head size. Not all of them but a lot of them. Why do you think that is, don't they not eat the same foods as us? or is it something else or is it strictly within my imagination.
It is your imagination, because after my trips back home, I can say with certainty that people in Somalia are mostly better looking and physically aesthetic in comparison with their western counterparts.

I tend to see the typical round faced Halimos and early balding Faaraxs more in the west. Back home there are higher numbers with immaculate naturally straight teeth, even though many have them stained. They also seem to have better developed faces, high cheekbones and are naturally slim which can easily be remedied. Less cases of early balding back home also.

The girls over here are literally put to shame by the ones back home!

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.