Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

President Farmaajo has empowered the Parliament

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Nomand
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: nomand, first of my names, king of the andals and the first men

President Farmaajo has empowered the Parliament

Postby Nomand » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:05 am

The lower Parliament, who hassan sheikh has recently described as being part and parcel of farmaajo admin is now the entity deciding the election for Somalia.

you even have FMS leaders today going around Mogadishu trying to lobby the MP'S for their vote. what this shows me is they accepted that the government/ Parliament is the only entity that can put into law the election process and that any deal will have to be approved by them.
that to me is a major win for Farmaajo.

this is what i think will happen

1) both this deal and Prime minister will be a "kill two birds with one stone". you will understand when the votes happen
2) upper house and FMS have been neutralized.
3) FMS leaders are still in mogadishu because the real agreement has not been reached yet
4) mogadishu 2 accord will be based on mogadishu 1 with the exception that this time it won't be subtraction but addition, expect mogadishu 2 to be even more then dhuusamareeb 3

now that the international community and the FMS have put their cards on the table, you will see President Farmaajos card. Plus the statement from the international community will be the weapon used to bring Mogadishu 2

Somaliweeyn007

Re: President Farmaajo has empowered the Parliament

Postby Somaliweeyn007 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:41 am

The lower Parliament, who hassan sheikh has recently described as being part and parcel of farmaajo admin is now the entity deciding the election for Somalia.

you even have FMS leaders today going around Mogadishu trying to lobby the MP'S for their vote. what this shows me is they accepted that the government/ Parliament is the only entity that can put into law the election process and that any deal will have to be approved by them.

1) both this deal and Prime minister will be a "kill two birds with one stone". you will understand when the votes happen
3) FMS leaders are still in mogadishu because the real agreement has not been reached yet
4) mogadishu 2 accord will be based on mogadishu 1 with the exception that this time it won't be subtraction but addition, expect mogadishu 2 to be even more then dhuusamareeb 3

now that the international community and the FMS have put their cards on the table, you will see President Farmaajos card. Plus the statement from the international community will be the weapon used to bring Mogadishu 2
LOL Nomand you must be the last of Farmaggios supporters, most have accepted defeat and see he has lost :lol: :lol:

paperino
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby paperino » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:09 am

Good analysis. I sometimes wonder why the useless upper house exists; waste of space & resources. Many countries (including Turkey) have a unicameral system that's far efficient. Simply put, a bicameral system is ill-suited for Somalia.
LOL Nomand you must be the last of Farmaggios supporters, most have accepted defeat and see he has lost :lol: :lol:
Elaborate how Farmaajo has been defeated. If you meant 1m1v has been defeated, it's a loss for all citizens of Somalia.

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Sheikh Voltage ibn Guleid-Shire al-Garbaharawi, Oil Baron

Postby Voltage » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:25 am

You surprise me. Who are you really? And I am not being facetious. I really don't know who you are as in I don't even know what sub-clan of Marehan you claim.

I say all of that without any attempts to be negative.

It is fascinating how you are about the ONLY other person on this forum or really in life---who doesn't seem to be suffering the accursed "INFORMATION GAP" AKA CIVIC IGNORANCE.

That statement is true for all the recent analysis you have been giving.

Please read below from what I said at the beginning of the process back in November.

You are essentially spot on with two caveats:

1. The "Parliament" isn't a monolith or fixed. The Parliament at the beginning of the debate has different dynamics to the Parliament of today. This is evidenced by the firing of Kheyre

The Parliament of today is more focused, orderly, and disciplined. This is why those who now want to advance the franchise of vote are ascendent.

2. The Donors "cards" are not on the Table. In fact, spiritually they are on Farmaajo's side--advancing the franchise/multiplying voting locatione----never forget the Donors at the bare bones are baptized on the altar of Classical Liberalism. Advancing the Vote, increased access for less powerful/unarmed clans (I hate the word "Minorities" in Somalia as signifier of oppressive discourse---Jowhar which everyone automatically thinks one clan for example is majority Shiidle/Somali Bantu), more women, IDPs,, etc----that's the Donor's principles.

The Donors are not stake holders, so they have no direct seat. Their role are facilitators and GUARANTORS of the social contract.

What this means is THEY ARE AFTER RESULTS...NOT DYING AT THE ALTER DEADLOCK.

When the majority of stakeholders have made a chocie----the Donors step in to face off with the hold out.

Parliament was the problem child in the beginning of the issue. In this case, if the VOTE reflects rumours----namely that Parliament is now on the side of the President, the Ministers and Gov, and with the majority of the people pushing for more advancement of the vote aka even more locations, THEN THE DONORS WILL STEP IN AND SHOOT AN ARROW TO LAND AT THE FEET OF FMS THAT SAYS YOU LOST, MOVE. WE DON'T HAVE TIME.
For reference please note my response back in November when this whole election bruhaha began.
They are playing hardball sxb.

Do you think the UN or EU or US don't know what circumstances need to be in place for universal suffrage (1man/vote)?

