Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Amhara prophecy that is destabilizing Ethiopia, the “awaited 8th king”

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
ReturnOfMariixmaan
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

The Amhara prophecy that is destabilizing Ethiopia, the “awaited 8th king”

Postby ReturnOfMariixmaan » Mon May 17, 2021 12:05 pm

The Amhara are back and will make a play for the whole Horn. They are already setting up communities in Jigjigia and etc. This belief in a divine Ethiopia which rules the Horn is held by the highest circle of Amhara elites. Abiy is a tool by the Amhara and will be deposed of as soon as he fulfills his mandate of covertly empowering the Amhara. Secondly, they view his government as an extension of the OLF even if he’s pro Amhara. This one of the most interesting articles I read in a while. Kenya is our enemy at the moment but Ethiopia if it survives and is under Amhara control, the next generation’s fight will be keeping the ethnic homogeneity of the Somali peninsula. The West is only angry at Ethiopia for inviting in China and Abiy cooperative relationship with Somalia. They set up this Horn integration as a scheme to contain and control Somali hegemony. They fear a return of a strong Somalia for this very reason. I’m not a centralist at all but when it comes to national defense and intelligence; Somalis need to let go of their egos and local disputes and look at the geopolitics of the region for the future. A historical parallel is Al Andalus and it’s Taifa system which was picked off one by one by the Christian Spaniards resulting in the complete loss of their land. This is my warning to the dumb Zoomalis:

BigBreak
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: The Amhara prophecy that is destabilizing Ethiopia, the “awaited 8th king”

Postby BigBreak » Mon May 17, 2021 12:23 pm

The true reason IMO why the West doesn't want an independent SL to be recognized is because they fear a Somali majority country not only free from imperialist influence but also able to help other ethnic Somalis in the rest of the Somali Peninsula be peaceful and live with both freedom and dignity in their own lands.

Sad selfish Zoomalians like Mooge rather wanting SL to be down at their low level instead of fixing their own shit

ReturnOfMariixmaan
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ReturnOfMariixmaan » Mon May 17, 2021 1:07 pm

The true reason IMO why the West doesn't want an independent SL to be recognized is because they fear a Somali majority country not only free from imperialist influence but also able to help other ethnic Somalis in the rest of the Somali Peninsula be peaceful and live with both freedom and dignity in their own lands.

Sad selfish Zoomalians like Mooge rather wanting SL to be down at their low level instead of fixing their own shit

Sxb this go beyond SL/Somalia. This is a question of Somalis having a free country and dictating their own affairs. Foreign troops everywhere, states acting independent. The Somali race collectively is at its weakest. Sad reality I pity my people.
Last edited by ReturnOfMariixmaan on Mon May 17, 2021 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BigBreak
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby BigBreak » Mon May 17, 2021 1:21 pm

Who will be the new Ahmed Gurey though

ReturnOfMariixmaan
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ReturnOfMariixmaan » Mon May 17, 2021 1:33 pm

Who will be the new Ahmed Gurey though

He will emerge that I have no doubt on. Don’t fret brother.

BigBreak
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby BigBreak » Mon May 17, 2021 1:42 pm

Is this just Kablalax propaganda or what

ReturnOfMariixmaan
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ReturnOfMariixmaan » Mon May 17, 2021 1:58 pm

Kabalax propaganda brother. Plus, a true leader doesn’t want AMSOM of all countries whether that’s Ethiopia or Kenya. They are gaslighting their own preferred relationship with Kenya. I detest all of them my friend. AMSOM is neo colonialism. They are too brain dead to see that.

BigBreak
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby BigBreak » Mon May 17, 2021 2:15 pm

Kabalax propaganda brother. Plus, a true leader doesn’t want AMSOM of all countries whether that’s Ethiopia or Kenya. They are gaslighting their own preferred relationship with Kenya. I detest all of them my friend. AMSOM is neo colonialism. They are too brain dead to see that.
:up:

zidane88
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby zidane88 » Mon May 17, 2021 3:29 pm

We, somalis, are always the weakest link but the Amhara dream is hard to be fulfilled right now. Most of Amhara right wing leaders have been put in jail Askendar Nega and lidute Ayelaw, and others while Ayelaw has been released and fled to America.
Same fate had been met by Oromos Jawar mohamed and 22 others. Those at the helm now are remnants of EPRDF without TPLF. They want to smooth things without changing at the top helm.

