Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Nomand, Voltage et al regarding Kosovo

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Nomand, Voltage et al regarding Kosovo

Postby Khalid Ali » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:03 am

The status quo is perfectly fine with us aslong as alshabaab and the amisom stay in Somalia. The situation is good. We in Somaliland achieved so much in those 30 years. The au never said somaliland re independence in 1991 was illigal. Our case is the best one in africa stronger than South Sudan and Eritrea. Somaliland in its history prior to colonialism had never ever shared a country govt with Somalia. The other 2 did This year we will celebrate our 30th independence day. And may Allah continue to bless us with peace and stability and prosperity.

BigBreak
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby BigBreak » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:45 am

The status quo is perfectly fine with us aslong as alshabaab and the amisom stay in Somalia. The situation is good. We in Somaliland achieved so much in those 30 years. The au never said somaliland re independence in 1991 was illigal. Our case is the best one in africa stronger than South Sudan and Eritrea. Somaliland in its history prior to colonialism had never ever shared a country govt with Somalia. The other 2 did This year we will celebrate our 30th independence day. And may Allah continue to bless us with peace and stability and prosperity.
:up:

To Voltage I appreciate your calm input into this civil discussion and rational approach to the whole SL question even if we don't agree on key fundamentals. We'll just have to see what happens, I'm out

paperino
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby paperino » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:46 am

Who governed and any maps showing the borders of SL 'prior to colonialism'?

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Sheikh Voltage ibn Guleid-Shire al-Garbaharawi, Oil Baron

Postby Voltage » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:35 pm

Khalid, I am afraid by being in a state of non-recognition you are in fact opposed by all international norms and organizations; not just OAU, hut UN, Arab League, OIC, IGAD, etc etc etc.This is just a technical standard. :D

Once agsin though, let me clarify my position about the completely misunderstood OAU/AU guiding spirit about what existed as a colony;

1. It was never meant for a situation like Somaliland, i.e. allow for or make possible a "state."
2 It was meant for a situation like the Ogaden War, i.e. prevent or serve as a detterant to "irredentism" or ethnic reconfiguration.
3. Prevention of War not Recognition of a State

With that said, the inclusion of "Shabaab" as your continued wish for Somalia is perhaps one of the most malicious thoughts I have ever had the misfortune of coming across. I will reserve all further comment on this, but it is my hope you reconsider that position. My hope for the people of Somaliland, regardless of political differences, is continued peace, progress, and development.

Break,

It is unfortunate really. Somaliland wishing to leave is like a part of one's immediate family member instituting difference. People respond differently to that, but as affirmation of that choice, at the end one must be willing to let them ago in respect of their own right and independence to self-agency. I hope for reconciliation and continued union, but I have prepared for the difficult, reconfiguration and going separate ways.

At the end of the day I do not believe and will never support Somalia imposing a settlement of this matter. I defer to Somaliland people on their right to self-determination; all of Somaliland's people.

Any final solution must be grounded in, sanctioned by, and led by this spirit.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.