How can you have that when entire regions and towns and areas of the country are directly administered physically by Shabaab? How can you have that when you don't even have an accurate census to know who is eligible?

They know 1man/1vote is virtually impossible, but getting to that now is NOT their intention.

This is explained by what Somalis term "ku qabso ka qaadi mayside."

The rest of the word understands it as the point in negotiation where CLARIFICATION happens before BARGAINING.

In CLARIFICATION, for example the store owner will say he is selling the rug for $500 while you as the customer respond with $350.

The sides will always attempt to provide JUSTIFICATION for their clarification (store owner says this rug is hand made from Persia, you say well I have bought a similar one from your competitor for 350)

Now the owner doesn't really expect to get that high sale and you don't really expect that low discount, but you have CLARIFIED the boundaries to bargain (i.e. meeshaad kasoo degi kartiin).

Parliament knows what the mandate is.

Through the long sub-committee process and the very public leaks, Parliamentarians have been "clarifying" what they want to test the level of challenge. ( No 1man/1vote)

The UN/Donors have responded with their own clarification (full 1man/1vote)

Xoogagag wadaniyiinta/misinformation is the justification provided by Parliamentarians and "hebel baan aragnay/la tashanay" is the justification by UN.

Now that they have both clarified and justified their clarification, they will bargain or "compromise."

Like I said to Sahal;

8. In the end, there will be a compromise that provides "CONTINUITY" of progress in State Formation.

9. Mark my words; the compromise from UN/Donors will be they will accept universal 1man/vote cannot be done now in exchange for something that is more universal and competitive than 2016 elections.

10. I will WAGER an arm and a leg that what they have been demonizing as "Farmaajo's xogaga wadaniyiinta system" aka more universal participation will in the end be what most resembles the final election compromise.
If you would like the link to the topic, here it is to fascinate you about how much you misunderstood about this fake election bruhaha.

https://www.somalinet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=398449

Aka do you want to know what the "xoogaga wadamiyiinya" system was all about?

DIFFUSED ELECTION PLACES. VOTING FOR MAREHAN MPS IN GEDO AND NOT KISMAAYO.

These people do not even have the most basic understanding of what this is all about.

Nomand
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Nomand » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:34 am

Elaborate how Farmaajo has been defeated. If you meant 1m1v has been defeated, it's a loss for all citizens of Somalia.
[/quote]

for some people 1m1v would be their end in somali politics. similar to how if today amisom left somalia it would end their relevancy.

Nomand
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Nomand » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:48 am

voltage,

you don't need to know people personally, as for if you know my subclan or not that is irrelevant to this topic, but your take on the subject i welcome.

specially the example of the donors being there to make sure that the election in 2021 would be more inclusive to minority clans compared to 2016 election and what was agreed on in mogadishu.

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Sheikh Voltage ibn Guleid-Shire al-Garbaharawi, Oil Baron

Postby Voltage » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:50 am

voltage,

you don't need to know people personally, as for if you know my subclan or not that is irrelevant to this topic, but your take on the subject i welcome.

specially the example of the donors being there to make sure that the election in 2021 would be more inclusive to minority clans compared to 2016 election and what was agreed on in mogadishu.
Warning: Sidetrack

Do not mean to sidetrack but this is precisely why my brain never synchronized you as Marehan. :lol: My experience with Marehan is love you can actually feel

Moles are intrinsically cold...even when trying, it is more like a chill. An example is a nick that I accused you off that randomly takes unpremeditated pot shots at me (something something "you write a lot but don't say much") :)

Immediately my analytical brain is like flashing red "Looks like a mole, not surprised he just happens to be one of the unsychronized, probably using me as a conduit to express the real motivation, i.e. passive-aggression directed at MX. "

But I digress, at least now you have an explanation. :D

Nomand
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Nomand » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:30 pm

voltage,

Warning: Sidetrack

Do not mean to sidetrack but this is precisely why my brain never synchronized you as Marehan. :lol: My experience with Marehan is love you can actually feel

Moles are intrinsically cold...even when trying, it is more like a chill. An example is a nick that I accused you off that randomly takes unpremeditated pot shots at me (something something "you write a lot but don't say much") :)

Immediately my analytical brain is like flashing red "Looks like a mole, not surprised he just happens to be one of the unsychronized, probably using me as a conduit to express the real motivation, i.e. passive-aggression directed at MX. "

But I digress, at least now you have an explanation. :D
4 things

1) you need to stop taking everything to heart you are quoting what someone said about you and still holding that grudge. this is an internet forum
2) if someone attacks you then that does mean an attack on marehan
3) i really don't care who you think is marehan or not.
4) this is not a scooby doo episode when the bad guys mask is taken off he turns out to be someone else. i highly doubt anyone has the time to create multiple account and pretend to be someone else.

what i care about is talking about politics.

TarTar
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby TarTar » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:08 pm

Winning depends on who gets 2 choose MP and the power balance between FMS n FGS. I think Farmaajo is agreed to let Budhcadland choose both Majeerteen MPs as well for SSC. n Professor Klumps still acts a sovereign in Garowe. Correct me if I'm mistaken

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.