Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Looking back at some topics and vulnerabilities to subversion/misinformation

Dadka ku dhaqan ama ka imaaday gobolkan

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Sheikh Voltage ibn Guleid-Shire al-Garbaharawi, Oil Baron

Looking back at some topics and vulnerabilities to subversion/misinformation

Postby Voltage » Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:12 am

I don't even want to waste my time identifying characters or playing the personality game. The schit has been beaten to death because it is always the same Agent(s) in the center of every subversive outcome.

It also seems to contextualize the recent bewildering exchange I had with someone where I randomly drifted in from absence to engage them without having taken full stock of their overall return to old habits.

Beyond that, it makes me try to imagine how "man in the middle attacks" might present themselves in real life to have such subversion playing out among our leadership or people.

Also honestly this lesson is one that is useful for all Somalis and really all individuals in life.

Whenever you hear any new information concerning Human Relations, default initial response should be F.A.L.S.E.

This doesn't mean the case is over, keep moving.

It literally means the onus is on you to confirm the information.

Or in other words, >>>BY HABIT, MENTALITY, WORLDVIEW.. you must condition yourself to research every single piece of human centered new information.

It should be automatic, machinical, hard wired, even auto pilot... to go from "received information" to "research."

It is irrelevant whether you can ever prove or disprove it but your 100% habitual reaction MUST BE PREDICTABLE. AND IT MUST BE YOUR LACK OR BELIEF IN THE INFORMATION FOLLOWED BY YOUR INITIATION OF FACT CHECK.

I go further honestly and after long practice (at first conciously forcing myself), it is second nature.

I not only believe the information is false as as a default response, but I subscribe LACK OF GOODWILL/BAD MOTIVE to the information carrier.

The challenge to disprove them has worked wonders in going beyond the cursory to really become invested in digging substantively in fact check rather than superficially.

Finally; some of the topics that caused this attempt to get us to notice vulnerabiliyies to misinformation;

1. One such topic
    https://www.somalinet.com/forums/viewto ... 6&t=400695

The MP seats are apportioned 4.5.

Marehan had the same seats before Galmudug in the same division.

You will see Sahal say something like Marehan Galmudug got 4 Mps and Habar Gidir 11 of the Galmudug seats with the implication MP seats were awarded to Galmudug and that is how it was divided.

No. Marehan Mudug got the same 4 MPs of the overall Marehan seats of 15 awarded to them by Marehan in how Marehan has been sharing their 4.5 apportioned seats.

Habar Gidir shared theor 4.5 apportioned seats in one place like before because they all have the same deegaa.

Galmudug just happens to correlate, it has 0 causation effect.
    • Similarly, SHEEKHAAL HAS THE SAME 4.5 APPORTIONED SEATS WHETHER THEY DO THEIR VOTE IN Saint Petersburg or whether they do it in St Helana.

If they have their vote im Baardheere, that just means a political attack to Madoobe Kismaayo admin as neither free nor secure. Baardheere as the second biggest town in Jubbaland is a choice Sheekhaal has made to come down politically on the side of the Gedo anti-Madoobe resistence.

There are no seats awarded to Baardheere or Galmudug or any territory up for competition. Seats are CLOSED AND APPORTIONED BY CLAN. NO Marehan competes in Sheekhaal seats and neither anyone but Marehan for Marehan seats.
  2. Another such topic
    https://www.somalinet.com/forums/viewto ... 6&t=400771

Pretend you have 4 children.

No child is an angel and they are all quite a headache.

But one is jealous, vindictive, and cuqdadlow. He comes slithering to sit next to you and as if he is smarter than you starts pointing fingers at siblings.."that one is vindictive, that one is masayroow, that one i cuqdadloow" etc

At first it is cute but after sometime, you want to take the child's finger and point it back on them.

From the day Ciis and Waayeel sat on their seats, there is a shameless UNUKAALEH xin and shaqo shaydaameed shamelessly masquerading itself with the blissful ignorance of that above child.

It is sad when the joke is ON YOU and you don't realize.
    • Also, even the frigging US Centcom knows the con of "clan gave their weapons up" which arose in one of the topics on the trajectory of the subversive misinformation. They frigging exchange a photo op, open fanta, qnd crack some pics. No clan gives up weapons and Balanbale in particular seems to have made a name for itself facilitating the con to fill Marehan quota in Galgaduud whenever any of paying regional admin was forking over a LIL for a PIC.

As for the weird virulently resentful tone against Wagardhac, frankly xataa Oliven waa laga xisho la'yahay.
But honestly and seriously, guys work on any vulnerability there might be to misinformation/subversion by the simple IT IS FALSE UNLESS I CAN PROVE IT

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.