If anyone of those Amhara and Oromo tries to tip the balance in their favour they know it would be their doomsday as Nationalist on both sides would jump at the chance with the help of TPLF and others. The Elites at the helm want to contain any nationlist from both sides at the same time destroy TPLF and OLF (both armed).

The current danger lies toward Djbouti as the Ethiopians see the Somali project is distant away since the impasse of elections. Afars had been powered by the government to clear Somalis from the border areas with Djbouti, and then the big plan which is to create Afar army oppsition against I C Geelle to overthrow. There you have Afar controlling Djbouti and Ethiopia having their cake and eating it.

Jabuutawi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Federal Republic of Soomali-Galbeed Capital of Dira Dhabe

Postby Jabuutawi » Mon May 17, 2021 8:39 pm

@Zidane, good analysis, but the day Afars control Djibouti, and the Djibouti/Ethiopia trade corridor, is the day the last Ciise is either killed off, jailed or banished from the area...an impossible feat.

They had 4 years now to take over the lands in western Sitti with the help of Addis, yet have not annexed an inch of land.

The last month has shown the Afars the wrath of Ciise. Wlhi, we have decimated them, killed 100s, littered in the fields, where ravens and hyenas are feasting in their corpses. I hate to post pictures (miserably looking folks, who are being misled by unscrupulous stakeholders) of their dead and captured here. Just two weeks ago, a place called Taranee, 600 of them were killed, some in their fortified hiding bunkers, too scared to come out and fight to the death. Prior to that, another wholesale killing of about 150 happened few hundred kilometers away from Taranee.

Since that time, not a peep from them. Has anyone heard of a new offensive by the Afars? They are in shock and grieving from Samera to Massawa to Tadjoura. Plenty of tears are being shed in the Danakil Depression.

Super Sitti Zone is here to stay. It is a super zone, that in the future, due to western area being far from the east main hubs, it will be split into two or three zones where Ciise will reign supreme, Allah waayne.

Note: there is no such thing as Somalinimo, 2nd biggest BS (first being Dirnimo) I have heard since I joined this website 7 years ago. Somalinimo is langaabs language of obfuscating an issue. Daacad ka maaha Soomalinimo balse a means to an end.

Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gubbet » Mon May 17, 2021 11:52 pm

Saddam Your views on Ethiopia are too reactionary to be natural sometimes. Are you being inspired actively or something? A lot of Somalis naturally exhibit this unnatural predilection, but what makes me ask you is you never exhibited this before. Are you following or reading an ideologue?

Ethiopia is a very, very, very complex country.

It is actually exceptionally more complex to understandnor predict Ethiopia than SOMALIA. Somalia is actually very simple to understand if hard to fix. Ethiopia on the other hand is very hard to understand but very easy to fix once you do understand it.

For example, Another Louie the Sun King rising in France is more likelier than another Abyssinian King of Ethiopia.

Signed,

1. Pentacostals (No to Orthodox Religious Police)
2. Business People (No to anti-free market Balabats)
3. Mass of ex-Peasants (No to systems like Neftenya and Gebers)

People need to understand the Imperial system's downfall was led by Amhara themselves. It is surface and a mistake to assume or juxtapose ethnicity or concepts of it in this issue.

The Negus system was not "AMHARA VS OROMO" (I mean just look at the power all around the Imperial seat; at times more Oromo than Amhara).

The Imperial system was primarily about FEUDALISM; Master and Servant, Landlord and Peasants.

No one wants to be a gebber/peasant and no free market capitalist wants to give all opportunity up to a corrupt and nepotistic Balabat feudal lord.

That in itself is a bulwark even within the large majority of Amhara themselves, but then add the rise of Pentecostal Protestantism and there is a dynamic in the country that is no longer the Christian (Orthodox) vs Muslim either/or choice.

Pentecostals abhor the Imperial system because of the power it gives the Orthodox who have already tried hard to persecute them , yet the Imperial system can't discard it because without the Orthodox liturgy, it has no foundation, no origins, no heritage, no continuity.

I think there is going to be a long push and pull trade off between the dominant class in Amhara and the dominant Pentacostal class of various groups chiefly led by Oromo and the Southern Nationalities.

