Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Could the Oromo too be of Arab descent too?!-just a theory!

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
KUSH

Re: Could the Oromo too be of Arab descent too?!-just a theory!

Postby KUSH » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:05 pm

Somalis know their genealogy quite well, are Oromo the same ? being an expert in genealogy like being a xaafid in the quraan is a very esteemed position according to our tradition.

My genealogy goes up 30 generations in what would be considered Somali, further up it is Arabic and goes into Hadra Yemeni and further up it goes back Hejaz to Mecca to the prohpets family companion and causin Aqeel Talib, Marehan it self is an Old Quraysh name, and so is Sade.
You are not Somali, you are an Arab half breed whos lucky to be called Somali.

St8OuttaDirree
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby St8OuttaDirree » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:49 pm

Somalis know their genealogy quite well, are Oromo the same ? being an expert in genealogy like being a xaafid in the quraan is a very esteemed position according to our tradition.

My genealogy goes up 30 generations in what would be considered Somali, further up it is Arabic and goes into Hadra Yemeni and further up it goes back Hejaz to Mecca to the prohpets family companion and causin Aqeel Talib, Marehan it self is an Old Quraysh name, and so is Sade.
We know our genealogy very well. I can go 25-30 generations easily. Some people can go further down.

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:40 am

Somali is much older than oromo. Somali language is one of the oldest languages. .Arab Persian Hindu greek waves have arrived in the somali peninula through out the centuries. As far as 4000 years ago But we have old civilization land of punt.gallas are from Kenya and split of from masai. Somalia coined the term galla madow. The pagan gallas.waaq is the skygod of some darods who were pagans before islam. They intermarried with you and believed in the same pagan god. That's prior to Islam. In somaliland we had king bucurbacayr. Muhammed al xanif who adhered rabbanic judhaism and was magician duduub tawraata kuqaata. Sheikh isxaaq and yusuf al baqdadi destroyed his kingdom. His descedats still live in hargeysa small numbers we in Somaliland have the old mosques in Berbera andzeila masjid al qiblatayn when the sahabas arrived in Africa we accepted the faith.

Typhoon
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Typhoon » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:44 am

Waachis

if you watch oromo music video notice the comment section, how many somalis comment positively and at times suprissed how oromo culture is so similiar to somali, compared that with tigray and amhara, even if the habash comment its always in the context of ethiopianism which is synonomies with habasha and the oppression of the "others".

No somali can tell the difference between oromo muslim culture and somali culture.
even our language we borrowed so much from each other that the most educated linguist cant tell which of our two people originated words.

Waachis, I believe we are one nation with different tribes, somalis ire a tribe, so is oromo of and we form a larger nation. what separates us is LAW, xeer somali and oromo law, because surly religion cant separate us nor language, af maay may is almost identically to oromo because it has less arabic word then af maha tiri dialect of the somali language.

Waachis we the Mighty legendary Marehan Sade :D are the most secure in our identity, we told the somalis sing marxism, they sang, we said to them be proud of being african in early 70s, they said ok, at late 70s, we told them sing pan arabism, they sang and later we told them marxism is fake :D we are capitalist now and guess what they said... ok :lol:

Waachis there is more Marehan history around harar and the city of harar then somali republic,

the amxhara had centuries to assimilate the oromo yet the oromo nation is still there that shows you how dominant oromo culture is.
somali have assimilate a lot of oromos and vice versa because culturally they are similar and racially identical.

young somalis are becoming aware of oromos albeit from western racelist point of view, which is not bad but creates america like in-group and out group, thats why the somalis view kenyans and habasha as others and oromos and afar as part of their in-group white race

Waachis
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Waachis » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:03 am

Waachis

if you watch oromo music video notice the comment section, how many somalis comment positively and at times suprissed how oromo culture is so similiar to somali, compared that with tigray and amhara, even if the habash comment its always in the context of ethiopianism which is synonomies with habasha and the oppression of the "others".

No somali can tell the difference between oromo muslim culture and somali culture.
even our language we borrowed so much from each other that the most educated linguist cant tell which of our two people originated words.

