Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

DEVELOPING: Kenya told Turkey "for mediation, we are prepared to throw Madoobe out, meet Farmajo 100% on Jubbaland"

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
WadaniggaBarakaysan
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Re: DEVELOPING: Kenya told Turkey "for mediation, we are prepared to throw Madoobe out, meet Farmajo 100% on Jubbaland"

Postby WadaniggaBarakaysan » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:40 pm

There shouldn't be mediation when the #ICJ is starting to deliberate the case and eventually release a verdict. It would be a dumb decision and actually a dangerous one for the Somali government to accept any mediation when Kenyans have exhausted all options in order to delay the court date or coerce the FGS to accept mediation.
What Voltage is saying is that getting rid of Madoobe is more important than the Somali territorial integrity. Think about that. Good thing is that Moooge's time is up, and as for the Kenyan AMISOM forces, they would leave when the Ethiopians leave. And even if the Kenyans leave, you are a minority in Jubaland and things will remain the same; you would just report to another OG.
Ironically, this is the reason why I disavowed "5 Star Somaliweyn" concept about 9 years ago and have not looked back for a second. Probably my single most passionate disagreement with Marehan, if we ever argue, is retrograde concepts of Somali irredentism or "nationality"--although I find disagreeing less and less these days. A lot of Marehan have come full circle and understand how bankrupt that ideology is when the reer Garissa they were fighting for heave lead Kenhan helicopter gunships INSIDE SOMALIA AGAINST GEDO REGION.

And today, the same one I left the bankrupt and superficial "5 Star" regression tries to manipulate me on my 1 Star position.

This you?

I honestly don't give a shiiit if Kenya wins the court battle on that maritime issue. All I care about this is that that piece of maritime is Makaahiil, OG land. To me, Garissa and Kismaayo are the same and as long as they are in OG hands, fook what the fake name of the country says. Both of them are my cities.

https://www.somalinet.com/forums/viewto ... 8#p4956516

My friend Kismaayo is most definitely not Garissa and I would entertain even mediation----something still substantially minuscule compared to your subversion----to close the chapter on the [already failed] 10 year betrayal.

Also, it is still tacsi so I have not remarked on this, but in 2010, Cabdi Iley was in Addis and Yusuf Haji was in Kenya---without going into the odds of those circumstances at that time finding the luck it did, the intervention that prevailed, the mbiotic positioning vis-a-vis domestic influencing that occurred and what it sustained in the face of a very vulnerable Somalia---I will just say that historically rare decade has had the last light in the Castle turned off recently.

Jubbaland is already crossing back to equilibrium.
One of the MOST profound things I have ever read in my life. :lupe:

Voltage, can I ask you a question? The Marehan that live on the Ethiopian side of the border, do you consider them to be citizens of Somalia?

Shirib
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: DEVELOPING: Kenya told Turkey "for mediation, we are prepared to throw Madoobe out, meet Farmajo 100% on Jubbaland"

Postby Shirib » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:44 pm

What’s their to negotiate or mediate? The sea dispute is non negotiable.

WadaniggaBarakaysan
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby WadaniggaBarakaysan » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:48 pm

What’s their to negotiate or mediate? The sea dispute is non negotiable.
Forget the sea dispute, Kenya today is in a position to annex Jubbaland if it wanted. Kenya is part of the Common Wealth organization and her decisions will be protected and supported by major powers. Somalia is in no position to challenge ANY country politically, economically or militarily. I'm honestly surprised this hasn't happened YET. :lol:

Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Murax » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:51 pm

Wow, Beesha 5th column. Benedict ‘Guhad’ Arnold’s dirty past posts got exposed :lol:

Kismaayo will never be Gaarisa. Gaarisa is Kenya, Kismaayo is Somalia. KDF sooner or later will leave, don’t make that your long term plan.

WadaniggaBarakaysan
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby WadaniggaBarakaysan » Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:01 pm

Wow, Beesha 5th column. Benedict ‘Guhad’ Arnold’s dirty past posts got exposed :lol:

Kismaayo will never be Gaarisa. Gaarisa is Kenya, Kismaayo is Somalia. KDF sooner or later will leave, don’t make that your long term plan.
Murax, I have a feeling Guhad genuinely believes Marehan sat down with Kenya and signed off Gaarisa (NFD) to Kenya. It is as if his revenge is to have Gedo, Lower Jubba and Middle Jubba also annexed into Kenya just so Marehan can experience the misery that comes with the Kenyan occupation of Gaarisa. :lol:

Caytame
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Caytame » Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:20 pm

:lol:
Thank you for saying as it is.
For ilkayars, it was always about getting rid of madoobe. Damn, it must suck being an ilkayar that you're willing to walk back the "kenya is an enemy" narrative and ready to suck off Kenya if it means Madoobe goes. :lol: Why? is it too exhausting to keep playing the concerned "wadani" anymore? lmao!