The Muslim Oromo, Somalis, and Hararge will exist in a certain state of periphery but not outside---mostly because THEY havr not made the complete choice to be "IN: yet to the project of Ethiopia.

And the project of Ethiopia for the foreseeable future is written in stone.

The views you express Saddam and especially those of Zidane only predict the continuity of Somali Region's in/out non-committal that will sustain the status quo of "in-limbo"
Last edited by Gubbet on Mon May 17, 2021 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gubbet » Mon May 17, 2021 11:56 pm

@Zidane, good analysis, but the day Afars control Djibouti, and the Djibouti/Ethiopia trade corridor, is the day the last Ciise is either killed off, jailed or banished from the area...an impossible feat.

They had 4 years now to take over the lands in western Sitti with the help of Addis, yet have not annexed an inch of land.

The last month has shown the Afars the wrath of Ciise. Wlhi, we have decimated them, killed 100s, littered in the fields, where ravens and hyenas are feasting in their corpses. I hate to post pictures (miserably looking folks, who are being misled by unscrupulous stakeholders) of their dead and captured here. Just two weeks ago, a place called Taranee, 600 of them were killed, some in their fortified hiding bunkers, too scared to come out and fight to the death. Prior to that, another wholesale killing of about 150 happened few hundred kilometers away from Taranee.

Since that time, not a peep from them. Has anyone heard of a new offensive by the Afars? They are in shock and grieving from Samera to Massawa to Tadjoura. Plenty of tears are being shed in the Danakil Depression.

Super Sitti Zone is here to stay. It is a super zone, that in the future, due to western area being far from the east main hubs, it will be split into two or three zones where Ciise will reign supreme, Allah waayne.

Note: there is no such thing as Somalinimo, 2nd biggest BS (first being Dirnimo) I have heard since I joined this website 7 years ago. Somalinimo is langaabs language of obfuscating an issue. Daacad ka maaha Soomalinimo balse a means to an end.
Thank you for the last part, because as a Somali, I do not approve of what you wrote and how you talked about innocent human life as representative.

ReturnOfMariixmaan
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ReturnOfMariixmaan » Tue May 18, 2021 2:21 am

Gubbet & Jabuutawi,

My views are a what if. It isn’t set in stone. I’m pessimistic, the current PP regime isn’t ideal but it’s an improvement. Somalinimo doesn’t exist but when ur surrounded by hostile ethnic groups, it should be a working ideal. I know it doesn’t exist, hello I’m from Gedo. But this blind faith in Abiy I’m pushing back against. We need to be more realistic and plan for change on tone and policy.

Phinks
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Phinks » Tue May 18, 2021 5:17 am

When you think about the word 'habesha' who comes to mind? Oromo? Somali? Nah. Afar? Not likely. The two groups you're more likely to envision are Amhara and Tigray, the historical backbone of Axumite culture, history and literature.

When the Derg was killing and enslaving it's own, the Tigray people - backed by Eritrea and to a lesser extent Somalia and Oromo militias - brought down the regime and finally took the reigns of power. The Tigray then managed to convince the Oromo to disarm and subsequently betrayed them (and Somalis). The Tigray with all their faults though, still managed to bring up the Ethiopian economy to a respectable level, something that was noted by global institutions.

But all this changed when Ethiopia - a sovereign nation - invited ERITREA, it's arch nemesis to genocide the Tigray people. Just imagine Somalis in Somali region, who were given the chance to leave Ethiopia, continued to be a part of Ethiopia, just for Ethiopia giving the Somali government permission to kill and rape them.

Now, with all this happening to Tigray and Oromo refusing to put down their weapons and enclosing Addis Ababa, what are the chances PP or a Amhara dominated state emerges? Zero to none. Abiy is losing it, just recently he designated the OLA and TPLF terrorist organizations, desperate times call for desperate measures.

Either Ethiopia wakes up, brings in real change and administration of law and setting up of proper judiciary structures, or it can kiss its dreams of functioning as a state goodbye.

zidane88
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby zidane88 » Tue May 18, 2021 5:26 am

The main problem is the ruling Somali class who are always obidient to the incumbent government. Another one is, in a peacetime, every tom, ceeb, and harry clan claim of being stakeholder in DDS but when it is wartime they dissappear. Those who died the current war were mostly OGs, Ciise, and Geri. Where's the rest of Dir crew who had been making the noise?

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.