Waachis, I believe we are one nation with different tribes, somalis ire a tribe, so is oromo of and we form a larger nation. what separates us is LAW, xeer somali and oromo law, because surly religion cant separate us nor language, af maay may is almost identically to oromo because it has less arabic word then af maha tiri dialect of the somali language.

Waachis we the Mighty legendary Marehan Sade :D are the most secure in our identity, we told the somalis sing marxism, they sang, we said to them be proud of being african in early 70s, they said ok, at late 70s, we told them sing pan arabism, they sang and later we told them marxism is fake :D we are capitalist now and guess what they said... ok :lol:

Waachis there is more Marehan history around harar and the city of harar then somali republic,

the amxhara had centuries to assimilate the oromo yet the oromo nation is still there that shows you how dominant oromo culture is.
somali have assimilate a lot of oromos and vice versa because culturally they are similar and racially identical.

young somalis are becoming aware of oromos albeit from western racelist point of view, which is not bad but creates america like in-group and out group, thats why the somalis view kenyans and habasha as others and oromos and afar as part of their in-group white race

Look at this somali singer, singing for his beautiful oromo wife?!
just shows u how close we are.
even when somali and oromo were fighting, before, when somalis captured some oromo women and kids, they didn't consider them ''jareer'' or ''inferior,'' and the somali men married the oromo women.
and we also assimilated many somalis and eventually they became oromos with the same rights as other oromos.

^^ Famous oromo singer Ali Birra singing in the somali language.

I like the Marehan Somalis. They are tough people. My parents lived among some of them in Kenya, I believe.
i know they live in NFD, do they live in Nairobi too? or is that ogaden dominated?

^an interesting documentary as well...

at the end of the day, I believe oromo, somali, afar, and saho (include Beja too, and perhaps the Sidama) descend from the same great great grand-father. some historians call somalis a slice of the oromo nation who were more influenced by arab immigration. either way, we're related, and nothing can change that.
and on the border u have many half half groups, who can be somali thursday, and then be oromo by friday jummah prayers. that's why our border is so difficult to settle/demarcate, and honestly, i dont see how tigrayans from all the way in northern abyssinia, can tell us oromo and somali how to settle our border. and he has loyal slaves like abdi illey who help make things worse.

Typhoon
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Typhoon » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:09 am

have you ever seen two nations in horn africa giving a joint statement with regards to minor skirmishers.
usually somalis do this with inter clan warfare.

and by the way i cant tell who is somali( i can tell maybe 1 or two) and who is oromo, can you tell

Typhoon
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Typhoon » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:26 am

I believe more oromos should interact with somalis as somali clannisim arouses oromo commonality, because somali clannisim arouses in others sense of nationalism.
notice in your case, the more you are in SNET the more you want to study your clans history and your peoples culture due to the constant boasting of somalis and their tit for tat.
as long as your are in SNET the name of the game is, dont ever give a inch :lol:

as for isaaqs, they are mountain old cushitic clans of unknown origin that were somalised thats why we call their somali speech af qaldaan and their somalis identity is not firm and settled.
its no secret among the somalis that north east somalia is not conducive for camel herders.
we somalis have never been Highland people, we always been lowland cushtic people.

notice the the settlement of majority of somali clans and how few settle on mountainous terrain...ding dong!

Waachis
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Waachis » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:31 am

have you ever seen two nations in horn africa giving a joint statement with regards to minor skirmishers.
usually somalis do this with inter clan warfare.

and by the way i cant tell who is somali( i can tell maybe 1 or two) and who is oromo, can you tell

Nope, not at all. Not even the issa and afar diaspora can meet like this and try to at least make peace.
i hope they do though, don't get me wrong, it hurts me to see muslim afar and muslim issa fighting.
to be fair, the issa are wrong on this one. they have been expanding westward into afar lands for a long time.
i would like to see them work it out, and form one state, if possible.
even add their land to oromia and djibouti and make the UCR=UNITED CUSHITIC REPUBLIC.
3 LANGUAGES, ALONG WITH ARABIC: AFAAN OROMO, AF SOOMAL, AND AFAR LANGUAGE.
3 autonomous states under 1 government: oromo state, afar state, and somali states.

