Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1977; L'Unita, top Italian Newspaper: Emir Nur of Pure Marehan origins

Dadka ku dhaqan ama ka imaaday gobolkan

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

1977; L'Unita, top Italian Newspaper: Emir Nur of Pure Marehan origins

Postby Gubbet » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:30 am

Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: 1977; L'Unita, top Italian Newspaper: Emir Nur of Pure Marehan origins

Postby Gubbet » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:41 am

Also the journalist is famous for being the first international journalist to interview Fidel Castro after the Coup.

Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gubbet » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:39 pm

DaahirMursal

Postby DaahirMursal » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:57 pm

Interesting. :up:

Will look into this later to see if this is legit. :MJ:

Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gubbet » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:14 am

Are you asking for a link since the citation is in the title (July 31st, 1977, L'Unita, Italy??

Here is a direct archival link of the page from the official website.

https://archivio.unita.news/assets/main ... ge_015.pdf

ReturnOfMariixmaan
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ReturnOfMariixmaan » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:13 pm

Interesting. They keep referring to Geri as the most plausible clan of the Imam. The Italians anyways.

Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gubbet » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:23 pm

It makes a lot of sense Saddam.

1. They always stress the difference between Ahmed Gurey theory and the Emir Nur "known." For example, in this report ghey stressed hr was "Pure" Marehan as in much lower ambiguity than Gurey.

2. Gurey is not definitively described nor uniqur claimed by one group---he is claimed by every group pretty much.

3. Not everyone is relevant to the history though. Geri Koombe are as important ad Marehan of the Somalis to this issue. I mean Marehan is not "more" important in this story. They literally both are equally thr most important Somali groups in thks story, follow4f H Makaadu, etc.

4. While Amin Nur married Gurey's wife, the Geri leader was married to Imam's sister! That is exceptionally as important as dumaal for deducing linkages.

5. Finally, the Geri had the best relationship out of the two with the Imam. I mean kf you look ay a scenerio like Farmaajo vs Janan, the central leader vs wily wilay, eccentric regional leader of their clan and the central leader having to go in and disclpline his clan behind him you can understand the possibilities but still the fact fhat Geri has a better relation is usuallh, but not always, the nest indicator for ties.

I would pick Gerri claim over anyone else too if I were an objective observer

ReturnOfMariixmaan
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ReturnOfMariixmaan » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:20 am

1. They always stress the difference between Ahmed Gurey theory and the Emir Nur "known." For example, in this report ghey stressed hr was "Pure" Marehan as in much lower ambiguity than Gurey.

2. Gurey is not definitively described nor uniqur claimed by one group---he is claimed by every group pretty much.

3. Not everyone is relevant to the history though. Geri Koombe are as important ad Marehan of the Somalis to this issue. I mean Marehan is not "more" important in this story. They literally both are equally thr most important Somali groups in thks story, follow4f H Makaadu, etc.

4. While Amin Nur married Gurey's wife, the Geri leader was married to Imam's sister! That is exceptionally as important as dumaal for deducing linkages.

5. Finally, the Geri had the best relationship out of the two with the Imam. I mean kf you look ay a scenerio like Farmaajo vs Janan, the central leader vs wily wilay, eccentric regional leader of their clan and the central leader having to go in and disclpline his clan behind him you can understand the possibilities but still the fact fhat Geri has a better relation is usuallh, but not always, the nest indicator for ties.

Very salient points. I respect claims that is backed by contemporary records and oral tradition that match up. Geri and Marehan played the most significant roles in the saga alongside Jidwaaq as well. Thank you for sharing this with me my man. You taught me a lot.

Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gubbet » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:45 am

Very salient points. I respect claims that is backed by contemporary records and oral tradition that match up. Geri and Marehan played the most significant roles in the saga alongside Jidwaaq as well. Thank you for sharing this with me my man. You taught me a lot.
You are welcome my guy. Gaal dil gartiisana sii, laysma xasdo meeshaan. That's the difference between constructive, rational observation of history vs illogical, resentment based misuse of history.

XimanJaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby XimanJaale » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:54 pm

Can you guys post sources that were produced before 1969. Some non-Marehans belief anything written after 1969 is fabricated. So for their sake just post something pre1969. Just saying

ReturnOfMariixmaan
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ReturnOfMariixmaan » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:42 pm

Can you guys post sources that were produced before 1969. Some non-Marehans belief anything written after 1969 is fabricated. So for their sake just post something pre1969. Just saying

Here you go ina adeer.

https://www.somalinet.com/forums/viewto ... c57f0fece0

https://www.somalinet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=397325

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.