Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Farmajo lost Galmudug and Hiirshabele

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
gobdoon
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Farmajo lost Galmudug and Hiirshabele

Postby gobdoon » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:27 am

It seems its matter of time before he throws the towel, he was planning to control those states and hence get through Xildhibans who would vote for him for president vote time , so all channels are blocked
Honest is the best policy he was well liked but he thrown away all by playing bad corrupt dirty games let us hope he learns a lesson if he got any chance in future

MrSinister
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Farmajo lost Galmudug and Hiirshabele

Postby MrSinister » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:36 am

I wouldn’t discount him so easily, I’m sure he has more tricks up his sleeve. I would bet he has most of galmudug votes. Galmudug needs MX to be a viable state.

The opposition should try to split up the D&M voting block. That seems to be farmajo’s biggest base.

paperino
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby paperino » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:04 am

I wouldn’t discount him so easily, I’m sure he has more tricks up his sleeve. I would bet he has most of galmudug votes. Galmudug needs MX to be a viable state.

The opposition should try to split up the D&M voting block. That seems to be farmajo’s biggest base.
Cite 3-5 examples of how to split them. I think the biggest hurdle is, the opposition aren't perceived as a winning horse.

MrSinister
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby MrSinister » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:12 am

Cite 3-5 examples of how to split them. I think the biggest hurdle is, the opposition aren't perceived as a winning horse.
The opposition is not united under one person, that is their major weakness. What does farmajo offer D&M that anyone can’t? He’s the one who’s jailed Roobow and killed his supporters.

paperino
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby paperino » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:39 am

The opposition is not united under one person, that is their major weakness. What does farmajo offer D&M that anyone can’t? He’s the one who’s jailed Roobow and killed his supporters.
Koonfur Galbeed is doing much better under Farmaajo than previous presidents, otherwise its leader & people won't be in alignment with Farmaajo. They know the track records of Shariif, HSM, Sakiin & other candidates. It's like the soldiers who have been consistently paid their salaries and on time; why risk electing candidates who didn't pay them & stole their salaries? I'm surprised that you've issues with how Roobow was treated. I thought you're for torturing, assassinating, etc Shabbab, particularly their leaders.

sahal80
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby sahal80 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:32 am

i will give you a big secret that will make you understand everything. In the past, Mooge was making financial promises to them and although he is now completely bankrupt/Sagxada every money that arrives in the treasury after today from the donors Rooble is responsible not Mooge so after they achieved financial independence they all abandoned him. Them and Rooble will split the election funds between them. No single country even Qatar supports Mooge.

gobdoon
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gobdoon » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:44 pm

i will give you a big secret that will make you understand everything. In the past, Mooge was making financial promises to them and although he is now completely bankrupt/Sagxada every money that arrives in the treasury after today from the donors Rooble is responsible not Mooge so after they achieved financial independence they all abandoned him. Them and Rooble will split the election funds between them. No single country even Qatar supports Mooge.
Interesting, by the way why is Somalia is always expecting handouts from abroad, we can't even construct a high way, we expect it from abroad and when we get it we celebrate, secondly why all the infrastructure that was working Siad Bare time is a dire straight from Hargeysa to Mogadishou, like in capital every time it rains there is floods and the water drainage and sewage is not working

sahal80
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby sahal80 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:46 am

the other factor is he lost the army for MM and the security card for Roobole. "Crisis actor" Saadaq Joon is responsible for Galmudug security.
:dead:

paperino
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby paperino » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:38 pm

Interesting, by the way why is Somalia is always expecting handouts from abroad, we can't even construct a high way, we expect it from abroad and when we get it we celebrate, secondly why all the infrastructure that was working Siad Bare time is a dire straight from Hargeysa to Mogadishou, like in capital every time it rains there is floods and the water drainage and sewage is not working
Infrastructure done with stringent & quality standards along with minor/medium maintenance over the years should last many decades. Problem with Somalia (including PL, SL and other regions), it isn't maintained, and new ones are done with watered down and substandard quality/materials that usually don't last a few years, and that's due to pocketing a large chunk of the funds. I've seen in SL (and other regions) large chunks of roads/highways eroded by rainfall, where it becomes impassable. The exception is those done by foreign companies, such as the road between Xamar and Afgooye. It would take a few to several generations to limit corruption and enforce accountability in Somalia.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.