Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Voltage come in

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Mk777
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Voltage come in

Postby Mk777 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:32 pm

I just come across your thread discussing somali history. https://www.somalinet.com/forums/viewto ... 3#p4983853
With all due respect sxb I want to ask you how you come to the outrageous conclusion that ilmo saransoor, descendent of gardheere samaale, eldest son of the samaale family is oromo, and daarood jaberti is somali.

Does your research conclude samaale is a fake figure?
What is the ancestry/abtiris of jaberti as they are not samaale?

Osob101
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Voltage come in

Postby Osob101 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:26 pm

Why even bother with those who don’t even know who their father is? Ilmo Jeberti and the Qaldaans are a confused bunch with Amxaar iyo balaayo ancestary.

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Sheikh Voltage ibn Guleid-Shire al-Garbaharawi, Oil Baron

Postby Voltage » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:45 pm

I just come across your thread discussing somali history. https://www.somalinet.com/forums/viewto ... 3#p4983853
With all due respect sxb I want to ask you how you come to the outrageous conclusion that ilmo saransoor, descendent of gardheere samaale, eldest son of the samaale family is oromo, and daarood jaberti is somali.

Samaale is a fake figure.

So is Darood.

In fact, I seem to have said the latter is even MORE of a fake figure on account of the Arab claim---which is the least probable origins.

Please read my points again.

This time without bias at least more open mindedly at first.

Finally,

I will just note my interpretation of your criticism is really about "time."

Time is sensitive when it comes to group identity because of the fear of its impacts on solidarity as well as spoils.

Do I belong? Am I fully invested?

It is the animal in us with flight or fight at the base.

The truth is even the need answer the question is irrelevant. It is superficial. I would like to see where any Somali is with the investiture to solicit such a question.

Sadly, there are only two groups victim to that; one is ironically probably the earliest member of the group or helped begin it's identity (Madhiibaan/Gabooye, inc) and the other is the only group with cultural identifiers source outside the group in existeence (Somali Bantu,inc)

Time is really not about IDENTITY you see but REFERENCE POINT.

And it directly correlates to the written record.

Sensitivity about fears of politicizing identity inversely can POLITICIZE OBJECTIVE REFERENCING.

There is a thin line between situating knowledge and knowledge being situated.

My position is this;

There is no group that is "more" Somali and they all started in the SAME unit and ended up in the SAME, but the PROCESS from A TO Z was incredibly complex journey.

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Voltage » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:53 pm

Why even bother with those who don’t even know who their father is? Ilmo Jeberti and the Qaldaans are a confused bunch with Amxaar iyo balaayo ancestary.
I am actually astonishingly surprised that I have personal ancestry sourced from both Ethiopian highlands as well as Sudan (the Cushitic continuum ending with Beja there perhaps?) according to my genetic testing. :)

Also, history isn't confused if people area.

I, and you, and all Custlitic Somalis were birthed in SIDAMA, southern Ethiopia. :P

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Voltage » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:36 pm

Btw as for historical material

1. This book is one of fascinating number of studies about the flexibility and adaptability of overall group identity between the Gugundhabe of NFD and Borana.

https://books.google.com/books?id=LwtpD ... an&f=false

It doesn't UNMOOR who they are WITHIN, but completely reconfigures who they are SEEN AS OUTSIDE to navigate watern and pasture accessibility.

I don't know if it was this book (if it isn't tell me), but I was struck by how old and complex this history must be when in one such renavigation from Somali-To-Oromosit down in Mooyaale the traditional nabadoon/oday/chief of the Ajuuraan reinforces the blood ties in the federative process by telling the Borana Gadaa/Chief that they share the same grandfather (one as legitimate grandson and the other as biological grandson aka beded his grandma)...

... Yet at that time in the cycle they were Ajuran Borana and the chief whose wife he shagged was also his cousin

But then he is the chief of the Ajuuraan who are now a Somali group in grazing back... But also cousin qnd therefore member of thr Borana when uo migration Ajuran are now Ajuuraan Borana... But also the grandfather of two boys of the same single family who are the ruling house in both groups.

I mean literally what we can assume is mind boggling is probably inversely JUST HOW COMFORTABLE, ACCEPTABLE, AND LONG ACCULTURATED the strategic game plan of survival the boundary or periphery birthed.

If drought happens on your right, will you die like a fool or will you drink on the left?

Osob101
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Osob101 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:40 pm

Voltage

I never denied my Somalinimo or that I am African. We have never claimed any sort of Arab ancestry as such that point is mute. There is only two Somali clans which have always insisted on being descended from a mythical Arab man.

Also spare me your giggles because we both know at the end of the day, all you want is acceptance and your mythical stories of the great Marehan. Speak for yourself as I am no Sidama iyo waxaad sheegeso. If there was ever a clan where their Somalinimo can never be questioned than it is I “HAWIYE”

Django
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Django » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:53 pm

Voltage if Darood is fake then Sade is Fake show MX is a conglomerate of Oromos is that so?

