Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Caabudwaaq District council in the 50's (Dusa Mareb District before 1971 and 18 regions)

Dadka ku dhaqan ama ka imaaday gobolkan

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Caabudwaaq District council in the 50's (Dusa Mareb District before 1971 and 18 regions)

Postby Gubbet » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:37 am

So we don't get bogged down on the ignorance about what Dhusa Mareb District of yore was or wasn't. Dhusa Mareb District is almost exactly the Caabudwaaq District of today.

Italian era councillors for Caabudwaaq district of today. In light od the newly made Gole Deegaan, some historical attribution!

Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Caabudwaaq District council in the 50's (Dusa Mareb District before 1971 and 18 regions)

Postby Gubbet » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:50 am

Side Note, an irony for the people who claim Siad Barre did 18 regions to favor Marehan or Darod, including making "Galgaduud" because Marehan lived there.

Pre-1969 Galgaduud was two districts shown up there

1. Dhusamareb: 3 MPs (All Marehan, last three were Adan Loow, Mahad Dirir Cadcad, Ali Shire Warsame Guuleed)
2. Ceelbuur 2 Mps (Hawiye)

After 1969 Galgaduud was 5 Districts

Old Dhusamareb
1. Caabudwaaq District : 1 MP (Marehan)

Old Ceelbuur
2.New Dhusa Mareb: 1 MP (Hawiye)
3.Cadaado: 1 MP (Hawiye)
4. New Ceel Buur: 1 MP (Hawiye)
5. Ceel-Dheer: 1 MP (Hawiye)(

Marehan went from 60% of Galgaduud's representation during the colonial and independence period (originally skewered toward population although not completely accurately)

To

20% of Galgaduud's representationafter 1969 and 18 regions reorganization (skewered towards land size)

Siad Barre made 18 regions for Marehan my ass. There is absolutely nothing these people have not lied about.

NGM
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Re: Caabudwaaq District council in the 50's (Dusa Mareb District before 1971 and 18 regions)

Postby NGM » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:55 am

Current Caabudwaaq district Hawiyo live there because Siyaad Barre allowed them to do so, he infact moved them in there and killed/imprisoned any MX who objected to it, during the civil war they where already in the land and just claimed it as their clan territory.

The map has more interesting factors to it, look at Bari region 4 districts in a deserted region, I always assumed it was MJ lead SYL, but obviously it was Italians that empowered MJ with 4 districts, SYL probably added just Gariiban districs.

The MOD literally stood for MSB-Ogaden-Dhulbahante, nothing to do with MX caku Kacaanka siduu sameeye it will take alot of work to reverse it.

DrKheyre

Postby DrKheyre » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:06 am

Brother NGM is absolutely right, MSB wasn't the Santa Claus for Marehan that everyone thinks he is.

STARKAST
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby STARKAST » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:28 am

Current Caabudwaaq district Hawiyo live there because Siyaad Barre allowed them to do so, he infact moved them in there and killed/imprisoned any MX who objected to it, during the civil war they where already in the land and just claimed it as their clan territory.

The map has more interesting factors to it, look at Bari region 4 districts in a deserted region, I always assumed it was MJ lead SYL, but obviously it was Italians that empowered MJ with 4 districts, SYL probably added just Gariiban districs.

The MOD literally stood for MSB-Ogaden-Dhulbahante, nothing to do with MX caku Kacaanka siduu sameeye it will take alot of work to reverse it.
Don't hate that MJ founded your country called Somalia. SYL was run was educated individuals. Again don't hate.
Do you know how many tuulos are in Bari region ? Do you know how many tribes live there ? If look deeper in Bari, there are hundreds of villages.
If you want i can show you.
This is the largest Gobol in Somalia. So please do not make uneducated statements.

STARKAST
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby STARKAST » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:30 am

Voltage, All somalis care about is who owns Dhuusamareeb, which is Hawiye. Its okay to take a loss, your population moved to the south. Simple.

Galdogob is same size as Caabudwaaq.

NGM
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby NGM » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:46 am

Don't hate that MJ founded your country called Somalia. SYL was run was educated individuals. Again don't hate.
Do you know how many tuulos are in Bari region ? Do you know how many tribes live there ? If look deeper in Bari, there are hundreds of villages.
This is the largest Gobol in Somalia. So please do not make uneducated statements.
satellite imagery is enough thank you very much, Bari does not need that many district it is entirely desert region, Bosaso and Qardho should be the only districts, its not me hating its me saying how Italians were biased in favour of their favorite slaves Dhaboyaco.

I guess working those salt mines as slaves paid off :lol:

Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gubbet » Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:42 am

I have never seen a more irrelevant comment than his address to me.

Ok?

STARKAST
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby STARKAST » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:07 am

satellite imagery is enough thank you very much, Bari does not need that many district it is entirely desert region, Bosaso and Qardho should be the only districts, its not me hating its me saying how Italians were biased in favour of their favorite slaves Dhaboyaco.

I guess working those salt mines as slaves paid off :lol:
This is a image of a town named Tooxin. Look to the left in this the above and that's about 100 dwellings. Add Tooxin that's about 300 dwellings in 2 sites, let alone the geeljires. I can name over 200 tuulos in Bari.

This is a list of settlements in Bari, this is over 100 and this is not including the main town and cities.

This is a picture of aid responses from 2014 - which is not the full picture.

Bari is a area that is 1000's years old as documented through history from the greeks, yet we have Voltage and others that reference sources from the 20th century.

Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gubbet » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:21 am

I honestly feel like trying to understand not only what Starkast said but what rrational basis informed his decision must be like the same conundrum the folks who first made contact with the Sentinels faced.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sentinelese

How do bridge the gap between basic human rationality and culture of communication when someone is displaying a very alien disconnection to it?

STARKAST
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby STARKAST » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:57 am

I honestly feel like trying to understand not only what Starkast said but what rrational basis informed his decision must be like the same conundrum the folks who first made contact with the Sentinels faced.

How do bridge the gap between basic human rationality and culture of communication when someone is displaying a very alien disconnection to it?

Voltage this pompous attitude isn’t cool sxb.

Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gubbet » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:11 am

Ok well, I don't appreciate your trolling either.

NGM
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby NGM » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:36 pm

ReturnOfMariixmaan
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ReturnOfMariixmaan » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:33 pm

NGM is the correction to MSB’s Somali liberalism but to be fair to our greatest halyey, he was genuine. Do you honestly think he knew the festering cancer he left us? No he was sincere in his nationalism. That was his greatest strength and weakness. But Jaale is still the definition of our ragnimo. You can’t take that away from him. AUN to the lion of Garbaharey.

:wow:

Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gubbet » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:55 am

Absolutely stunning sign of maturity Saddam. Very, very mature.

Adali, you are not "immature" brother, but you sometimes go off on tangent like you did in this topic.

Basically, pointing out the misunderstanding and irony in topics like this isn't really about Siad. It is about all the people who lied through their teeth about a fair and honest man by ascribing to him clan motivations in advertantly demonizing both him and US.

Siad's decisions were made for his time as a Somali leader.

He did not treat his clan better than anyone else, and infact in many of the biggest legacies the Kacaan left from the first half of his leadership, he was actually a little tougher on his clan.

That is an indictment of the liars who wrongly accuse the man and who wrongly try to effect Marehan equity.

Our response to him as leader should be Saddam's maturity. In hindsight, we are not satisfied with some of the choices Siad made, but we should recognize, honor, and even defend the goodness and sincerety that constituted the choices he made for all of his people as their leader based on integrity and fairness.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.