Madoobe will not go anywhere, he'll likely return in 2025 if he's alive. That's more likely than seeing midgaan quulle connoisseur become president.

But don't let that stop from making your millionth thread predicting another doom for Madoobe.
Every month, they hold banaanbax begging to have a district in the vast areas they live between Doollo and Caabud Waaq, but no one pays attention to them as they are not thrusted and considered normal people. The Ethiopian border is right on edges of Caabudwaaq, and they have so many qabale that could qualify for a district; Yamaarugreely, Burgeesoole , and so on. No luck :) On the other hand, Dhabayaco has three districts in Doollo, and Dhulbahante is about to get one via Marqaan or Cagaarweyne. Abayoonis might get one too. I am sorry Bessha Farmaajo.
They have been screaming "brother abiye" "walaalo Ethiopia" for 4 years and all the sudden, because of a rumor that Turkey might mediate an out of court settlement, they're willing to abandon that and become pro Kenya. This is what happens when people lack vision, and have no direction or ideas that govern their whole beliefs and aspirations.
flip flopping like a fish out of water, one can say, is the very reason why they're now on a panic mode, having to defend Gedo from madoobe using the entire SNA and betting on a farmaajo return because they know without him, they're done. :lol:
Strategizing isn't for everyone.

The future does indeed belong to those who prepare for it today.

guhad122
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby guhad122 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:00 pm

Previously confused and uninformed about the Somali clan symmetries, Abiy is finally confronting the reality that there is nothing to gain but so much to lose in supporting a minority president. Just last week, the chiefs of DDS spoke with him, and he admitted that he no longer favors anyone in the race, which is completely different from his statement when he openly said, "I will do anything in my power to have Farmajo back."

Apparently, Abiy wanted to use Farmaajo to put pressure on Kenya for regional dominance, and as soon as Kenya got Djibouti on its side, that plan fell apart. In regards to Jubaland, once all AMISOM troops leave, especially the ones from neighboring countries, Janan will take BeledXaawo in an hour.
Don't waste too much time on these kids. Let us continue consolidating the power in the Horn! God forbid, if worst happens due to Farmaajo's ignorance and incapability for the case, and Kenya wins the case, that disputed area falls within an OG land. NFD will get a huge junk of water to fish. Let them cry.
:stylin: :stylin: :stylin:

original dervish
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby original dervish » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:21 pm

[quote=Murax post_id=4993697 time=1614423146 user_id=143455]
Original Dervish what happened to you? Unless my memory is off, once upon a time You used to say ‘Farmaajo stay winning’.
[/quote]

Murax.......I could as you the same question vis-a-vis J/L.
Farmaajo lost my support when he tried to destabilise J/L in pursuit of a narrow tribal agenda.

When Farmaajo was elected I welcomed him, as I have every president since C/Yusef, however, since he began his authoritarian actions I withdrew my support.

ReturnOfMariixmaan
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ReturnOfMariixmaan » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:58 pm

Previously confused and uninformed about the Somali clan symmetries, Abiy is finally confronting the reality that there is nothing to gain but so much to lose in supporting a minority president. Just last week, the chiefs of DDS spoke with him, and he admitted that he no longer favors anyone in the race, which is completely different from his statement when he openly said, "I will do anything in my power to have Farmajo back."

Apparently, Abiy wanted to use Farmaajo to put pressure on Kenya for regional dominance, and as soon as Kenya got Djibouti on its side, that plan fell apart. In regards to Jubaland, once all AMISOM troops leave, especially the ones from neighboring countries, Janan will take BeledXaawo in an hour.
Don't waste too much time on these kids. Let us continue consolidating the power in the Horn! God forbid, if worst happens due to Farmaajo's ignorance and incapability for the case, and Kenya wins the case, that disputed area falls within an OG land. NFD will get a huge junk of water to fish. Let them cry.
:stylin: :stylin: :stylin:

I’m up this say less.

:wow:

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Sheikh Voltage ibn Guleid-Shire al-Garbaharawi, Oil Baron

Postby Voltage » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:16 pm

What Voltage is saying is that getting rid of Madoobe is more important than the Somali territorial integrity. Think about that. Good thing is that Moooge's time is up, and as for the Kenyan AMISOM forces, they would leave when the Ethiopians leave. And even if the Kenyans leave, you are a minority in Jubaland and things will remain the same; you would just report to another OG.
Ironically, this is the reason why I disavowed "5 Star Somaliweyn" concept about 9 years ago and have not looked back for a second. Probably my single most passionate disagreement with Marehan, if we ever argue, is retrograde concepts of Somali irredentism or "nationality"--although I find disagreeing less and less these days. A lot of Marehan have come full circle and understand how bankrupt that ideology is when the reer Garissa they were fighting for heave lead Kenhan helicopter gunships INSIDE SOMALIA AGAINST GEDO REGION.