No wonder majority of reer Siyad Diini in Gedo are jareer and Raxaweyn origin. :ohhh:

balwarama
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby balwarama » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:33 am

For me the story of Qabiil in So'mal country that is closest to the truth is the Isaaq one. The second most probable story is of course the Daarood.

I'm absolutely convinced that Isaaq was a man from Arabia. I also find it difficulty to accept that story of Daarood can be concocted by the largely illiterate nomads and can linger this long with out anybody disputing it from with in the Daarood conglomerate itself, until now.

Also the distinct culture of Camel rearing and poetry composure among the Daarood and Isaaq claimants, makes me believe there is certain degree of truth to their sometimes wild claims.
Not to mention the sense of nobility that is hardly shared with the two groups mentioned above, in the horn of Africa, their arched palm feet and their overwhelmingly culry soft hair, makes one come to the conclusion that these two groups go a long way back.
It definitely needs further objective investigation.

Let us dig deeper while appreciating all that we have seen and heard over the years
Last edited by balwarama on Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

balwarama
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby balwarama » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:38 am

Voltage can you may be pay a little attention as to why the Marehan in Galgaduud, Mudug and Doolo/Hawd are on average good looking but the Marehan in Gedo look awful on average?

The Marehan in the first mentioned territories have largely that Caucasoid facial features.
But the ones in Gedo are overwhelmingly round faced and have that Bantuoid look. Just like there are plenty of Ogadens like that for argument sake!

Mk777
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Mk777 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:09 am

Samaale is a fake figure.

So is Darood.

In fact, I seem to have said the latter is even MORE of a fake figure on account of the Arab claim---which is the least probable origins.

Please read my points again.

This time without bias at least more open mindedly at first.

Finally,

I will just note my interpretation of your criticism is really about "time."

Time is sensitive when it comes to group identity because of the fear of its impacts on solidarity as well as spoils.

Do I belong? Am I fully invested?

It is the animal in us with flight or fight at the base.

The truth is even the need answer the question is irrelevant. It is superficial. I would like to see where any Somali is with the investiture to solicit such a question.

Sadly, there are only two groups victim to that; one is ironically probably the earliest member of the group or helped begin it's identity (Madhiibaan/Gabooye, inc) and the other is the only group with cultural identifiers source outside the group in existeence (Somali Bantu,inc)

Time is really not about IDENTITY you see but REFERENCE POINT.

And it directly correlates to the written record.

Sensitivity about fears of politicizing identity inversely can POLITICIZE OBJECTIVE REFERENCING.

There is a thin line between situating knowledge and knowledge being situated.

My position is this;

There is no group that is "more" Somali and they all started in the SAME unit and ended up in the SAME, but the PROCESS from A TO Z was incredibly complex journey.
Yes, some of the Somalis in nfd/Kenya have flip flopped through time in the eyes of historians. Some dir/hawiye/ gugundhabe clans on the periphery or Somali nation such as garre have adopted other language and were mistaken as being non somali by colonialists. This doesn’t change the fact that the garre clan for example have always identified as somali despite speaking different language as they have abtiris. The ajuuraan clan were the fathers of the greatest Somali civilisation in history sxb, they are more Somali then all of us I don’t care if even if they were to speak amxara Or Chinese.

balwarama
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby balwarama » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:19 am

Mk are you Gaaljecel?

Gaaljecel coincidentally also happens to be one of the better looking people you can find in the south along with some parts of the Raxanweyn.

We need to save our unique Somali skinny, soft curly haired, palm feet arched nation.

I don't care how it started.

ReturnOfMariixmaan
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ReturnOfMariixmaan » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:00 am

Voltage can you may be pay a little attention as to why the Marehan in Galgaduud, Mudug and Doolo/Hawd are on average good looking but the Marehan in Gedo look awful on average?

The Marehan in the first mentioned territories have largely that Caucasoid facial features.
But the ones in Gedo are overwhelmingly round faced and have that Bantuoid look. Just like there are plenty of Ogadens like that for argument sake!
Real Gedo ugly? What's with this gun ass nigga. Warya first take my dp and secondly what you wrote is a load of bullshit. I'm lightskin and I'm Reer Gedood asal ahayn

:wtf:

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Voltage » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:32 am

I gave you a response in thr other topic you similarly troll baited me at a reductionist level and if you read it, I hope you at the least appreciate honest engagement and if not, at least try to deprive me of your chosen talents for engagement where I am concerned.

Django
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Django » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:01 pm

Real Gedo ugly? What's with this gun ass nigga. Warya first take my dp and secondly what you wrote is a load of bullshit. I'm lightskin and I'm Reer Gedood asal ahayn

:wtf:
You are Borana Somali Abo that was brought into the fold of the tolka to boost their numbers.You have same culture as Borana.Moalimu looks straight up Borana.

Osob101
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Osob101 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:30 pm

Kulaaha the distinct culture of Camel rearing is the reason why the so called Arabian myth man is real. Arooye the nickname of
My entire clan comes from the Geel so please spare the us your fairy tales. Darood and Isaaq are clearly descended from Oromo, BoraNa, Amxaaro iyo yam yam kooda.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.