and no i cannot tell who is who. even in real life, i get mistaken for being somali a LOT.
and my clan is not even bordering somalis, for the most part, they live in south and south west oromia, closer to sudan, the nilotics, and the omotic peoples.
but i still have the same cushitic features that a lot of us have: big forehead LOL, thinner lips, softer hair, thinner/narrower er nose/etc
when i lived in atlanta, georgia, i used to blend in with the local somalis. everyone thought i was a somali lol.

Typhoon
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Typhoon » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:40 am

the isse and afar fight is natural clan warfare unless there is third party namely a state(Djibouti) encouraging and funding and giving issa a unfair advantage)

the inter somali oromo historic warfare pushed somalis to the south and made oromo incerouge on the Abyssinian land up north whereupon Abyssinia as a entity can never be resurrected without oromos.

the ethiopian and somali states are the shackles that have been placed upon our two peoples, we dont have the ability to naturally form states...but god willing that will end.

Waachis
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Waachis » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:02 pm

the isse and afar fight is natural clan warfare unless there is third party namely a state(Djibouti) encouraging and funding and giving issa a unfair advantage)

the inter somali oromo historic warfare pushed somalis to the south and made oromo incerouge on the Abyssinian land up north whereupon Abyssinia as a entity can never be resurrected without oromos.

the ethiopian and somali states are the shackles that have been placed upon our two peoples, we dont have the ability to naturally form states...but god willing that will end.

EXACTLY. the corrupt djibouti govt is known to marginalize afar. just because they're smaller in numbers than the issa, doesn't mean djibouti isn't their country! this is why the djibouti civil war broke out, and dude, the afars were kicking issa ass, to be honest!
it took eplf, tplf, and even iraqi help, and french help, for the issa to get the upper-hands.
hararis say ''afars are the toughest humans ever.''
and that maybe true. we're all tough, but afar have 2 live daily life in the harshest land in the world, and it's nothing to them.

i believe eventually oromo will rule ethiopia or secede, and that will trickle down to somalis, afars, and the others.

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:29 pm

Thats afar propaganda. The djibouti government is not corrupt ismacil cumar geele is a true visionary leader . Ciise are the true land owners of djibouti. After that its isaaq who are the second most powerful Somali clan in Djibouti. Manassan ciise runs the politics. Isaaq runs the trade banking system. Affar are good for cultural things afar got prime minister position. Djibouti won't be divided it will never be ruled by afars.

Adali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Throw me to the hyenas and I will return laughing as the pack leader.

Postby Adali » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:23 pm

We know our genealogy very well. I can go 25-30 generations easily. Some people can go further down.
Cool :)
Does your genealogy go up to Oromo ? I am aware you are oromo by culture, language etc but does you genealogy go up to oromo or something else ?

AwRastaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AwRastaale » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:38 pm

Typhoon is desperate leaving no stone unturned to say anything about Isaac when the topic is even about aliens.

Shows his deep inferiority complex more than anything and it would be something if at least he made some sense.

I bet even his own Darrod are shocked.

Salad kasta xiligeda la tukada. We know why he is bitter.

Meanwhile Beled Hawo will go from Cushitic to Bantunization.

Typhoon
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Typhoon » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:44 pm

Thats afar propaganda. The djibouti government is not corrupt ismacil cumar geele is a true visionary leader . Ciise are the true land owners of djibouti. After that its isaaq who are the second most powerful Somali clan in Djibouti. Manassan ciise runs the politics. Isaaq runs the trade banking system. Affar are good for cultural things afar got prime minister position. Djibouti won't be divided it will never be ruled by afars.
you do know ismail cumar geele is marexaan :D

Typhoon
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Typhoon » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:50 pm

khalid, read my old post about mamasame
why am not surprised about the recent outburst of ina geele
issa is combination of tribes guess who is who?
western intelligence know power politics of somali clans.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.