And today, the same one I left the bankrupt and superficial "5 Star" regression tries to manipulate me on my 1 Star position.

This you?

I honestly don't give a shiiit if Kenya wins the court battle on that maritime issue. All I care about this is that that piece of maritime is Makaahiil, OG land. To me, Garissa and Kismaayo are the same and as long as they are in OG hands, fook what the fake name of the country says. Both of them are my cities.

https://www.somalinet.com/forums/viewto ... 8#p4956516

My friend Kismaayo is most definitely not Garissa and I would entertain even mediation----something still substantially minuscule compared to your subversion----to close the chapter on the [already failed] 10 year betrayal.

Also, it is still tacsi so I have not remarked on this, but in 2010, Cabdi Iley was in Addis and Yusuf Haji was in Kenya---without going into the odds of those circumstances at that time finding the luck it did, the intervention that prevailed, the mbiotic positioning vis-a-vis domestic influencing that occurred and what it sustained in the face of a very vulnerable Somalia---I will just say that historically rare decade has had the last light in the Castle turned off recently.

Jubbaland is already crossing back to equilibrium.
One of the MOST profound things I have ever read in my life. :lupe:

Voltage, can I ask you a question? The Marehan that live on the Ethiopian side of the border, do you consider them to be citizens of Somalia?
It has been complicated. This has historically been an imposed outcome for Marehan, among some other Somali clans.

This needs a brief historical explanation.

In 1908, the Italians and Abbysinians tried to finally mark a border between Ethiopia and Italian Somaliland.They failed to agree on a physical line, but they established which Somali clans in the interior came under which "sphere."

1. Tribes facing the Coast
    1. Marehan and Majerten between Shabelle River and British Somaliland
    2. Baadicadde on the Shabelle River
    3. Rahanweyn below the Shabelle River
  2. Tribes facing the Ogaden
    • All Ogaadeen principally
    • All Degoodiye principally
    • All Darod, Hawiye, and Dir not within Marehan/Majerten line or Baadicadde line or Rahanweyn line
Understand what this means, the disagreement on the boundary line would henceforth be waged on the back of Somali clans who now represented the boundary.

So when people look at the map today and say "Marehan is at the border"
  • Marehan is not AT the border (and neither is Rahanwayn AT the border)
  • The Border is "AT MAREHAN" (and AT RAHANWEYN below the Shabelle).

This had drastic consequences primarily for clans on Italian Sphere since the "Ogaden" is grazing and it also had drastic consequences for some groups on Ethiopian sphere (Bah Geri had to move back from Beled Weyne Areas and Degoodiye from Luuq/Dollow);

But the most disastrous consequence was for Marehan---who for the 5th generation now running---were completely pushed out of their original homeland in Shilaabo

----and to this day are the single largest disenfranchised Somali clan in Ethiopia, still settling an area the would be the 3rd biggest district in Somali region with historically 0, absolutely 0 representation in administration.

An unfortunate circumstance Guhaad still milks to advantage today.

Recently however, two Marehan sub-clans have succeeded in breaking the curse---Marehan/Rer Hassan have received 5 MPs with the formation of a 3rd District in Liban called Deka torn from Filtu and Odo and Marehan/Wagardhac have successfully established Kaxandhaale as an official district on the border tearing it from Galaadi.

The next steps are under plans right now.

ImageImage

BigBreak
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby BigBreak » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:23 am

An out of court settlement is the best course forward

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Voltage » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:16 pm

Recently, for the first time in almost a 1/2 century, the young Sade Bari Ugaas, Ugas Ahmed Keyse, led an initiative as the Ugaas Marehan of central plains to hold Court in Wardheer town.

The young Sade Bari Ugaas hasn't even been crowned yet, and he is already a historical character taking after the mold of his ancestor the Ali Xaabuun Ugaas of Ceelcad (original Galgaduud, Mudug, southern Nugaal, Shilaabo, Wardheer).

This is also again, thé first time in more than 50 years the Ali Xaabuun Ugaassate has held court in the old Doolo plains.

Marehan in Dollo/Wardheer and Shilaabo/Qoroxeey are Ethiopian citizens, to answer your question Wadaniga, and this is why they have made peace with the Ethiopian state recently and are working on securing administrative control over their lands which hasn't been possible in 80 years.

Caytame
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Caytame » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:12 pm

For those unfamiliar with galbeed politics, there's no district called kaxandhaale. :lol: Voltage is making shit up as usual, knowing his delusions and lies are just that, delusions. Doollo region has 7 degmo.
Wardheer(gundhiga aka magaalo madax of doollo)
Danoot
Daratoole
Leheloow
bookh
geladi
galxamur

the first four are Makaahiil. the other 3 somali oo dhan baa daga laakiin waxaa u badan Harti iyo in yaroo geri koombe ah. marehan live in small pockets of geladi and have zero representable district from the entire region. :lol:

of course that will not stop the online isbaaro merchants that's midgaha marehan to claim lands. for god's sake, they were claiming eritrea and tigray regions recently. :lol: Take anything these clowns say with a pinch of salt.

as for Gedo, this issue will be put to bed as soon as Farmaajo, who is now without the support of abiye axmed who faces International pressure, is exiled and that, as any betting man can tell you, is overwhelmingly likely.

What you see here from voltage and his minions, some of whom could be his own other accounts, is nothing but a group therapy. lmao

WadaniggaBarakaysan
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby WadaniggaBarakaysan » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:14 pm

For those unfamiliar with galbeed politics, there's no district called kaxandhaale. :lol: Voltage is making shit up as usual, knowing his delusions and lies are just that, delusions. Doollo region has 7 degmo.
Wardheer(gundhiga aka magaalo madax of doollo)
Danoot
Daratoole
Leheloow
bookh
geladi
galxamur

the first four are Makaahiil. the other 3 somali oo dhan baa daga laakiin waxaa u badan Harti iyo in yaroo geri koombe ah. marehan live in small pockets of geladi and have zero representable district from the entire region. :lol:

of course that will not stop the online isbaaro merchants that's midgaha marehan to claim lands. for god's sake, they were claiming eritrea and tigray regions recently. :lol: Take anything these clowns say with a pinch of salt.

as for Gedo, this issue will be put to bed as soon as Farmaajo, who is now without the support of abiye axmed who faces International pressure, is exiled and that, as any betting man can tell you, is overwhelmingly likely.

What you see here from voltage and his minions, some of whom could be his own other accounts, is nothing but a group therapy. lmao
Did you just lay claim to Wardheer & Danoot as exclusively Makaahiil? I didn't know Dhulmahante and Majeerteen were Makaahiil. :lol:

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Voltage » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:10 pm

Wadanig-

Caytame, unfortunately, is not a particularly intelligent man. I say this not to be meanspirited---but to be quite frank. I almost never point at anyone's intelligence given what it represents, but Caytame is an exception, and like this moment, have before been compelled to point this fact out---when, again, I rarely say that about anyone.

For example: If I just said this is the 1st time in more than 50 years the Marehan Ugaas is holding court or that Marehan just made peace with Ethiopia on Statehood after 80 year's of state of war---what makes a logical, intelligent person respond with political representation as a rational barometer for replying to a post describing political inequality/disenfrenchisement?

Also, I am not surprised he responded with political representation to begin with. You see, Somali Region even today sort of represents "occupied territory" --- understandably of course given what I just said about that 80 years hostilities since Ethiopia declared sovereignty over the area.

Occupied territory is about control; it is about reward and punishment. It is not about fairness; it is not about equality. It is about divide and conquer, bribe or starve; it is about capitulation or strangulation.

Do you see how Somalia has only had 1 single change in administrative unites---in 1972 and even the districts of 1991 are still acknowledged as largely appropriate and relevant 30 years later?

Look at Somali Region under the administration of Cabdi Iley---with the complete backing of the TPLF who gave him license to resources to enforce capitulation through nepotism or strangle through force; no less than 5X has Somali Region underwent complete map change and Cabdi Iley in particular oversaw the most corrupt, inefficient, and nepotistic bloated administrative organization you can ever think of.

He realized quickly the price for taking support from the ONLF in the Ogaden countryside was "wherever a bird shat in front of an Ogaden elder---name it a district."

It is always slightly amusing when I see primitive, 3rd world mindsets reference the concepts underpinning their subjectivity as "legitimizing."

Never the less, later I will response directly to some of his misunderstandings about Kaxandhaale and where Marehan lives in Doolo.

Guhaad used to be like him----until Marehan became engaged in the land and Guhaad found out just how extensively Marehan still lives in the land which political is administered as if Marehan doesn't even exist there entirely monopolized politically in his name.

It is completely a fictional, manufactured political environment which is why I say they milked an 80 year state of hostilities between Marehan and Ethiopia to their extreme advantage.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.